Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I have forgotten nearly everything about it, but I remember absolutely loving an omnibus of Elizabeth Enright's Melendy Family novels when I checked it out of the library as a kid. Really need to revisit sometime.

Edit: Of course, the one that I read turns out to be very expensive on AbeBooks. :sigh:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Heather Papps posted:

i used to read the mole dialouge aloud on the bus to make my friends laugh, hurr hurr

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A human heart posted:

Thank you, however this book seems a bit advanced for me to begin with, are any of his other works more straightforward?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? is probably the best entry point for Carle. You should keep going, though, even beyond The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The Grouchy Ladybug can be a demanding read, but for me, it's also his most rewarding and illuminating.