Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjs00 posted:

Like what the gently caress is up with our upbringings that we have this nebulous fear of our car getting towed just for parking somewhere? Is it some super centric view of the world that they think anyone actually gives a flying gently caress where you park your piece of poo poo car or what

What in the world is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjs00 posted:

Yeah, I have and I would park my car in the handicap zone just to smoke a bowl at my friends house so I didn't have to drive over the stupid speed bumps. It was still there hours later.

Its the analagous thread to the "Why do Americans wear their shoes inside the house" thread, User Burt Sexual.

Well my car is valued at like 800 bucks then poo poo

Well it’s garbage and a grammatical horror show in the title
I’ll address your concerns before the bad knock off thread is gassed

* where the gently caress is my car? It’s gone! Who do I call, the police?
* police issue fine and tell you to pay to get your car out of impound ($250)
* lose half day pay trying to get dumbasses at wrecker company to get your drat car out
* unable to do poo poo all until all previous steps completed

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sjs00 posted:

(your handle is a grammatical nightmare, by the way.)

I could fix your thread title if you’d ask nicely. I don’t believe usernames can have special characters?

Goons working hard to save your thread here though.

My towing story. I parked in some overnight lot downtown by the bars in college. They put it at the entryway and closed the gate for the night. Some dumb poo poo in likely a F250 wanted to get out at 3am. He pushed my car onto a six lane highway and took off. CCTV got it all. When I returned the next morning I had to figure out the whole poo poo as mine was obviously towed. Had to front the impound money to go to work the following day. And the alignment was hosed up afterwards too. Skeezy impound lot w cars bumper to bumper, door to door.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Parking in a handicap spot is an rear end in a top hat move too. My mom at 85 has to walk 100 feet more to get groceries bc you’re entitled and a bitch that can’t walk. At like middle age I’m guessing.

Anyways i small claimed the dude and he had to pay like $1500 to me. My car was a 20 year old Vega. Judge didn’t like that parking fuckling

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

im serious what thread is that quote from and why is it your redtext avatar now OP?

Buy him pms and make out. I don’t care.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FungiCap posted:

I used to live in Arlington Viriginia where they have literal people (narcs) waiting in parking lots to see if you go to the "wrong" store for that parking lot and call a tow truck immediately which is there within only a few minutes.

For reference, this is the tow company that the ESPN reporter went ballistic on a few years ago:

https://deadspin.com/is-this-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-berating-a-parking-1698248529

The rest of the country saw the freak out and lambasted her, but secretly most Arlington residents cheered.

They've been known to tow cars out of peoples own driveways, and even once tried to tow a car with a dad's kids in it when he went inside a CVS for a few minutes to get cold medicine:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Arlington-Tow-Truck-Driver-Hooks-Car-With-Children-Inside-298537061.html

I've had my own car towed from that same CVS because I went to get a coffee across the street first instead of going into the CVS that the parking lot was for. So in the 3 minutes it took to get a coffee my car was already gone for parking at a store I was actually going to buy something from lol.

So yes OP, I'm extremely loving scarred for life of my poo poo getting towed after living in Arlington VA.

But you’re rich and can afford it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mammal Sauce posted:

I was arrested one night for a 110 in a 30 and the police were very friendly and fulfilled my request of a rollback truck for my Triumph and were sure to take good care of it. When I bailed myself out the next day, it was still in immaculate condition and drove off $150 poorer.

Other people I know have had them thrown on the back of an old school tow truck and are tossed around like a pendulum beating the poo poo out of it on the way to impound.

:thunk: