Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I'm gonna rush in with the first nuclear take of the thread.

B&S is a pretty good physics toy but a terrible game. Play Until You Fall instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Is there a way to use Touch controller as a normal Xbox controller? There are enough buttons on it and everything.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Here's my Steam sale VR adventures summary (too late to be useful to anyone but oh well):

Moss is loving precious and let's me pet a mousie.

Serious Sam Last Hope is a big pile of meh.

Serious Sam VR Trilogy is loving great in VR though.

PAYDAY 2 is also amazing in VR.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
-snip-

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 2, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

The Walrus posted:

How far into Last Hope are you? The first world is by far the worst one. Gets better on harder difficulty levels too once you actually need to use some weapon selection strategy and powerups

I got through the third level. It's not bad but it's just a shooting gallery. I had more fun with the original trilogy since you have to dodge enemies and you get to explore the levels and poo poo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Moss is amazing and everyone should play it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah that is easy except in the history of all games on any system no one has done it yet.

Why buy the dlc if you only play multiplayer with friends and one of them owns it. It’s better (monetarily) to take the call of duty route and fragment your player base on DLC and make them pay to play. It’s lovely, absolutely, but also it forces players into DLC purchases

There are a bunch of games that do that, not even just Paradox games. I think even Nintendo does that iirc? So it's not even a PC-specific thing to do that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Art style of Pistol Whip owns and it looks even better in motion than it does in screenshots.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Music in Pistol Whip fits extremely well with what you're actually doing in the game.
I wonder what that genre is called though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I started getting way WAY more red numbers in Pistol Whip once I turned on beat haptics and started tapping my foot to the beat throughout the whole song.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Also, how can anyone play this with the pants on. Or Beat Saber for that matter. I'm sweating like a pig.

rear end sweat is the least of my problems. I get it all up on my lenses somehow so I can't see poo poo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Am I the only one who likes the Pistol Whip tracks?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

zer0spunk posted:

Prey got a random update for vr multi-player in the Rouge lite dlc. Hoping to try that soon, anyone else give it a go yet?

the game files underwent miniscule changes so it's probably nothing interesting.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Do shots missed and hits taken really not matter when it comes to Pistol Whip's score or was that scoring article just not thorough enough?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Stormlands is good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Played more Stormlands. It keeps being good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Stormlands is great and I mostly only have nitpicks when it comes to criticizing it.
My biggest issue with it is that I wish enemies had projectile weapons instead of hitscan. Less loving non-stop tutorializing and attempting to drag you by the nose would be nice as well. Fortunately the game doesn't actually lock you into linear sections and you can do whatever you feel line but it does constantly bring up the quest log and have NPCs yell into your ear that you should go do the thing they want you to do.

Having so many different locomotion systems at your disposal at once is real loving nice though. Being able to switch between cloud surfing, running, jumping, climbing and gliding on a whim feels great.

EDIT: Oh and the performance could've been better. I got a GTX 2060 with a Ryzen 5 2600, which can run almost anything at max settings, but I can't seem to get stable 90 fps in Stormlands no matter what I do. It keeps jumping between 90 and 45 even on Medium settings, as far as I can tell. That's almost No Man's Sky level of performance.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 17, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Incidentally, is there a way to stop VR games from limiting the framerate to 45 as soon as you go slightly under 90 fps or is that something they just have to do?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

somethingawful bf posted:

The resetera thread is an absolute joy. The amount of salt is amazing.

Lmao, resetera.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
10 hours into Stormland. Game's still good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Teleport movement sucks dick.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

That Italian Guy posted:

How do you install something like Tea for God on an old Oculus Rift (non S)? Just launch the installer having enabled unknown sources in the Oculus menu?

Download the non-apk, exe, version.
Run the exe.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Turin Turambar posted:

Looks great, but they mention it's a short campaign (and don't clarify how short it is). The review could do a better job conveying information.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Was there supposed to be literally zero fanfare when completing the Tempest sector in Stormland?
Like, I destroyed the big thing, "escaped" back to the base and...nothing. Zero acknowledgement that anything happened.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
How does Asgar's Wrath's combat compare to Until You Fall?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Did they add in dudes screaming when they get shot in Pistol Whip or am I hallucinating...?
I could've sworn the dudes were screaming when I played the game just now, and they weren't before.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Apparently unlike this bought article, the game itself is getting mediocre steam reviews.

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah, don't gently caress around with VR psychosis!

:whitewater:

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 23, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Does H3VR have a VSS Vintorez or it's variants? I'm guessing no, but if it does then I'd have to buy the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It does actually! Not the Vintorez specifically, but there's a similar suppressed assault rifle that I believe is from the same manufacturer.

I'm guessing it's an AS Val then, the modernized version.
I'll have to get the game then.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Stormland is one of my favorite games but holy poo poo, I wish it would stop opening the quest log. Forever.
I can't remember a single time I actually wanted to see the quest log but I can remember a lot of times when they opened it up in the middle of loving combat, completely obscuring my vision.

lunar detritus posted:

On the other hand I think the campaign sucks because why does it have levels that actively require you to play bad?

:emptyquote:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Tom Guycot posted:

Moss, Chronos, Lucky's Tale (I think you can still grab it for free?), Edge of Nowhere, are all really fun traditional 3rd person action/adventure games.

Moss relies on VR controls though.

I mean, how else are you gonna high five the little mouse for a friendship powerup?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Distance is amazing in VR. Especially when your car gets sliced in half.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I turned off ASW and it improved my Stormland experience dramatically, because now the game stays at around 80-90 fps instead of constantly jumping between 45 and 90.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Stormland is easily the best VR shooter on the market. I hope they make more content for it, I'd buy the dlc for sure if they make any.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Man, I got to roughly Top 5000 on Beat Saber leaderboards and now I can't get any higher.
Not because it's too difficult but because all the songs in my difficulty range is anime trash that makes my ears bleed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Is there a VR game that does fast mecha combat kind of like Zone of the Enders or something like that?
Cause I played ZoE 2 in VR and it was pretty amazing other than it being a port instead of a proper VR game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Hellsau posted:

Someone get the Zero Escape series writer an Index ASAP.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

As someone who spent like 4 hours trying various combinations of disconnecting from the internet, booting in safe mode, and turning off every windows security feature just to get the oculus app to stick a landing on my computer, loving lol at the idea that they have a reason for how lovely their software is. I still have no idea what combo finally did it tbh.

The install path is barely even the cherry on top.

Shut the gently caress up, Gamer. You're making that one guy's friend feel bad.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I'd love portal vr.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

TACD posted:

Portal VR would be incredible but it would be massively nausea-inducing.

Sounds like a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Oh poo poo!