Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, my face sweats so much in the Oculus.

Tested out Gun Raiders and I liked it.

I also tested out Synth Rider. Like Beat Saber, I think the game could be fun but I always hate the “buy DLC” set up. Maybe if they let you choose which DLC you start off with, I would be more willing to go with it.

I also did the demo of Journey of the Gods and it seems like it could be a fun adventure game.

I bought Google Tilt Brush and, as a teacher, I think art students would love to create such amazing 3D interactive pieces.

Does anyone in this thread let their kids, under 13, use the system? I know that there is the warning but I did not know if people let their 10+ age kids use it anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you haven’t signed up for your complementary quest facial interface replacement, I suggest doing so.

1) they’re overnighting them, which is bananas

2) they’re sending vrcover units with a frame and two separate vinyl padded covers

Pretty nice gesture all things considered.

Thank…..you……………zuckerberg?

How do you sign up for this? All I see is purchasing options.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

explosivo posted:

Instructions and a link to create a ticket for a replacement

I also found the replacement far too poofy for my likes and expedited the breaking of my elite strap but it is a nice gesture!

Thanks for the info. My set is not eligible.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Not to detract from ad talk (or maybe to detract from it), I found out today that I cannot wear my Oculus 2 while wearing glasses. Apparently my glasses are too wide and they cannot fit in the set with the foam pad on.

Any ideas on what can be done to correct this? Today, I just went and put in my contacts but I did not know if there was an accessory to fix this issue.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

https://www.vroptician.com

There's others (probably) or 3-d printed options where you buy the lens and slot it in, but these fit my CV1 perfectly and have been fantastic.

e: Fixed link

Bondematt posted:

Not sure if the wide facial interface actually makes it wide enough for glasses, but prescription lenses for the Quest are a thing, I went with VR Optician.

Holy poo poo, that is awesome!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I ended up ordering (edit: through Oculus’ free replacement set up) a new insert for my Quest 2 because it causes my wife’s forehead becomes bright red after wearing it. My daughters call it the “O” forehead.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 5, 2021

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Have you seen of you can apply for the free vrcover replacement?

Editing my previous comment because that is what I meant.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I know the Quest 2 uses a USB-C set up for charging, will any USB-C charging set up work? I have a USB-C charger for my chromebook and wanted to use it to charge the Quest 2 while on a trip.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

At least on the demo mode of SuperHot, you could throw yourself the weapons a week ago. I too thought I had broken something.

The only time I have hit the wall or ceiling was while playing Echo Arena. I have truly enjoyed that game more than I thought I would, especially since it is free (same goes for Gun Raiders).

I know someone earlier talked about Supernatural. I just signed up last week for the free month trial and hot drat, after almost a week of it, my body is sore. We have Beat Saber too and Supernatural is much more of a workout. I am definitely going to keep going with it after the trial (also, they send a free sports insert for the oculus Quest 2).

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Same as me and I would suggest it to everyone.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

My Quest 2 now asks me to set a boundary every time that I start using it. Earlier today, I used it and it asked me to create a boundary. 3 hours later, I go to use it again and it asks for the boundary again even though I was in the exact same spot.

Any idea on what I can do?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I can’t let anyone other than my girlfriend see me play Supernatural, like ever, because I’m sure I look like one of those wacky inflatable waving arm guys

My daughters, 9 and 11, have watched me do Supernatural and did not answer when I asked them how cool I looked.

Now, after a month of having it, I am really enjoying it. I have began moving into the Medium intensity sets and I now know that my right knee is my bad knee. Also, their cover for the mask is awesome and I am glad that they sent it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Kullik posted:

Oculus cancelled my order for the free replacement sweat cusion bit and made me enter a real phone number to get it resubmitted, bastards...

Me too. Me too.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

The only PCs in my home are work laptops. Everything else is a tablet or a Chromebook.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Twibbit posted:

Nowadays music creation and dispersion is much easier as such there are fewer and fewer bands that are simply known by everyone because we are all listening to our own tiny specialized music ecosystem. and it is great!

My daughters (11 & 9) love “nightcore music”. I have no idea and when I try to listen with them, I cannot figure it out. It sounds just like high pitched speedy songs.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I was just lying in bed trying to fall asleep when my Oculus headset began loudly beeping. I went into the other room and put it on but it was still beeping. It was plugged in but the only way to get it to stop was by turning off the headset fully.

It is plugged in any time that it is not in use. Also, I could have sworn that it was staying on after I got home because I kept thinking I could see the light through the lenses from far away. However, when I picked it up to look, the system kicks on anyways.

Any idea on what would cause the beeping or what can be done to keep it from happening.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Warbird posted:

Dropped you a PM. Got a few more lying around if anyone is interested.

I will take one!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I got your code for Horizon’s World but I cannot find a place to put the code. When I go into the store, it does not give me an option to use it. When I go to the website, it just sends me to a page about being added to the waitlist.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Finally got Walk About Mini Golf and it is awesome!

My only complaint is that sometimes it does not recognize my swing and so my putter goes through the ball only to recognize it as I go back to swing again and it knocks the ball backwards.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

stinky ox posted:

Walkabout Mini Golf even if it isn't in the sale.

Seconding this. Just got it last week but I love it. Finding the lost balls are almost as fun.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

pandy fackler posted:

What's the best zombie shooter out right now? My partner's son is getting an Oculus for his birthday so I'm looking looking a game to go with it. He's 12, violence is fine just no Saw-tier torture stuff or sex scenes.

Resident Evil 4 just came out and it is pretty darn good.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

stinky ox posted:

I'm going to point out Walkabout Mini Golf again because it's cheap as chips and quite lovely to play.

I am more irritated that I have not been able to find all of the golf balls on all of the main courses. Also, the hard courses wreck me.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

drat, I wish I would get a coupon. :(

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I do not feel like it. I bought walk-about mini golf back in September so maybe that is close enough.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Alctel posted:

If anyone wants to do the 30 bucks double dip referral thing with me with a quest 2, send me a PM (it's 60bucks total)

edit: done. Worked like a charm, got 35CAD instantly for being referred, and then get the other 35CAD in 30 days for referring someone. 70 CAD of free games! Really worth doing if you can find someone to do it with.

Does it work if you have already set someone else up with a referral but you have not done a referral for your own device? Also, how hard is it to get everything redownloaded (are there issues with the games not restoring where they were?)

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

New Walkabout Level!
its $2.99 and lots of fun.

https://youtu.be/ojXzzx34irM

I loved it. Really hard to find the lost golf balls though.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I wish there was a gift card system for oculus.

I could just tell people to get me a gift card for it.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Bought RE4 and man; it is so drat good. Those fuckers just appear behind you.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I know other people have mentioned their referral links but I always miss out. If anyone wants a referral link, feel free to pm me.

I would like the double referral credit and you can unfriend me afterwards unless you like boring news posts.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

drat

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I know what the return policy is for games, is it the same for movies? My daughter saw some frozen movie for VR. We got it and she watched it a couple of times but it was less than 10 mins long.

Am I able to return it?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Bodanarko posted:

New walkabout courses are great, between the easy and hard courses it’s a ridiculous amount of content for the cost.

I love this game and it is quickly becoming my favorite thing to just randomly play.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I got one referral that says that it has been accepted and it shows the status bar as half done.

Is there anything else I have to do? Or is it just a waiting game?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Are you looking at the mobile app? For me it showed the number of days to wait (30). And after 29, 28...

Yes in the mobile app but there is no countdown. It just shows his name and this:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

For me it appeared in the box where you see the blue line.

Yeah, it seemed off. I had a friend sign up a couple of months ago and I do not remember that line being there. It seems as if another step needs to be taken but I do not know what that would be.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Got some money for Christmas so I am thinking of getting some prescription lenses from vr-wave.

Is the prescription for contacts the same as for glasses? I have gotten contacts for the last several so I do not have a glasses prescription to go off of.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Golf+ is a robust as hell game. I love that you can listen to and watch youtube music videos while at the driving range.

Though I think the physics are a little arcadey, but maybe its the settings im using. It's multiplayer blows away Walkabouts.

I did the Beta for that and it was a lot of fun. However, they wanted me to do multiplayer games but it could never connect me into the multiplayer set up.

The two courses they had with the beta were amazing though so I may end up buying the full game.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Anyone ever have their Beat Saber reset all of their scores? Suddenly, all of our BS scores have disappeared and every song is a new high record.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Hmmmm, I got a referral set up with a goon on here. However, it just says that the referral was accepted but it never sent through the credit.

I messaged Oculus about it and they want the following “to further look into this”:

Your Oculus username, name and email
Your friend Oculus username and email
Your friend device serial number and retail receipt or invoice
A screenshot of the message you sent with the referral link

The last two seem to be pretty extreme to solve this problem and I have a feeling that it may came back to bite me (and the other goon) if I go send the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Stormangel posted:

If it's the referral I used I did some digging a few days after it didn't work and I saw that they closed the device wipe loophole right around the time we tried it.

Yep, that was us. Sorry that it did not work out.

I was afraid of responding to them and it getting you banned or something.