Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

April posted:

Fantastic, and a really sweet good-bye for Garth. The writers nailed this one.

"You got Garth'd." :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

The idea that they never knew how to pick locks, just kind of stuck a bit of metal in there and wiggled it around and the lock popped open because they were the protagonists and "that's how the story goes" is hilarious to me. :roflolmao:

I guess this explains why most folks believed they were FBI agents, despite getting scruffier and scruffier over the years.

And now they've lost their plot armor. :ohdear:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was excellent but man, DJ Qualls never grew into his goofy rear end face. Dude looks about 70 now.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Finally was able to catch up and watch the last 6 seasons. Just finished season 14 and that ending was good, but what elevated it anther level was the music choice. Jesus that was good.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

Finally was able to catch up and watch the last 6 seasons. Just finished season 14 and that ending was good, but what elevated it anther level was the music choice. Jesus that was good.

God Was Never on Your Side by Motorhead? Yeah, they couldn't have picked a better song even if one was written specifically for that scene.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tonight's episode is the last one until March 16. :cry:

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
They're just dense with incidental lore this season. So now we know all the historical gods the boys have killed were basically made from the days when capital g God didn't want to be blamed for anything.

What a bonkers show.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m watching this show via the CW app, have there been no new episodes the past couple of weeks?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nope. Last one was 2? weeks ago (the one at the bar), new ones in march.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Psychepath posted:

They're just dense with incidental lore this season. So now we know all the historical gods the boys have killed were basically made from the days when capital g God didn't want to be blamed for anything.

What a bonkers show.

I love every bit of this incidental lore. Why couldn't they have this stuff in the other seasons?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

They shut down production of Supernatural midway through filming the penultimate episode. :qq:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So what you're saying is months from now they'll have to assemble the cast and crew and do 1.5 more eps?

Well poo poo, lets throw a few more in there and Season 16 here we come! :getin:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tonight's episode was really great but it's also the last episode they are going to air for god Chuck knows how long bc they have 4 eps filmed but vfx weren't completed yet when they shut down production due to the stupid pandemic. :qq::qq:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Not nearly enough of the other universe Winchesters. You can't tease us with alternate versions of characters and then only have them around for, like, two minutes. :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They went to Brazil, which means they died of covid-19.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Tiggum posted:

Not nearly enough of the other universe Winchesters. You can't tease us with alternate versions of characters and then only have them around for, like, two minutes. :argh:

The introduction was actually amazing. Someone obviously had a lot of fun with that.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Since Supernatural is on production hiatus, the producers have been tweeting short behind the scenes/gag reel videos every Monday instead. Here's everything posted so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC39tZQ6F9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l62WEppBkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYfGpNRfZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCVFAeuh8g

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

And here's tonight's (they might be running out of material...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO9VTB18Pbg

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’ve been going through Supernatural for the first time ever since March and I’ve been really enjoying the ride but I just got to the Season 6 episode where J2 get transported to our universe where Supernatural is a TV show and it was so great that I’m scared to continue because I’m worried it can’t possibly be anything but a letdown from here on out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ve been going through Supernatural for the first time ever since March and I’ve been really enjoying the ride but I just got to the Season 6 episode where J2 get transported to our universe where Supernatural is a TV show and it was so great that I’m scared to continue because I’m worried it can’t possibly be anything but a letdown from here on out.

I mean you haven't seen the Scooby Doo episode yet, so. Keep watching.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Good instincts. You are headed into the mid-series slump. The "oh for fucks sake stop keeping secrets from each other that's 90% of your problems!!!" years. But every season has a few really good episodes, and the whole thing picks up again eventually.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Before I watched Supernatural I always heard people ragging everything past season 5 but I thought they were almost all really great, I mean you've got soulless Sam, Leviathans, Abaddon. And yeah you still haven't gotten to Scoobynatural or Baby!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sirotan posted:

Before I watched Supernatural I always heard people ragging everything past season 5 but I thought they were almost all really great, I mean you've got soulless Sam, Leviathans, Abaddon. And yeah you still haven't gotten to Scoobynatural or Baby!

I think part of the problem is that the first 5 years have an arc where the story continues to build toward the apocalypse. There was a 5 year plan. Every season after that is written not knowing if it will get renewed for another season, so it doesn't have that sense of building toward something.

Also the Frankensteins were a lame rear end season villain. That was the low point for me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think my favorite meta joke in the real world episode is when Dean is freaking out asking why anyone would want to watch their lives and Sam responds like “Well apparently not many people do.”

But it does beg the question why they’re surprised at the popularity of the tv show when in their own universe they’re already well aware of the cult following for the Supernatural Book Series by the Prophet Chuck.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

And yeah you still haven't gotten to Scoobynatural or Baby!

Or Fan Fiction. :allears:

The season plots after season five are mostly poo poo, but there are still great characters and episodes.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

It's Monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W_mHO5e3OA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sigh I don’t really like this Leviathan story arc so much.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sigh I don’t really like this Leviathan story arc so much.

Yeah, it's not the best.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Weren't Leviathans a thing like 4 seasons ago? I tapped out around then and I'm running out of quarantine TV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Weren't Leviathans a thing like 4 seasons ago? I tapped out around then and I'm running out of quarantine TV.

Eh you should just start over from the beginning!

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sad they didn't do more with the Cas-as-God storyline instead of going with Leviathans that season. Missed opportunity imo.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

It's Monday again, you know what that means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0amXFZ44FY

Series finale was originally scheduled to air today.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Today gets worse and worse.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I skipped the thread bc I don't want spoilers but only 1-14 are on Netflix, where is 15 available?

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

pile of brown posted:

I skipped the thread bc I don't want spoilers but only 1-14 are on Netflix, where is 15 available?

The last 5 are available on CW streaming, there are 7 episodes left that didn’t get finished before Covid and plans are to air those in the fall. The first 8 episodes aren’t available for streaming

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

pile of brown posted:

:filez:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Quite a few CW shows have added the newest seasons to netflix, so there's a strong chance the episodes from the first part season 15 will be up soon.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

pile of brown posted:

Just got an email from Netflix saying season 15 is now available, looks like it's all eps that have currently aired (1-13).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
We hired some folks to make an intro to our SPN podcast and it turned into an entire thing and then I made a video for it, so now I can check "made a Supernatural AMV" on my resume I guess. We've only just started S12, so there aren't any spoilers past S12E01. It has an in-joke or two, but even folks that don't listen to the podcast seem to be digging it, so I thought I'd share it here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNjbrC1S-CI

Credits, lyrics, etc are all in the description.

content warning for destiel, blood sex, and what people have told me i should call "weechesters" but i much prefer the term "kidchesters"

EC fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I appreciate that you put the lyrics underneath. Are the lyrics for the previous intro songs written out anywhere? I remember looking for them and not finding them.