Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«253 »
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a big difference is that it doesn't seem like enemies ever drop shotgun shells but they do pistol clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Tip posted:

If you use it more you'll get more ammo. Those loose shotgun shells are really easy to miss though.

I ran it dry at every opportunity and got sod-all ammo for it. Meanwhile I drowned in pistol and SMG ammo.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

I'm having a hard time with the blur while using the Index. I've been moving it up and down a lot since it seems like a vertical position issue, but that isn't really working. I've tried all the IPD positions too. Any common issues or fixes? Stuff in the distance in Alyx is pretty rough. Maybe that's just the quality of the screen?

Also, the refresh rate was set to 90 by default. Should that be at 144 (or whatever max was)?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Penpal posted:

- Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is still trucking with constant updates, but Anton just finished Update 90 which is now out of a month-long alpha. If you don't own this game, it's more than just a firearms sim, so give it a look. And don't forget to put your pistol over your shoulder, so when you're taking a knee to load a stripper clip into your bolt-action you can reach behind yourself to grab a backup when you get pushed by sosigs. Note: this feels extremely cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwPqLkF2OTg

Thanks for posting this and the video. The dude seems pretty into the game and I'm going to 100% pick it up eventually.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

MarcusSA posted:

The dude seems pretty into the game

he's the dev

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CrazyLittle posted:

he's the dev

Oh yeah I know.

I should have been more clear, I just really liked his enthusiasm.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

KingKapalone posted:

I'm having a hard time with the blur while using the Index. I've been moving it up and down a lot since it seems like a vertical position issue, but that isn't really working. I've tried all the IPD positions too. Any common issues or fixes? Stuff in the distance in Alyx is pretty rough. Maybe that's just the quality of the screen?

Also, the refresh rate was set to 90 by default. Should that be at 144 (or whatever max was)?

What's your actual IPD, out of curiosity?

Gort posted:

Just don't bother upgrading the shotgun. It's a fine weapon with no upgrades, for the dozen-or-so shells the game will give you for it.

The auto-loading upgrade is actually resin well spent. The rest for it are completely worthless though.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

KingKapalone posted:

Is it in other games, or just Alyx? Alyx has a pretty aggressive auto-resolution feature so it might be cutting that down to keep the framerate up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?

Nap Ghost

I'm running 144fps and like 126% scaling and alyx is gorgeous on my index. The game yells at me when I turn it on but I've got a pretty beefy PC (1080gtx, i9 and 64gb RAM).

«253 »