Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sjs00 posted:

(in all seriousness that's terrible)

idk, i like the song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Three Olives posted:

It's amazing how lobbying power towing companies have for being run by people that make pawnshops look like fine upstanding members of the polite business community.

I don't know if they finally fixed it but there was a towing company in Dallas, so one of the largest US cities, which was basically a straight up criminal enterprise that would get it's towing license revoked for doing crimes after months of legal process, and then immediately get a new towing license under a new LLC because they was nothing stopping them from just getting a new one after their old one was pulled for illegal poo poo which would start the same process over again.

If only there were a single good guy with a gun in the entire shithole state

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

Here is a story about towing:

For a few years my wife and I lived in north Jersey. For those of you not familiar with the area they run street sweepers like loving constantly. Because of this there are rules in basically every municipality that you have to move your car to the opposite side of the street as the street sweeper is sweeping that that day. We had just gotten married, moved across the country and were, frankly, super poor. Like, eating rice for dinner five days a week poor. We both ended up getting a job in upstate New York but needed transportation. We went to a used car lot and ended up buying some piece of trash 1989 Lincoln Town car. It was beastly and weighed a ton. Well after not too long it broke down. We had it parked outside out apartment on a road that was graded perpendicular to the street. So when we have to move the Lincoln the first time to stop it from getting towed it's totally easy the road slopes toward the opposite sidewalk and the car basically moves with it's own weight. Then comes the next day when the street sweeper is coming up the other side of the road. Well it turns out two people pushing an old towncar uphill really REALLY doesn't work. So we had to leave it where it was. They took it that day and we, though upset about losing out $500 dollar car, were actually relieved to have the POS out of our lives. About two months later I get a letter from New Jersey stating that they want me to pay some $400 fee for them smashing my car into a cube. Like the letter literally showed an itemized list of what I was being charged for. No towing charge, no lot fee, just a single line that read something along the lines of "fee for crushing." I never paid, New Jersey can suck my freakin' dick.

Someone should crush new jersey into a cube and drop it in the ocean

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Smythe posted:

quoting this again because i rememberd it and laughed

I'm glad you did because i missed i the first time and it's a gem

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If I were a billionaire I'd free everbodys cars and buy the companies and launch the employees into the sun