Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
I have a few games on steam I'd like to try in VR (Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Skyrim). If I get an Oculus Quest do I have to rebuy them? Can I use the PC Link and how well does that work on an older computer?

Also, I currently have a PlayStation VR. Is the Quest a significant upgrade from that?

Smoking_Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

I was the same way with my PS4VR.

The quest changed that. Now the VR gets used every day. By me, and the kids.

You literally just put it on and start playing anywhere.

How does the Quest compare with your PS4VR? Do you feel like it is worth getting if you already have a PS4VR?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

SCheeseman posted:

Microsoft completely hosed up their entry into VR. Their platform on PC is dead, the headsets they helped fund are mostly a failure and the XBOX division is pretty poo poo scared of angering the "core gamer" demographic after the Xbone/Kinect debacle. They have nothing to offer and nothing to gain in trying to compete with Sony and Oculus at this stage.

This is pretty amazing considering their AR Hololens and Hololens 2 are really great but are geared to designers, engineers and architects.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
How well does Skyrim VR work nowadays? Are there essential mods everyone should get? I’m planning on getting it for Steam and using the Quest Link. I assume the Quest joysticks work and you don’t have to teleport to move, correct?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
My main problem with NMS in VR was the flight controls. I never could get used to using the Oculus' Touch controllers to grab the VR flight controls. Is there a better way to do it?