Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Inacio posted:

oof, /r/oculus has tons of posts about their FB accounts being disabled.

Is there something about linking your FB account to your Quest that makes it more likely for your account to get flagged or is it just people getting caught in the election bot dragnet? Like I wonder if they do some kind of check when you link the account that is exacerbating this. Mine is arriving tomorrow and now I'm worried even though I've had my account for years and there's nothing suspicious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

drat people weren't kidding when they said Superhot was the best VR experience. Also having a gun pointed at you in VR is legit terrifying.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

Did some tweaking to my network setup, and was able to get Squadrons perfectly playable via Virtual Desktop on the Quest 2. Played a handful of missions, and while I ran into a few minor stutters the overall clarity edged out the Rift S for me. Still not ready to entirely ditch the Rift S yet, but seriously impressed by the Q2.

Are you using the quest 2 controllers or a gamepad for Squadrons?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Leathal posted:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p6NICofm-cg

Deus Ex VR update

Tbh I’ve been somewhat keeping an eye on this guy’s weird UE5 wrapper for at least a year or two and figured it would never come out - but the crazy poo poo he’s pulled off at the end of the video with making guns tactile objects has me kinda hyped again.

Best VR experiences are all mods anyway, hell even the free Half Life 2 VR mod is a better VR game than Alyx, so who cares about Meta or PSVR 2 or whatever. Meta is going to die and PSVR2 is going to mostly get a bunch of lovely indie games for a year or two and then fade into obscurity like the original.