Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hope Rowena flirting with pudgy Ketch doesn't become an ongoing thing. That could get annoying pretty fast.

I more worry that they are just ticking boxes and giving every old character a cameo appearance that won't have poo poo to do with the arc and/or endgame. Especially with Rowena, Ketch, Kevin, and Amara in one ep.

Like why doesn't Kevin stay and help the Winchesters like their cool ghost friend? He has some time before he starts to go nuts from being a ghost. Ghost Bobby was pretty useful when he was around, but Kevin is just gonna walk the earth like Caine in Kung Fu?

Astroman fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, he got kind of a poo poo deal hanging around with the winchesters. I'd wanna bail before they figured out they could use his soul to power some potential anti chuck device and he has to sacrifice his soul since that's literally all he has left.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kevin is one of the best characters the show has had so I'm happy to see him back in any capacity.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That episode was great and hell yeah can't wait to get back to some monster of the week episodes.

gotta poo
Mar 14, 2019

by VideoGames

Sirotan posted:

That episode was great and hell yeah can't wait to get back to some monster of the week episodes.

It WAS a lot of fun!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Pretty awesome for Youtube channel "Wayward Winchester" to have a nice fat spoiler clip for who dies "forever" (which as it's the last season is probably more true than usual) this week show up in my suggestions before I'd watched the episode. :mad:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got spoilered by Mary Winchester earlier today on twitter. Hadn't had a chance to watch the episode, and boom.

Great episode though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder how Heaven is doing? Remember when they didn't have enough angels to keep the place stable, and it was in danger of falling apart and losing all the good souls? So they tried to kidnap young Jack, leading to a few more of them dying. And then they let Lucifer in and he did nothing to improve the situation.

So is Heaven still falling apart?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kind of thought that the supposed tragedy of Rowena's death was played up a bit much, given that she is a serial killer who's never really done anything to redeem herself that wasn't in her own self-interest.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think her and Sam had a bond cause she was literally the only other person in the show who's had PTSD from Lucifer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And she was always hilarious. Fans loved her so of course she got a good sendoff.

RIP Jack's body.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tiggum posted:

Kind of thought that the supposed tragedy of Rowena's death was played up a bit much, given that she is a serial killer who's never really done anything to redeem herself that wasn't in her own self-interest.

I agree, it a little too over the top, especially considering how perfunctory Ketch's was.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This is probably not too great for the show's production schedule.....

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/27/supernatural-star-jared-padalecki-arrested-club-austin-drunk-assault/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Figured it was already wrapped

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I heard they had 8 left to film.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If they kill Jodie I'm gonna riot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Jensen as Red Hood: https://imgur.com/gallery/LNE2IZK

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Holy poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4SyLGCAX2C/?igshid=72ra5k02pa0g

drat he looks the part in that costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat. That cowl looks better than Ruby Rose's.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Jensen needs to get into Phase 4 of Marvel or something because he's got EXTREME Superhero Face.

Gosh.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Why isn't an episode of Supernatural airing on Halloween??? :mad:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well poo poo, I think they made me like Becky.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like that generally the episodes have been getting better. I really wasn’t feeling the opening two. I liked the reveal that the opening of this episode is ending Chuck is now going to work toward.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, Sammy having PTSD and Dean losing all hope was just loving heartbreaking.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I am really enjoying all the call backs though.

Next step? Talk to the reaper about reaping God.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I love the meta of this show. "So what now, he just throws his greatest hits at us?"

Also love the recurring "This is you?" joke with Dean's ID. That man has aged like a fine wine.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda wondering how Chuck got Lilith out of the Empty. I was pretty sure that back when Cas woke up he got lectured about how that's not a place God can reach/affect.

Gotta wonder what the endgame is, since apparently if Chuck bites it, the universe just goes to poo poo anyway (lights out, literally). I can kinda understand Dean's POV at the moment.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm kinda wondering how Chuck got Lilith out of the Empty.

The same way he did it to resurrect Cas half a dozen times, I would think.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I was thinking they had some kinda meeting in the Empty but I'm guessing he just brought her back and told her what she needed to do.

The Empty mainly just gets pissed if there's someone awake in there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I thought the actress playing Lilith did a really good job.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, she was fun. I love these episodes that Supernatural always did where the first half seems like just a random MOTW and then the big reveal comes midway through and it gets way more serious. A callback in and of itself and loving the greatest hits goodbye tour.

And I was thinking "that's weird, that's like the second monster this season who has just sacrificed himself". But maybe that's Chuck's hacky writing.

Yea, I was thinking they had some kinda meeting in the Empty but I'm guessing he just brought her back and told her what she needed to do.

The Empty mainly just gets pissed if there's someone awake in there.

The Empty mostly struck me as megalomaniacal and full of poo poo as pretty much every celestial being we've seen has been. I think he was probably just peacocking for Cas.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 19, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's pretty tough though. He hosed up heaven pretty well on his own, albeit a weakened heaven without a lot of angels. He's probably full of poo poo, but he's up there in just raw strength.

Nthing Chuck's hacky writing though. Reminds me of the episode where metatron was typing up poo poo and brought back Gabriel for the whole famdomesque subtle as a brick to the face writing. Great writers, heaven does not have.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, neat. The brunette girl from this episode was also the evil little painting girl WAY back in season 1.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Oh, neat. The brunette girl from this episode was also the evil little painting girl WAY back in season 1.

And this was the third different character Keegan Connor Tracy has played.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Deaf Hunter Lady was a deeper cut that I expected for the final season.

When are we going to see Jody and Donna again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
These fuckers will probably kill off both of them for no goddamned reason.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Would have been better if Kevin Tran appeared out of no where saying hey how come she gets to be alive and I don't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

And Alessa in Silent Hill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Would have been better if Kevin Tran appeared out of no where saying hey how come she gets to be alive and I don't.

RIGHT?!

Poor Kevin