Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

witht he whole death to america thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We're imperialistic assholes and have objectively made the world worse off time and time again with our actions.

I can't find it offhand, but one of the 9/11 planners or even Khalid Sheikh Mohammad wrote a pretty good and detailed write up of multiple decades of atrocities committed by the united states or its agents over the past few decades. We have hosed up a lot of things for a lot of people solely because a dictator we were friendly with because of oil asked. We still routinely blow up massive parts of the region for the offense of trying to live free.

We have almost universally been the baddies with regard to the middle east. Every single action of ours leaves the area appreciably worse because we're reckless assholes and only care about money.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

OIF, OEF, and Desert Storm were all wars with people we put in power and supported. Our diplomats were held hostage in Iran because we toppled their democratically elected government and installed a dictator only for him to get later overthrown by a religious government. Israel exists in the way it does today in large part to US support and they are a nation that in modern times can only be compared to apartheid south africa. We have used the kurds to our advantage in the region and abandoned them to die over and over again. We still do not acknowledge that Turkey massacred armenians in the early 1900s and we're allowing them to genocide the kurds right now.

I'm hard pressed to think of any actual good thing we've ever done that wasn't directly tied to oil profits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ahem, it's a demographic correction.

That's our ally's description of the wholesale slaughter of the people we've had doing our dirty work for decades.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've only talked about the middle east. We're just as loving bad in Africa, both north and south of the sahara. If it will make us some money, we'll support anyone killing anyone. As long as next quarter's sales are up, the ends justify the means.

It's pretty fitting that we have a mobbed up failed realtor as president. He really represents the american id.

We owe the world reparations. We are a vacuum that sucks out wealth out of a region like a leech and leaves nothing but a desiccated husk behind.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How many horrible assholes have we supported throughout southeast asia and south america? I can think of at least half a dozen off the top of my head. But hey, we get cheap clothes and shoes.

We're generally monsters no matter where we poke around on the globe. If you have money, we'll try to exploit that. If you don't have money, we'll exploit your resources. We'll also take advantage of all the slave labor you have to offer because, hey, all men were created equal.

We have a loving statue by one of the largest historical immigration points that specifically tells the world that we are open for the refugees of any nation. In practice we have 6 figures of human beings in concentration camps across the country.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

gently caress that makes me feel like poo poo, but yeah this:

quote:

It's pretty fitting that we have a mobbed up failed realtor as president. He really represents the american id.

We owe the world reparations. We are a vacuum that sucks out wealth out of a region like a leech and leaves nothing but a desiccated husk behind

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
let he who is not actively making the world a worse place cast the first stone

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We're the baddies, Hans.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:d2a:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Q-DUj9OHw&t=297s

"and stupid motherfuckers sit and wonder why they bomb us" :smith:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Vietnam lol

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

My dad went to Vietnam, the USA hosed over the South.

I went to Kurdistan and the USA hosed them over.

It's a family tradition.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

SimonCat posted:

My dad went to Vietnam, the USA hosed over the South.

I went to Kurdistan and the USA hosed them over.

It's a family tradition.

It's like the reverse of Lt. Dan's family.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
yeah we have been actively screwing the rest of the world over pretty much since the end of WWII.

Not that we weren't doing it before then, we just had to take a break for a while and screw ourselves over with the Great Depression and all.

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
WW2 a great example of why supporting the lesser of two evils can lead to important outcomes in specific situations.