Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Turin Turambar posted:

And in April Star Wars Pinball VR, with 8 tables

Hope they don't charge too much for this. I'd like some more VR tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

spacetoaster posted:

are there any good driving/racing games for quest?

Ultrawings is a nice simple pilotwings style flying game

Blaze Rush is a fun rock n roll racing style game, although the "VR" is from 3rd person so its like you're watching RC cars race around a track, not in the car

The real good racing games are all PCVR only AFAIK

Dash Dash World, Touring Karts, iRacing, PCars 2, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2, Redout, BallisticNG, those are the good ones but not on quest unfortunately

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I really wish the Ballistic.NG team would do a full Quest port.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

njsykora posted:

I really wish the Ballistic.NG team would do a full Quest port.

Yeah unlike the other games in that list, it would probably port over pretty cleanly as-is.

FWIW they're a 2-person team so I can't fault them too much.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

$25

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah unlike the other games in that list, it would probably port over pretty cleanly as-is.

FWIW they're a 2-person team so I can't fault them too much.

Also it was a hobby project until fairly recently when they did a poll on whether to stop development and leave the game free or continue dev and make it cost money and most of the games fans said yes please charge money for it so we can have more of it.

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

VD has been 90hz enabled for a while now.

Also, I think (not 100% sure yet) that Pop1 was updated to run at 90hz on quest2. Probably not quest1.

Apparently Pop1 still runs at 72hz on the Quest 2. People have enabled it via sidequest and it runs fine at 90hz, so I presume devs are either worried about battery life or headroom for when things get really busy. Personally I'd like a little more resolution or anti-aliasing before 90hz, it's pretty jaggy.

Gangringo posted:

So I just got a quest 2 and I'm immediately in love.

Since the battery strap and case bundle is unobtanium, is there any specific third party set that is as good or better?

I just bought a 10k mAh anker usb-c charger with PD and attached it via velcro to the back of the elite strap, it also came with a short usb-c cable that's the ideal length for cable tying along the side of the strap. Gives 6h runtime, and counterbalances the front load of the headset nicely.

Zaphod42 posted:

Dash Dash World, Touring Karts, iRacing, PCars 2, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2, Redout, BallisticNG, those are the good ones but not on quest unfortunately

Dash Dash World is on Quest. https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2159739540797724/?locale=en_GB

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
So far crashland is a very pretty cool game. I’ve only played the first 2 levels. It’s challenging right now

Edit: I love the planets and the aliens so far.

Lord Decimus Barnacle fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 26, 2021

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

pantsfree posted:

Apparently Pop1 still runs at 72hz on the Quest 2. People have enabled it via sidequest and it runs fine at 90hz, so I presume devs are either worried about battery life or headroom for when things get really busy. Personally I'd like a little more resolution or anti-aliasing before 90hz, it's pretty jaggy.

I just bought a 10k mAh anker usb-c charger with PD and attached it via velcro to the back of the elite strap, it also came with a short usb-c cable that's the ideal length for cable tying along the side of the strap. Gives 6h runtime, and counterbalances the front load of the headset nicely.

This. Make sure you get the one that’s PD but not labeled redux. It doesn’t add anything and it’s $10 more.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Picked up a Quest 2 along with the boys and Im wondering what the best option for being in Team Speak with them and wearing the headset. I dont have any wireless earphones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buddy of mine who got an Oculus key for Bridge Crew in that fanatical bundle tried playing today and got a "this product has already been claimed by [RANDOM ACCOUNT NAME]." message when he launched it. Not sure what happened considering we played this together like yesterday but it seems like that key maybe got re-sold or something.

Edit: Support told him they've been seeing the issue pop up and the development team is "looking into it". I said just reach out to fanatical for a new key because who knows how long ubi's going to take.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 26, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

KoB posted:

Picked up a Quest 2 along with the boys and Im wondering what the best option for being in Team Speak with them and wearing the headset. I dont have any wireless earphones.

Unless you do some really silly stuff with Virtual Desktop I don’t think there really is anything you can do as far as a TS/Vent styled solution for the Quest. Closest would be VRChat or maybe a Bigscreen room.

Actually BS might not be a bad idea. You could play stuff on your desktop via the HMD and shoot the poo poo or whatever, but there’s no multi game voip party thing that I know about.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm digging Crashland too, I've completed 3 missions. It's hard! The enemy designs are great and the weapons are cool, shooting feels good, enemies react to taking damage well. I'm a little worried I'll burn out on it fast since there's literally nothing to it except pick a mission, pick a few perks, start shooting.

Waves of enemies approaching me from every direction on a mostly flat open plain is more or less one of my biggest nightmares so the game is super frantic for me but that's alright!

It's a game that immensely benefits from actually physically turning to turn instead of using the stick.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Lol, the first controller battery died on my Quest (it jumped from 66% to 13% about a week ago for some reason), during Alyx, and I just watched as my hand gently floated away with shotgun in tow.

The first time I ever started messing with VR I got absurdly high and then played a bunch of floating hand games on PSVR, where the Move controllers kept slipping out of tracking vision and my hands would float away. It took me three days to shake the constant anxiety/fear IRL that my hands were going to randomly float away at any moment.

And it makes this post very funny to me because my dad recently retired and bought a Reverb G2 to Flight Sim in and he mentioned the same thing after getting absurdly high before his first VR session:

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Invest in a reverb g2, and you can enjoy random dead hand tracking all the time!!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 26, 2021

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

KoB posted:

Assuming you all have Quests, you can party up independent of the game you're playing, which enables voice chat for the party. Many games (such as Rec Room, Echo VR, Eleven Table Tennis, etc.) also have built-in voice chat for people who are near each other.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Shine posted:

Assuming you all have Quests, you can party up independent of the game you're playing, which enables voice chat for the party. Many games (such as Rec Room, Echo VR, Eleven Table Tennis, etc.) also have built-in voice chat for people who are near each other.

Many games also mute the system party chat (I know rec room does), which is kinda annoying. My friends and I always coordinate who's going to set things up/invite everybody before we join a game just in case it mutes the Oculus chat.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If you use Virtual Desktop then you can use TeamSpeak over VR, or Discord or Zoom or anything really. You'll probably want to turn down the volume on the game you're playing, but I did it when I wanted to show VR to my parents on a Zoom call.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm digging Crashland too, I've completed 3 missions. It's hard! The enemy designs are great and the weapons are cool, shooting feels good, enemies react to taking damage well. I'm a little worried I'll burn out on it fast since there's literally nothing to it except pick a mission, pick a few perks, start shooting.

Waves of enemies approaching me from every direction on a mostly flat open plain is more or less one of my biggest nightmares so the game is super frantic for me but that's alright!

It's a game that immensely benefits from actually physically turning to turn instead of using the stick.

I worry I’ll burn out fast too.
This game would really benefit from some multiplayer or something. But I do like it so far. I think I’ve done 7 of the missions.

I really like all the different environments and the creatures are great. I also like the weapons and upgrades so far.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Zaphod42 posted:

Dash Dash World not on quest unfortunately

I believe it is on the Quest 2. Are they separate stores?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gejimayu posted:

No, he got confused I guess.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gejimayu posted:

Indeed it is

Turin Turambar posted:

No, he got confused I guess.

lmao not sure why you're making such a big deal out of it, it was already corrected. I didn't realized I had to personally post "oh I was wrong it is on quest"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I think we can move on from that.

I'd spaced on there being a System Shock 2 remaster in the works, but apparently VR support will be added post-launch, and will be co-op compatible with the flat version, like Payday 2. That'll be good poo poo if they don't gently caress it up.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Shine posted:

I'd spaced on there being a System Shock 2 remaster in the works, but apparently VR support will be added post-launch, and will be co-op compatible with the flat version, like Payday 2. That'll be good poo poo if they don't gently caress it up.

It wasn't originally a remaster but more just an updated port for modern systems and resolutions, but at some point into the System Shock 1 remaster development they decided to go more whole-hog on the sequel after all.

But they gotta actually release the first one first, and we'll see about that :cheeky: Supposed to come this summer though.

VR SS2 would be legit. I would kill for a proper VR remake of the bioshocks.

Especially great is they confirmed the SS2 remake will still have co-op support and will support VR and flatscreen playing together. Not enough co-op VR games!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How is walking dead saints and sinners on oculus quest 2? Is it good?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The sound of a mutant sneaking up behind you while playing system shock 2 in VR would be terrifying.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The sound of a mutant sneaking up behind you while playing system shock 2 in VR would be terrifying.

Hearing any of the cyborg midwifes beeps and twitches will almost certainly make me punt my entire vr headset out the nearest window and I can't wait

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I hope they sort out the gameplay and inventory management in SS2 and how that will work in VR. I can imagine it being something similar to Walking Dead where you have a "backpack" or whatever and pull things out of it, in real time, and you remain in potential danger.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I really liked System Shock 2 but I don't think I ever made it more than 3 hours in because I got too stressed out by the sounds.

Playing it in VR sounds amazingly great, but I don't know if I can handle it. :eek:

Maybe coop will help with that.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Tip posted:

I really liked System Shock 2 but I don't think I ever made it more than 3 hours in because I got too stressed out by the sounds.

Playing it in VR sounds amazingly great, but I don't know if I can handle it. :eek:

Co-op makes the game much easier and less scary. It's still fun, but you lose the "horror" aspect, which you may see as a plus.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

How is walking dead saints and sinners on oculus quest 2? Is it good?

I played it on my Quest 1, I'm assuming there isn't much of a difference. I enjoyed it, searching dark rooms while hearing the undead walking around outside is intense. My most memorable moment was when I was heading down some stairs and the stairway lead towards the front door and 2 zombies barged through the door and charged me :tviv:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tip posted:

I'm excited to cry in a corner while a monkey screams at me.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I would kill for a proper VR remake of the bioshocks.

Not looking forward to harvesting the Little Sisters in VR :gonk:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I would kill to beta test this app. It’s the only thing missing from my Quest2 experience :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rohz7TPol74

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Buddy of mine who got an Oculus key for Bridge Crew in that fanatical bundle tried playing today and got a "this product has already been claimed by [RANDOM ACCOUNT NAME]." message when he launched it. Not sure what happened considering we played this together like yesterday but it seems like that key maybe got re-sold or something.

Edit: Support told him they've been seeing the issue pop up and the development team is "looking into it". I said just reach out to fanatical for a new key because who knows how long ubi's going to take.

This never got fixed and naturally ubisoft's support is nonexistent so they told him they'll update the forums if they find a solution lol. loving sucks, this was super fun for the one time we got to play it! I still told him to reach out to fanatical, although I'm not sure if he could redeem a second key for the same game through oculus so he might need the Steam version. Game seems buggy as poo poo and is all but abandoned at this point which is a bummer.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What's the go to solution for hooking my Vive DAS onto my Quest2? Frankenquest? Can I just print out something?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I just used sticky velcro

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Martytoof posted:

I would kill to beta test this app. It’s the only thing missing from my Quest2 experience :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rohz7TPol74

Restricting it to that virtual tablet view is a really weird decision to me. The whole majesty of Google Earth VR is that you're inside it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wheezle posted:

Restricting it to that virtual tablet view is a really weird decision to me. The whole majesty of Google Earth VR is that you're inside it.

Remember you're dealing with a Quest 2's onboard hardware. If it's doing hand-tracking and multiplayer, there's overhead costs to consider on top of realtime rendering the map itself.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Shame that Medal of honor game sucked. womp womp

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I've played a lot of the zen pinball games over the years, and their packages tend to be $3.33 per table. With eight tables (even if only two are new) that would put it in the $25 - $30 range. If it's as low as $19.99, that would be counting on dlc buys from people in the future. I'd say it's very unlikely it will be cheaper than that.