Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

word on the street is many(if not all) posters want beloved forums celebrity pog boyfriend to get an egg next to their name, instead of a grenade. now personally i was sort of ambivalent on the issue, until the mass support of the general something awful community at large swayed me and i felt compelled to create this thread to ensure that their dream become a reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
you should post the egg image you would like so that certain people(smythe) have no excuses

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

They wouldn't even change mine back to the standard grenade.

Good luck on this quest op.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
give it to me instead :twisted:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

freckle posted:

you should post the egg image you would like so that certain people(smythe) have no excuses

I like this one

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
give this man his egg!!!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
give 🐔pog 🐥an 🥚 egg

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I wish your sig showed up in QQCS, pog, I really like that gif of squeezing the chocolate poo poo out of the pastry pog. That should be the icon next to your username imo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I wish your sig showed up in QQCS, pog, I really like that gif of squeezing the chocolate poo poo out of the pastry pog. That should be the icon next to your username imo

the last time i posted with my sig out of fyad, i was pming someone a picture of the hamilton soundtrack album art and they threatened me with a terrible fate

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I don't think the admins should yield to this sort of pressure personally, everyone and their dogs will be wanting a special icon next. Haven;t you heard the phrase, "give them an egg, and they'll want a leg"?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I fully support forums poster pog boyfriend in their egg related ambitions.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Pogs quest for the egg gives me hope, which is why I would like for it to not be granted at this time.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
No yolks about it, this is an eggcelent idea.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
it's extremely bold to ask the admin team to change your name to djinn flyssa

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
should be a crack egg

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is widely known that egg is a synonym for a grenade, thus in your heart you already have what you set out to acquire. an egg

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

bloom posted:

I fully support forums poster pog boyfriend in their egg related ambitions.
Agreed, I think an egg would be very useful for clarity and avoiding future confusion (I thought it was a roast turkey for the longest time)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:razz:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it looks like if you ignore all of the blatantly paid off troll posts, everyone is in favour of this suggestion

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

it looks like if you ignore all of the blatantly paid off troll posts, everyone is in favour of this suggestion
This

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
alas the age of custom plat icons is behind us. Perhaps it will return some day, but that day is not today.

I will return and unleash the egg, among others, when the unknowable, lumbering, arcane machine that is Forums Tech can be deciphered by our scholars.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
looks good!

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

alas the age of custom plat icons is behind us. Perhaps it will return some day, but that day is not today.

I will return and unleash the egg, among others, when the unknowable, lumbering, arcane machine that is Forums Tech can be deciphered by our scholars.

lol was zdr the only one who knew how?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If the admins are like the Goonies spelunking around looking for lost treasure, which one is Sloth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

freckle posted:

lol was zdr the only one who knew how?

hypothetically i know how to do it, but making them is kind of tricky and idk. you make them as svg files or smth and then make a css and apply that to users.

overall, it's 50/50 tech and policy. like even when i get it working, I'm not particularly thrilled about how they were handed out and why. if they were tied in to big forums events, fundraisers, charity drives, whatever, that's one thing, but we were kind of ... slapdash? with them in the past.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Almost giving the egg, but in the end not giving the egg is the funnier option imo. Another QCS success story.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

hypothetically i know how to do it, but making them is kind of tricky and idk. you make them as svg files or smth and then make a css and apply that to users.

overall, it's 50/50 tech and policy. like even when i get it working, I'm not particularly thrilled about how they were handed out and why. if they were tied in to big forums events, fundraisers, charity drives, whatever, that's one thing, but we were kind of ... slapdash? with them in the past.

looks like your going to have to defeat smythe in a game of starcraft, mr pog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

freckle posted:

looks like your going to have to defeat smythe in a game of starcraft, mr pog

not exactly a high bar considering ive been stymied as a lowly diamond player for years. a shameful confession, but it's true.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Smythe posted:

any chance the scaling could be fixed on mine, too, when you are able to get to it? keep in mind my support for pog hangs on this.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

any chance the scaling could be fixed on mine, too, when you are able to get to it? keep in mind my support for pog hangs on this.

maybe?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ZDR said was going to do it, but that was right around the time he vanished. I don't want to hold you personally responsible, but targets of opportunity are few, you see...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I do see. Thank you.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

not exactly a high bar considering ive been stymied as a lowly diamond player for years. a shameful confession, but it's true.

how are you with idol managers?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

the last time i posted with my sig out of fyad, i was pming someone a picture of the hamilton soundtrack album art and they threatened me with a terrible fate

thinking bout those eggs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
imo give the first five posts but pog an egg

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

actually everyone proper protocol is street fighter for forums grudge matches. i dont make the rules, the precedent has already been set

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

In The White Mountains by John Christopher, a beloved childrens' book about life in the aftermath of an alien conquest of Earth which has reduced human culture to a medieval state, the protagonists at one point come across a cache of hand grenades, which they describe as "metal eggs".

So in a way, pog has already gotten his heart's desire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

guys cut this monkey paw "the power was inside you this whole time" bullshit. i know what i want. starting to get extremely pissed here, and street fighter matches are not out of the question.