Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I really don't know why there's even such negative backlash. I mean, I know people are upset it wasn't the perfect ending they have in their fanfics, but the last shot was literally exactly what I thought it would be, actors who couldn't return to shoot the episode notwithstanding.

It was a fine ending, and that's about all I really expected from a show that's gone on this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

The Last Call posted:

So apparently some of the fandom is mad they both died because it means they can't be back for the SPN reboot some years down the road.

It's cute they think that will happen.

They also didn't hear Bobby say Castiel helped Jack reshape heaven so they are mad at imagined (in this instance) homophobia for leaving Cas in "super hell" which isn't even really hell, just a place where you sleep forever which sounds pretty sweet tbh

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

They had a whole episode with the premise that the bros are actually pretty awful hunters who only survived this long because of literal plot armor, after all

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

I get that, but maybe blame Covid and Misha not being available due to Covid rather than the writers being raging homophobes?

Being sad Misha wasn't there is fine, blowing it out of proportion is irritating. Especially when there have been legit reasons to critique the way the show has handled LGBTQ characters without having to make things up.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ahhh why does everyone wanna live in a world where everyone on their favorite TV show is loving each other?

I don't understand why fans feel like the writers HAVE to go along with their fanfics, anyway. It's not the story they want to tell, get over it, criticize them for actually good reasons instead of saying it's homophobic for them not to make two characters hook up that they never intended to have hook up.

I also think it's gross that any time two men show any love or affection in a show it's decided it MUST be sexual or romantic in nature, like men can't have close friendships without wanting to gently caress.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

They also use evidence like "Dean watches a medical drama and is a fan of the lead" as evidence for him being bisexual, which, I guess if you want to side with guys who think it's gay to watch shows that are "for girls"? Seems pretty toxic to me.

I try my best to ignore the fandom but they are just so loud and annoying right now.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

That conspiracy sounds like a lot of complaining about the ending of a show they didn't even like, apparently. The Twitter hashtag revealed some of the characters "silenced."

I am also very confused why people thought Claire Novak was a good character who got "silences" for being a lesbian.

She was already a minor, recurring character and the actress has since gone on to be busy filming movies so I guess she wasn't available for her once a season cameo. She was annoying, who cares, the actress has been doing much better in other roles.

And the random lesbian townies? They were background characters, how were they "silenced?"

Charlie is at least a legit complaint. I was never a big fan but oof, her death was an awful disservice to the character.

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Sam Winchester's poison dick is a cliche for the show for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Less Fat Luke posted:

Side note, I think Jack would leave monsters alive because a bunch of episodes showed that they're not all evil and that evil ones have the potential to become good.

I agree with that idea. Otherwise, why stop there? Why not only bring back good people and leave the rest wiped out? Why not just go back to smiting the wicked?

It makes more sense that Jack would put everything back how it was, step back, and let the world handle itself.