Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I fought with the dead forums to let you all know Beat Saber is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Beat Saber needs an inbetween for hard and expert. Something between "waiting a few seconds between beats" and "break your wrist so you can turn it to 3 different angles in half a second"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright I ended up saying gently caress it and put the expenses on a credit card (those are loans you can take your time paying, right?) and got a usb-c to usb-a and a copy of VR desktop

This poo poo is crazy I wasn't ready for this :catdrugs: Now I can finally stand while using my desktop lay down on my bed while using my desktop

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

Alright I ended up saying gently caress it and put the expenses on a credit card (those are loans you can take your time paying, right?) and got a usb-c to usb-a and a copy of VR desktop

This poo poo is crazy I wasn't ready for this :catdrugs: Now I can finally stand while using my desktop lay down on my bed while using my desktop

Aaaand seems like the virtual desktop servers are down :saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hadlock posted:

King Spray is getting a Quest release here on Thursday

Not sure why, but super stoked for this title. Probably because I grew up in repressive boring suburbia. It's a spraypaint graffiti simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ev4tqFUdrk

Can I put on my rollerblades and pretend I'm playing Jet Set Radio in VR?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Been playing Skyrim VR and man this stuff is crazy. VR is a loving trip guys. Had some vr sickness at the start but it seems changing the controls so that my character turns with my headset really helped.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I escaped Helgen and went to try out the swimming mechanics in the river. While heading into the river I hear wolves howling in the distance, and its dark as gently caress. As I step back onto the shore I hear them, extremely close and I start freaking the gently caress out and blasting fire into the bushes.

11/10 I don't know why people are so critical about skyrim vr, shits wack.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

I guess I'll give it another go. Is there a nice bundled package of model, shader and texture mods to make it prettier?

Frustratingly, there isn't. All my searches for looking up skyrim mods gives me links to blogs where they have like 40 different mods. I've been slowly picking and testing some different graphical mods, its tricky to see what will work in vr and what wont.

And of course, what will make my 1070 explode :shepface:

Right now I got SMIM, Vivid Weathers, Realistic Water Two and Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Trying to find something that makes the flora not hilariously 2d cutouts. I guess that how it was in OG Skyrim as well? It just was never really noticeable cause you aren't right up in there like in VR.

E: Also I can't use bows worth *poo poo*

Leal fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 16, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I tried using the 3d flora mod cause the 2d plants was reeeeally messing with my precious immersion, but it was stuttering my game really badly so I removed it. Then I had a bunch of purple plants and bushes. I tried everything, reinstalling the other flora mods I had to try and get their texture in, verifying game integrity, nothing worked. So now I gotta do a complete uninstall and reinstall. The real Skyrim starts here.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I could not confront my fears and ended up quitting out of Skyrim when the big spider showed up. I like to think I've gotten far better at handling my arachnophobia, but there is a large difference between not freaking the gently caress out when I see a spider on a wall the other side of the room and a spider bigger then a shack leaping at my face.

Playing with VRIK is a trip. Besides making my shadow do the YMCA cause I'm a mature adult, being able to use my bow, then put it over my shoulder and let out a few blasts of fire before reaching behind my side and pulling out my sword is amazing. This is it, this is the future of video games. Time to invest in an omnidirectional treadmill.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think its the bad animation that makes it worse for me. Probably why I wasn't hype on claymation either.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I would like to see the stories of people knocking each other the gently caress out by VR'ing in the same space :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Teledildonics is IN baby!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Breaking into houses and sneaking around in Skyrim VR is a trip. Its so intense cause for the most part the sneak indicator is out of view, unless you look up at it. Also no third person camera to cheese and peek around corners, you gotta physically lean over to peek. Also easier to notice stuff mixed in with clutter, or just slightly out of sight on the lower shelf in the back corner. And if people are also in the building? Its intense, having to physically turn around to see if that door sound you just heard was someone walking into the room you're in.

Thief VR when?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you use custom music in Beat Saber, do the beats actually reflect the beats in the song or does it use another song's beats for the cubes?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Thief simulator VR is out on November 12th!

Finally, I can get the joy of breaking into houses without getting in trouble!

Realtalk though, breaking into places and sneaking around in Skyrim VR was pretty intense.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Finally, I can use a powered pallet jack at home instead of work with the power of vr!

Next up, forklift VR

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Link when?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The intro cutscene in Skyrim VR was pretty great when I leaned over to Ralof and started running my hand through those beautiful locks on his head.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Same but for all games

So uh... any opinion on that custom maid 3d game on steam?

Asking for my friend who also got into VR recently.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chin Strap posted:

except for the part where I hit the wall multiple times with my knuckles.

So working flawlessly then :v:

I managed to swing downward and bash my controller into my nightstand. Surprised I didn't break the ring on the controller from it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

Next up, forklift VR

https://store.steampowered.com/app/939450/Forklift_Simulator_2019/

My dreams have come true!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

Then again, there's still the question how much of a game HL:A will be, anyway, in terms of hours of gameplay. Or gameplay itself for that matter.

10 minute firefights, 30 minutes wandering the scene trying to figure out what physics object you're supposed to interact with.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Is there a blacksmith VR game yet?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It really helped with my motion sickness when I changed settings to where I would look would turn my character, instead of being able to free look while using the joystick to move. Physically turning to change direction really eased up the feeling for me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
They also use outdated pricing when slamming it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

At the end you have the option to kiss Gordon on the lips OR play fetch with Dog but you can’t do both.

What if I want to kiss dog or play fetch with gordon?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What if you have to physically remove headcrabs off your head?

Haptic feedback helmets, get on it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
PS5 is just a VR headset that tethers to a graphics card. Please look forward to it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah the steam thread was where I was told I deserve to get my head cut off cause I'm apparently a 1%er for saving up 400 bucks to buy a video game console. Wish I could tap into my 1% income and get out of this ghetto and my crappy retail job. Why mods seem to be cool with that when "kill urself" posts often earn a probation, I dunno.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Shine posted:

I don't understand the perception of the exclusivity of VR gaming, when there are definitely people in any given Games thread who have G-sync monitors that are as or more expensive than the midrange VR headsets.

VR isn't all that expensive unless you make it so. Many goons have a VR-spec PC, and a Rift S costs about as much as a Switch. Just because you can drop two grand on an Index and 2080ti doesn't mean you have to.

Cause you need an i7 CPU and 2080 ti to maybe play beat saber, on top of having a 50x50 foot playroom you bourgeois gently caress
:goonsay:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Espire is great cause outside of my room you hear me say "Freeze!", then a loud banging as I manage to punch a half empty monster can (thankfully closed) off my nightstand, and shout "gently caress!". Which scared everyone else in the household.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
1v1 me in vr boxing bith

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I feel like VRchat is just chatroulette with dudes disconnecting on me the second they see I'm a dude.

And they use anime girl avatars.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I appreciate that the top thread or whatever they call those in twitter is someone with a privated account and another person who has been suspended.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

EbolaIvory posted:

https://twitter.com/qtpop/status/1206294213668876296?s=20

Boneworks is fun. So many situations that can be silly fun.

:vince:

Holy poo poo VR is the future

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Every time I see pokerstars I read it as pokestars and think Nintendo made a pokemon VR game and I would play the poo poo out of that or a yu gi oh vr game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:yeshaha:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've tried out VRChat for a bit. Its looking like PC is the best to go since a bunch of models are PC only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Good thing I can hook up my quest to the pc then :v: