Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

HL:A is giving me the push to get the Index controllers. Ever since the Touch controllers came out I realized how dogshit the Vive Wands were. I plan on getting the headset eventually going to have to wait for finances to improve.

I'm really drat excited for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone have experience with getting prescription lens inserts for a headset? I want to be able to play without wearing my glasses because they are a huge pain. I'm also worried about scratching up my headset due to the glasses. I plan on getting an Index soon. How big a risk is glasses scratching it?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Jusupov posted:

I wear my glasses in the index and have never hit the lenses with them

pretty much this size glasses

Okay that's about the same size as my glasses so I feel a bit better.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I bought Bridge Crew at launch and then got to play it. Real bummer that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I had my headstrap set wrong on the Vive for 3 years. :negative:

It seems a lot better once I fixed it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can't wait for Facebook to ruin another thing just like they ruined Democracy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Floating hands are better than IK.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone playing Boneworks with a wand able to tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Up on the touchpad is supposed to be jump but when I hit the dude lifts all of 1 inch off the ground. Crouch jump on bottom gets me like 2 feet off the ground though. Am I just doing something wrong with the jump?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Beat the first level of Boneworks and took a break after exploring the stat of the next level. This game does a really great job of making you feel like you are there. I had to remind myself at times it wasn't real.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does Beat Saber usually go on sale for the big Steam sales? I want to get it but am hoping to get a discount if I just wait a week.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi thanks guys I went ahead and bought it. Wish the song downloader had a better filter so I could just see songs with normal / hard modes. There is sort by difficulty that just puts everything with expert+ at top and then I need to guess what has normal mode?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Index aren't shipping til February now.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was playing with wands and it was pretty okay.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I really hope HL Alyx being free / the preorder bonuses continue if the Index is still out of stock by March because I'm going to be really mad if I miss those because I wasn't allowed to buy one due to them being in such high demand.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just put in an order for knuckles to replace my Vive wands and I'm real excited to get them. Does Valve still give refunds for HL Alyx if you buy it and then later buy Index hardware? I bought it at release but decided to hold off on playing it until I had the knuckles.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How can you forget Police Quest.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I really wish No Mans Sky pc let you play with a controller. I never really got the hang of flying the ship with motion controls.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My knuckles are getting here tomorrow to replace my Vive wands (well maybe since FedEx is gonna strike tomorrow so welp) and are there any games that really show off the finger tracking stuff? I have Alyx and Hand Lab installed already.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

American Truck Sim is both good and bad in vr. It's cool as hell but I was also getting an issue where my hood and mirrors were kinda vibrating a lot while the rest of the world and inside the actual truck weren't. So it didnt seem like just a performance issue. The steam forums have a lot of complaints about the vr mode.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Awesome because I had bought HL Alyx in March and then bought Index controllers on Monday I figured I would email Valve support and see if they would refund Alyx. They got back to me today and are giving me the money back to my credit card. Took a couple days to respond but no questions asked just gave me the cost back.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Got my Index controllers to replace my Vive controllers and been unable to use them because I've been sick since. Just a massive headache slash migraine keeping me down. Most I could manage was a few minutes at a time. It was pretty weird when I tried h3 and kept ejecting rounds when I was trying to load the first round into the chamber because my brain needed to get use to the idea of just open your hand. I noticed my accuracy with guns is a lot better now especially with two handed rifles probably due to a more natural way of holding them. Using two handed guns with the vive wands they use to sway around a lot but with the Index controllers they are very steady.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I decided to get a Quest 2 and I had made an old Facebook account a decade ago under a fake name because of some software that required a Facebook login and I had zero desire for a Facebook and oops now I need a Facebook account. What's the best way to do this and not get banned? Should I just use a new email or is having a government id enough to get past any problems or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

zoux posted:

War Thunder is MMO though right? Wingman I have and have "beaten" but I wanted something a little more flight simulatory where I can't do zero turn stall maneuvers and shoot 100 missiles. IL 2 looks like exactly what I want but it's insanely complex and for some reason the game has no tutorial. I'm fine with complex, I just need to be taught about it.

Flight sim tutorials tend to be watch a Youtube video by some guy with a vaguely European accent and hope they aren't a Nazi so you can learn how the air to ground radar works.