Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

Would have been great if they did all this before adding in EAC, but instead they have shown they are indifferent to community feedback. Only now, when facing massive opposition, overwhelmingly negative reviews, and a good chunk of their community moving (or attempting to move) to other platforms, do they consider implementing the things we've been asking years for. Even if these are nice changes, the damage has already been done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

"Wait come back! We have this stuff now! We’re sorry!"

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Mischievous Mink posted:

My main experience with public VRChat worlds has been getting immediately called transphobic slurs when I open my mouth, so I don't really do public VRChat.

Public worlds act as a filter for the bad apples and provide a barrier to the much more enjoyable communities. Between unsupervised kids using Quests, overused meme avatars, crashers, every flavor of troll, and racist/sexist comments galore, they are absolutely terrible places. The idea is, as a new user, you eventually find other chill people worth hanging out with. That new chill friend then brings you into friends+ instances where you start making friends with other chill people. Eventually, you make enough friends that public instances become obsolete, as your social circle continues to propagate among other chill users and communities. Meanwhile, the worst of the community gets left behind to rot among their peers.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

10 minutes in VR chat would tell anyone that people want VR to be 1) anime girls 2) furries 3) the heavy from TF2 eating a bag of chips

Don't forget that weird green brush thing :sun: