Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Beastie posted:

I want more info on San Andreas god damnit

Seriously I want to see just how the gently caress the interface is gonna work out and what getting in and out vehicles will be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw7IufBodE

This is the only thing I ever think of when I hear about Bridge Crew

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

njsykora posted:

And here I always thought Carmack hated the duct tape mod.

lol :hmmyes:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I know quite a few recommendations have been made for Quest 2 headstraps here, but any other input on good ones for a lot of physical activity? Been using the included ones for Thrill of the Fight since getting it in December but I'm sweating my rear end off in this thing, so something made for that would be cool

For some reason I didn't anticipate using this thing as a workout device but I'm stoked for Thrill of the Fight 2, as I love throwing this into my weekly pattern of jogging and occasional hockey

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

I do the DAS frankenquest, with the ASMVR covers and it works pretty OK! The DAS is pretty bulky which means if youre putting in a bag to take to the gym its tough to fit into nice cases

Ahhhhhhh hadn't seen that one, thanks :respek:

I typically only take it on the road to the in-laws when I want to get in a session on the weekend (and maybe finish with some RE4 VR, of course :v:), so the bulkiness isn't a problem. It's difficult when I'm weaving my head around and there's just so much sweat and the headset shifts around just enough to be an annoyance, not to mention it being a pain in the rear end to clean

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Time Killers: VR Edition

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still plugging away with Elden Ring but was feeling some more RE4 VR and I still find the pump shotguns to be a bit finicky on the actual pumping motion. I feel like I've been running into a bunch of times where I load shells, hold the gun, pump (sometimes slowly), and it still doesn't work right leaving me clicking away and wide open to catch an axe to the face

I also hope for the next Thrill of the Fight they tighten up how clinching works because it seems a bit awkward, too

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nothing on GTA:SA is loving wack, what a waste of time

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BurgerTime in full VR where I am fully immersed in tossing salt at walking pickles and eggs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I would pay good money for Dr. Beef to port No One Lives Forever and Amnesia: The Dark Descent to my Quest, ngl

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

explosivo posted:

The HL2 VR Mod beta opens on Steam in ~2 hrs, looking forward to giving this a go :dance:

It looks so good, can't wait to see how weird the Ravenholm section is from inside a headset

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The HL2 VR mod is incredibly good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BrainDance posted:

Yeah it's amazing, though I havent had more than a bit to play it yet. The controls have taken some getting used to though, and I cant help but try to overinteract with some things where the actual game is like "you just press the button here, you don't gotta physically move your hands around."

Same, there were a few times where I'm fumbling around trying to interact with something and, duh, just need to highlight it and press a button

Having this in VR absolutely transforms the combat into something else. Having to duck and move around cover and peek out from corners is so satisfying

Very thankful to have hit the lottery with my genes and not having any sort of discomfort or motion sickness with anything VR :v:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Legally-distinct famous people!

Spirit Halloween costume-rear end names lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

PC. HL1 can run natively, though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

I guess there is no Android port of HL2 out there, otherwise DR Beef would have tried to bring it to Q2.

Would have been awesome, too! I don't really mind using my computer but taking out those extra steps of messing with Virtual Desktop and all that would be cool

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I fired up my Quest for the first time in a while and noticed that Cities VR was released recently. It has a 4-star rating on the store, and I've dumped 430 hours into the Steam version. Is it worth picking up at $30.00?

I'm wondering this as well

Also, will this make me feel like a god

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wheezle posted:

Still gets me that this looks WORSE than second life.

Betaverse

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

Pavlov is readying a meaty update, almost one year without any
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/555160/view/6896730942321270661

Notice their warning, it's beta and it seems is still not ready. Improvements to ui, sounds, models, engine upgraded to UE5.1, two new weapons, new versionf of maps, etc

Super excited for this but dropping the workshop for mod.io?? Not sure about that one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The only reason I got the 256gb model was because of that sweet deal at Costco a while back that had the carrying case and some other stuff with it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tapping my foot impatiently, glancing at my watch occasionally, all for news about San Andreas VR

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lister posted:

I've never heard of this type of locomotion before. Did Roberta Williams just invent a one-handed combination of WASD and mouse look for VR?

lol what the gently caress

Edit: it's like the David Cage approach to VR controls

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 17, 2023

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao the mouse cursor being dragged across the screen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Also zuck going off on that whole Metaverse tangent that everyone hated when all we wanted was for GTA:SA to release

Im gonna assume GTA:SA will never happen at this point

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hadlock posted:

We at least got highway instruction in Texas. The instruction was "as soon as you get on the onramp, loving floor it, if the speed limit of traffic is 70 I want you to be going 75. It's a lot easier to brake down to 70 than it is to accelerate up to 75 in a wheezy econobox"

Then I moved to California where the strategy is "accelerate to 45mph when you merge, then nearly cause an accident as motorists going 70 have to emergency brake down to 50 to avoid hitting you"

This is absolutely loving news to me because I've never encountered more people trying to merge into 70 mph traffic at 40 than in mother loving Texas, good god, also the amount of loving dipshits going slow as gently caress in the fast lane and matching the car next to them along I-45 and holding everyone up, it's making me angry just thinking about it. Ten years in Texas and ten years driving across the northeast and the slowest mother fuckers were in Texas, bar none

I learned to drive on the Jersey Turnpike though so I'm a bit skewed by certain areas feeling like merging onto a formula 1 track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

explosivo posted:

That GTA SA port coming any day now! :shepface:

:negative: