Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Hey OP thanks for mentioning the HP Reverb. I disagree with your comment about poor audio and uncomfortable strap, but that's ok. You're mostly right otherwise.
I almost exclusively play Elite: Dangerous and it's an incredible experience with the Reverb thanks to the crazy resolution. I played around with it for a few hours and went ahead and packed up my Rift CV1 because I'll never use it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

Uuuuugh.

I was indeed genuinely hoping that someone had put together a "if you have a beefy rig, just install this one mega-mod to make the game look nice" package after all these years.

Yeah the Mass Effect ALOT installer puts everything else to shame.

edit: to make this relevant, I recently installed the 1st person mod with Mass Effect 2 and used vorpX to try for a VR experience. Sadly the headlook doesn't work, maybe because of the controller mod, since it no longer uses the mouse. :(

Mike the TV fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 16, 2019

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Gort posted:

Playing Alyx on a linked Quest, when the game first loads it thinks I ought to be a few feet back and to the right of where I actually am, which is half in my bedroom wall and half in my laundry bin.

Any way to recenter the player position in that situation? It's fine once I'm playing but the main menu is a pain to use.

I'm lucky that it randomly decided to put me in a good spot in the room, but I can't find any way of changing it. WMR user here.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP_Combat_Racing/

GRIP got VR support. I haven't tried the VR mode yet but the game itself is actually very good.

Added to my list thanks!

In the same vein please check out Distance.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
Elite Dangerous is a weird blend of 2 and 3, which you can usually get for stupidly cheap