Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I read the OP and I still don't understand the difference between the Rift S and the Oculus Quest, and which one I would want. I read a PC gamer article and it said that the Quest doesn't work with steam only a weird android store? https://www.pcmag.com/comparisons/oculus-quest-vs-oculus-rift-s-which-vr-headset-should-you-buy I'm new to this but I don't know which one I want to buy. I'm using a GTX 2060 card with a 9th Gen i7-9750H. I only have 3 USB ports on my machine, and they're very far spread out. It's a gaming laptop, but I overclocked the GPU to perform with the same stats as a desktop GTX 2060

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The Oculus Quest doesn't come with a cable though right?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
A cable, a counterweight, a new face pad, and a new headband, I'm already spending 400 I don't want to spend another 100 on accessories. Also the screen door affect would really bother me I think. Though I'll listen to arguments that it's not that bad or whatever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't know if this is kosher conversation, but between the Rift S and the Quest, which one has more opportunities for :filez: like can you load cracked apps onto the quest or is there store pretty much locked down?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's a gift someone else is buying me.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I wish Sekiro but VR was a thing.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HycoCam posted:

I think I know the answer to this question--I just don't like it...

If I buy Audica through the Oculus store--I can play on both the Quest and Rift. But all future content must also be bought through the Oculus store too, correct?

I guess what I am asking,: Can I buy Audica on Oculus's store and then buy all the songs/DLC via steam and have it work?

No.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm getting my Rift S today, I'm totally stoked, it's a gift and I never thought I'd ever be in the financial situation to play VR. Idk what I'm going to play first.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can people recommend face covers for the rift s, after about 2 hours of play, I'm starting to notice the foam / plastic bits irritating my skin, and my eye lenses are fogging up a bit

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I hate the first puzzle in Boneworks where you pull yourself along in a wall, and then you have to make a bunch of jumps, and if you gently caress up the jumps you have to pull the wall back over, climb all the way back into it, and try again. After failing the jumps 2x I decided boneworks was not for me.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 2, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there a way to make it so Steam VR's weird mountain range doesn't load? It's very jank and I prefer my white box / oculus home vr space

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Penpal posted:

I'm there with you tbh. We just need more drat GAMES.

There is one poster here who likes Stormlands a bunch. I've been waffling on it forever because I'm not sure how it would translate to the vive wands. Anyone have any experience? The only Oculus game I've played with ReVive was Vader Immortal EP. 1

Here's a review by PC Gamer that I think says a lot about whether you'd like it or not.

https://www.pcgamer.com/stormland-review/

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If you have the Oculus Rift S, you can turn on pass-through, then you just double tap the oculus button take your bong hit / drink / snack, and then turn pass through back off. If you have VR Toolkit you can even set up a little youtube / netflix / podcast or whatever on your screen.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
click warp is the worst, and It's really annoying Doom VR forces you to click warp to get over obstacles and stuff.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm stuck in the Walking Dead thing, I hope I'm not loving anything up by going back home all the time, but in Walking Dead you eventually get a picture, and you find out exactly where that picture was drawn, but it's crawling with goons who shoot you in the face for even thinking of walking over to that area, and I'm a little at a lost what they're expecting me to do.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is the $1000 headset needed for Alyx or will you be able to play it in the pleb devices (Rift S)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I was all excited for Elite Dangerous.

Then they made me grab my keyboard or my controller to actually play.

Turbo Lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
killed her husband, whacked him