Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Zenith is now available. Very curious what people think!

Played 2 hours today - my first time (I didn't play aplha or beta). I got an essence mage DPS to lv6.

It's a lot of fun, the people were all excited and kind. There were no little kids. Beta players were helping noobs. A great experience.

Flying is my favorite part. That, or exploring the world for tears (increased stamina) and treasure chests. You can climb anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
It ran very nicely on my untethered Quest 2. Going to try PCVR when servers are back up, as it is cross-buy.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

boz posted:

This was my experience, everything just feels good to do. Played a bit of sword tank and also mage tank. Mage tank is by far my favorite thing so far, instead of your gun being a blaster it's more a laser. You also get a teleport and grenades that lifesteal from enemies.

That's where I landed too, after trying each option. Mage tank is awesome.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I was struggling in Zenith with the waving to a quest giver thing too, but then I saw a streamer do it the right (albeit unintuitive) way.

Hold your hand out like you're going for a hand shake and move your hand side to side, like you were fanning something.

Philthy posted:

You can just aim at the quest buttons and press them with the trigger also.
Yes, but MY IMMERSION!

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 30, 2022

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Partying up with some goons would probably be fun. I haven't done group play at all yet. I'm getting better at the 'sensitive' gliding and it is really fun. The combination of sticky hands climbing and grabbing onto things (sort of like Gorilla Tag) combined with the fun of gliding and updrafts makes it pretty fun navigating around and also adds huge incentive for me to find those little hidden crystals to get more stamina.

I played for an hour today and all I did was fly around looking for Tears. It was awesome. Sensitive gliding takes some getting used to, but is very much worth learning.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Manager Hoyden posted:

I just want the Hero Quest board game on the Q2 with an AI dungeon master

Is that too much to ask

I would love that, too. Best game! I still play.

Also, I guess you could play Gloomhaven through Virtual Desktop or Airlink. Not VR, but tabletop-style gaming in your headset.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Shine posted:

Unreal Tournament is older today than Space Invaders was when UT came out.

Dude.... what? Wow.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I love smashing people through office windows.

Welp, now I've got to try this. Nothing beats some good old fashioned defenestration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I love my Elite strap with battery. I've read of them breaking often, but mine has worked very well.