Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
Ultimate question here is, to get this or a Reverb, since near I can tell these are your best options if you want inside-out tracking at the moment.
Reverb costs double, resolution is better (and doesn't need link), but it sounds like the tracking when your controllers are directly in front of the headset is still breaking, which the Quest doesn't have a problem with.
Tough call for me, but at this price, it's sounding like Quest 2 might still be the best option at the moment, assuming you have fairly typical IPD?

bullet3 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
I think for me the decider would be how big of a factor the link cable compression is. Does it feel like a reliable way to use VR if you're primarily going to run everything off of steamVR, or is it still kind of a hack with visible artifacting?