Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Is there a list anywhere of regular games with VR support/mods that have motion controller support? As I understand it, you can use vorpx to run a lot of games in stereo 3d but without motion controller support. Does that feel weird or is it better than on a flat screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I have a cable from my router going into a set of paired Ethernet over mains power adapters into my room. If I plugged another router on the end of that with Ethernet coming out for the PC, would the Airlink work well enough? If wired is going to be more stable I'd probably rather find a way to make that work, maybe by fixing a cable hook to the ceiling so it comes down from above.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I think my Quest 2 arrives today. Where should I start to test it out? I've got a 3m USB c cable for PCVR for now, might get a router to try out Airlink. Is it better to go all SteamVR or get some stuff on Oculus store. Any good free stuff to try out? I have Serious Sam fusion which I think means I can use serious Sam in VR.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Anything that's on the memory of the quest itself has to be through the oculus store right? Might get a few games on there to use it as a toy for travel.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
What's the easiest way to stream video from a phone to the quest? I've googled around but all the info is on going in the other direction.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
When I have the quest adjusted on my head for the most clarity, there's a gap in the nose bridge part down the bottom, is that normal, or are there other adjustments I'm missing? I take it the silicone cover thing is just for if your skin gets irritated by the foam?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
So I just a quest 2 and I'm trying to play serious Sam in VR to test the oculus link. I open steam VR, it opens in the headset and in select serious Sam, but it just starts playing on the desktop, not the headset. Any ideas what's going on? I tried opening SteamVR through the oculus store, but nothing happens, it's very confusing

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I got it to play but it's just in flat, I'm not sure how to actually select serious Sam vr when running it through ss fusion. Maybe it's not trying to run the VR version at all

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Can the native quest run above 72hz or is that just when you use it as a PCVR set?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I used to use a wifi adapter dongle from my wired PC as a hotspot because I was so far away from the router, would this work for Airlink or do I need something more substantial? Other options are a set of wifi repeater pods, or I guess another router.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I tried Until You Fall, bit at the end of the second room there's an enemy that won't attack and doesn't seem to die when I get it down to zero health. Is this a bug or am I missing something silly?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
When I was looking into VR at first I thought fps games would be the best on it, but having played around a bit I find I enjoy other types of game more, mainly because of the movement. Moving around with a control stick just feels weird and I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it. Games that are stationary just feel better to me. That said I haven't tried Alyx yet, that's next on my list. Still seems like the next big issue for VR to solve to feel truly great. I mainly bought it for hitman VR, so hopefully I get used to the movement by then.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
What are some good party games on quest? Something you could make a drinking game out of while having it cast to the TV. Already have beat saber, superhot and walkabout mini golf.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Is Sidequest good for much other than the fps game ports? Can you use it to play modded beat saber or anything like that?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
So just to make sure before I buy stuff: my PC wired into the router, plus a 5ghz WAP wired into the same router, should be the optimal setup for Airlink or virtual desktop?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
If I'm playing PCVR stuff over Airlink, where would I find refresh rate settings? Is it per game or in the oculus or SteamVR menus?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Anyone who's played hitman VR, what settings do I have to change to make it less blurry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Getting a weird thing in hitman VR where there will be sound in the media, but when I enter a mission it will stop. When I hit the oculus button to go back out to the Airlink hub, the sound comes back, but when I go back into the game, it cuts out again. Any ideas?