Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

dogstile posted:

The worst things about HL2 were the physics puzzles. You can't change my mind

Making industry standard "immersive", meaning unskippable, cutscenes. Also having pretty bad for the time shooting that hasn't aged well. So the physics puzzles are the third worst aspect, out of the three parts.

Can you believe that I never understood why Half Life 2 was so well loved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Zaphod42 posted:

Honestly I really hate tactile buttons in general, like on the PS4 or PS3. I much prefer having an actual physical button I can feel.

Tactile buttons literally mean the kind you can feel, so your message is getting garbled. Do you mean, like, analog versus digital buttons? Capacitive, like the touchpad on the PS4? Haptic fakery like a phone?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Oh, I was thinking on the ds3/4, but you meant the horrible power/ eject buttons on the consoles themselves. Those suck.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

20 hours is significantly more than any Half Life game has ever been, unless you count all of the episodes of 2 as part of the main game, so

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Some general ballpark parts to look at; Your minimum graphical VR specs are an nVidia GTX1060 graphics card (though I'd recommend a 1080 if you have the budget for it). CPU-wise I recommend an AMD over Intel; The sockets are more standardized, and they're generally cheaper for relatively similar performance in your use-case. You'll also want a good 16GB of RAM to go with that.
2070 (base or S) will be a better buy than a 1080, unless you're buying used.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Ralith posted:

What's any of this hypothetically have to do with security, of all things? It's a single player game!

Read the past few pages before Boneworks came out. Or, better yet, don't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Leal posted:

Taking out the USB extender and now it works. This sucks though cause I was only able to find a 6 foot anker USB C to USB A cable. I can move my tower but even then 6 feet wont let me walk to the other side of my play area. And 6 feet wont allow for any slack on the floor, I'm 5'6". only 6 inches of that cable isn't going up my body. A single turn is gonna snap that cable.

get an extension cord from home depot, strap your tower to your back, done