Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

canyoneer posted:

SUPERHOT VR - SteamVR | Rift
A unique first person action game where you punch, shoot, slash and throw objects at Red Glass Men in open white room environments. The catch is that time only moves when you move. It's part puzzle game figuring out through trial and error what it takes to survive each round.
Really great intro to VR and an experience that plays best in VR.

You forgot to mention the best part. Every time you beat a level the game goes SUPER. HOT. SUPER. HOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leal posted:

Beat Saber needs an inbetween for hard and expert. Something between "waiting a few seconds between beats" and "break your wrist so you can turn it to 3 different angles in half a second"

Same except Expert to Expert+. I can do Expert with the faster song modifier but get absolutely destroyed with any song I try on Expert+. Once you start crossing blocks constantly my slicing goes to hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

eonwe posted:

gently caress yesssss I beat a song on expert+

which one? is there an "easy" e+ song? Every now and then I go back to give one a shot and I just get immediately destroyed. You're crossing a lot more frequently and I swear the block lanes are farther / more spaced out so I start missing a ton.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Butt Discussin posted:

Anyone have any suggestions/links for good cables to use with Link?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1196476701967970304

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Played a little bit of The Climb and Robo Recall right now using Oculus Link (Beta) with the anker cable I linked a couple of days ago.

Holy poo poo you guys this is real and it's loving good. It crashed loading Beat Saber (via SteamVR) but it had no issues running anything on my Oculus Library. This is loving awesome. Going to try some Elite later tonight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of the Quest the little plastic edge cover around the left lens appears to have snapped and fell at some point because I just found the piece on my desk. From a quick google search this appears to be both common and... not a real issue? Should I be looking to replace this somehow?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn’t the writer dumped what HL3’s story would have been life after being told it wasn’t happening? I know it covered portals and the missing ship (borealis?)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At the end you have the option to kiss Gordon on the lips OR play fetch with Dog but you can’t do both.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

That looks so loving good to me.

If the environments are as busy as shown with you having to scramble to find poo poo on shelves or cabinets to make it through the levels it could be real fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gort posted:

What's the right cable to buy for Quest link, then?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Welp VR was nice while it lasted.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tip posted:

Also worth noting that the Oculus approved cable for Quest Link is $80, so Quest for PC is effectively $480 and the Rift S is gonna be on sale for $350 on Black Friday.

Or you can buy the $12 anker cable which works just as well!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BabyRyoga posted:

What are the must play VR games? Besides Beat Saber

Super.

HOT.

Super.

HOT

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh cool! Good to know. I know there was some controversy over the capability being patched out but guess they got it back in.

I gave the custom songs a look and wow that’s a lot of anime. Some of the Videos I saw seem to suffer from the same issue custom rock band stuff did where yes it’s a cool song but the person mapping it is not a game designer

The previous way of getting custom songs was preemptively shut down when FB made changes to the TOS that could be seen as a warning to custom content (via developer mode). A few days later the current way (BMBF) took on the torch and it’s been working since.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just buy Beat Saber it is absolutely 1000% worth every cent.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Randomly skipped ahead on this video and landed right in the middle of a pot of greed sequence and :discourse:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No crossbuy is the dumbest loving poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hey someone a while back posted some cool looking hand wraps for the Oculus controllers to replace the strap so you could let go of the controller and still have them on your hand. Does anyone know what they were called?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That Italian Guy posted:

I mean, I don't think I'm going to spend 500$ on a device I may use with a few selected games. Unless hotas are now way cheaper than they used to be (like kB+mouse 30$ cheap) this is probably not going to be a solution :v:

They are. I bought a Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS 4 for like $45. The one also goes on sale for similar prices. I use it exclusively for Elite and it does the job perfectly. The initial setup was a pain but I think they now have proper native bindings for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s Zuck!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Someone posted a big pack of beat saber custom songs on the beat saber sub-reddit but I'm not seeing a clear/simple way to add them via sidequest/bmbf. BMBF lets you remote in via browser but the upload function doesn't seem to work. Sideloading the custom songs folder directly via sidequest throws a wrench on bmbf and it doesn't sync the songs correctly (after searching them via bmbf's reload songs tools).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lemming posted:

https://i.imgur.com/EwjPygk.mp4

Messing around with an idea I had for a type of locomotion, essentially you have no legs, your arms are very strong, and you move by walking/jumping with your arms. I've been calling it gorilla locomotion after a suggestion from a friend. Right now you don't even press the grab button, it's sort of physics-y where your hand stick to surfaces and you move 1:1, but then once you move faster than some velocity threshold over a short-ish period of time (so you need to try to throw, not just bounce your hand on the ground), you keep going in that direction.

oh god it's Getting Over It in VR

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time to get SteamVR and the Quest to play nicely. I've had constant issues with is. Sometimes the steamVR lags like crazy, most of the time anything I play will freeze a couple of minutes in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Room has been a fun little series. I'm hyped for their VR take on puzzles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nukelear v.2 posted:

Has anyone run into an issue with Quest Link in SteamVR/Alyx where the display stops updating?

Sound is still working, I can see head movement and controllers are working fine on the computer monitor but the Quest display only renders the fixed field of vision at the time it froze. Happens within 1-30 minute of playing Alyx. Haven't had issues in Asgard's or Saints & Sinners with Link, but this is my first game in SteamVR since I switched to Quest. Only way to fix it is to restart SteamVR and the headset. Haven't seen anyone post about this issue in the Steam site, wondering if it's just me or something with the Quest.

I had this happen and the only thing I found online about it said that it was a USB issue. I switched the Link to one of the USB controller ports on the back of my PC and the issue seemingly went away. That said, I haven't played long enough to really notice and any other googling doesn't really lead to any other solutions

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just gave Tetris Effect another go after a long break. Last time I tried it was right when Link first came out for the Quest and it was... not great. Had a lot of controller issues, stuttering and poo poo just not working with the game (on the epic store) trying to run through either Oculus or SteamVR. Anyways, I tried again tonight and whatever issues I had are gone. Game runs beautifully with no lag and no controller issues at all. It really is such a chill experience in VR you get completely lost on blocks and backgrounds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm playing through boneworks and if I play for longer than an hour it absolutely fucks me up and I need to take a nap or lie down for a bit to "reset" my senses. I can't tell if it's the dafault movement or turning but something is messing me up bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So am I being particularly dumb or is there no way to reset position in SteamVR (using a Quest+Link). The steam VR "center" never actually lines up or orients itself with my Oculus boundary or which direction I'm facing whenever I start SteamVR. This is really annoying with some games because menus are sometimes fixed so I have to turn around or move to choose poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keeping Beat Saber modded on the Quest through every update is a big pain in the rear end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo! Gotta figure out how controller support works with the quest but I'm probably double dipping for this. Is there any gameplay anywhere? I'm curious how much of a hit the graphics/effects took.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 14, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tip posted:

Today all you guys talking about it made me think "gently caress it, maybe it's worth dealing with the EGS" and now the entire store is giving me a "403 FORBIDDEN" error.

EGS just unleashed free Grand Theft Auto 5 today so their servers promptly melted down

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Merijn posted:

The Tetris Effect so far is really, really cool after playing just one level, the music is great, the visuals are fantastic..but I still can't shake the feeling that I paid 30 euros for a Tetris game.

Sounds like a steal at that price.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Premieres in 2 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0eRkhR1z6A

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VR for the entire campaign / game and full crossplay confirmed

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1272544930766876673?s=12

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If it has proper HOTAS support I’ll definitely be upgrading from the cheap one I have now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Combat Pretzel posted:

I need a HOTAS for MSFS2020 anyway. I guess there's another reason now.

Also, is it Oculus exclusive, or some multi-platform VR dealio? Or maybe even, gasp, OpenXR?

It’s EA so I’m guessing it’s Origin only. Oh wait just checked and Battlefront 2 is currently on Steam so they’ll probably just do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

Nah EA brought everything over to Steam, it has a steam page up now

:nice:

Here’s the link, $40

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The real answer is to buy both.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I was given a $10 credit in the oculus store so I said gently caress it and bought Virtual Desktop to see how sideloading it and streaming games would go as an alternative to Link.

Holy poo poo this rules. If you have the wifi/network to support this, don't even think about it. Just get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gravity flick everything.