Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't unlocked it yet but did buy it. The cart is goofy but the final price should be discounted after entering the coupon (it would show up full price in the cart but total would be correct). The DLC, when I added it, needed to have "oculus" selected and then another drop down appeared with two identical options of "extensions". Pick one of those(I picked the first) and then add to cart.

I did all of this on my phone. It was weirdly buggy using chrome but Firefox worked fine.

Final bill for me was $36 for bridge crew, tng dlc, and Anno 1800(which was $26 after coupon).

Edit: entered the codes in phone oculus app. After I added both codes (which went into the rift library) the quest main page showed Bridge Crew as free, which I bought and added to my library.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I got a cable, linked my PC to my Quest, and got to play around with the Rift home... thing, so I guess it works. Is there a simple instruction set for playing SteamVR games on it?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

hhhat posted:

so a Rift S because it seems to fit with my computer buying philosophy

which is i get pretty good stuff a while after its come out and some other redic thing is now the most bestest and expensive

I dont have a big place at all and don't really want to swing my arms around my living room I dont think

I understand beat saber is like, everyones favorite thing ever, or maybe that was 3 years ago, if I get the Rift S, can I still swing my arms around if I decide I want to?

My sweet spot is high performance at cheap cost, which I know sounds silly, but like I got a GTX 660 when it was midrange good for maybe 200

IMO the biggest deciding element should be the amount of space and layout of that space that you have around the machine powering the VR device, followed by the types of games you are most interested in. I have a PC that can handle VR but it is in a corner, behind a fluffy recliner, and with other stuff "around" me (shelves, side table, etc). When I want to play VR games with any sort of "space needs" I typically have to get out of the recliner and sit facing the recliner on a big opposing ottoman. I can stand for some games but Gorn really pushes the limits. I feel that a lot of games have moved away from X360 controllers so while Elite is just fine a lot of other things aren't (or are locked to PSVR; I played Astrobot just fine in the recliner).

Because I wanted to swing around a bit more, and because even most "stationary" games still have you move your body around a little (Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, Robo Recall, Fisherman's Tail to name a few) I went with the Quest and 95% of my VR time is in the kitchen which is the only room not crammed full of furniture/shelves/cat toys. My brother, however, had an empty room that he was able to convert into a VR room with cable management.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Do any of the reviews mention compatibility with the Deluxe Audio Strap?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Thoom posted:

Mine was shipped to the US via DHL for $7, but that was last March right before the whole world started locking down, so I guess their options have changed.

I just got mine and it was about $150 shipped with Fedex as the only option. Base cost + $20 for one eyeball + ~$25 shipping + I got the fancy coating because I was already paying a bunch and I've had problems with glasses and chromatic aberration that can only be fixed with the power of $$$ so I figured why not.

They are very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The metaverse is dumb as hell and will be remembered like second life, VRML and telepresence robots

Second Life appears to still be making money for perverts if HBO isn't lying to me.