Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

canyoneer posted:

SUPERHOT VR - SteamVR | Rift
A unique first person action game where you punch, shoot, slash and throw objects at Red Glass Men in open white room environments. The catch is that time only moves when you move. It's part puzzle game figuring out through trial and error what it takes to survive each round.
Really great intro to VR and an experience that plays best in VR.

COLLECT YOUR REWARD.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The Butcher posted:

I'd like to nominate this one as the best motion sickness induction simulator, and I'm basically immune to it usually.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1051570/Hockey_Player_VR/

plz add "gently caress you, shorsey!" dlc

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whyyyyyyyy are there no aftermarket Rift CV1 cables?

:cry:

Related to this, I'm thinking of selling my CV1 with four sensors setup. Cable is good, though it does have a minor nick in the casing i've electrical taped over. Wouldn't refuse a reasonable offer.

If anyone's interested you can toss me a pm.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

If you’re planning on selling the headset I probably wouldn’t split the cable from it

yeah, if i said it weird i apologize. I could maybe sell two cameras separately (since it comes headset+2 by default)

but i wouldn't want to sell the headset/cable separately unless i had two buyers lined up out of the gate

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Gooch181 posted:

Yeah I'll be binging that Walking Dead game in about 13 minutes, I have pretty high hopes for it. I'll leave my impressions in here later.

Re: Thrill of the Fight: i smoked myself so severely doing a few rounds the first time, and nearly injured one of the tendons in my elbow. It prompted me to practice boxing form, which prompted me to start exercising seriously for really the first time. VR is a gateway drug!

i go lift heavy things 4 days a week but day 5 is beat saber cardio

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

motherbox posted:

Slightly adjusted the placement on one of my lighthouses and removed my reflective water-bottle from the room; had a lot more luck with tracking this morning. Finished up Superhot...as a fan of the original, every little discovery in this one was a joy.

"I can cut bullets!"

"I can CATCH bullets!"

claim your reward

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Is an i9-9900k @ 5ghz and an nVidia RTX 2080 Ti Founder's Edition enough for 144hz on the index?

I'd think so, but that could also be futureproofing on their part.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Any idea why my rear index base station would refuse to go to sleep? Works perfectly otherwise.

Edit: v- but i don't wanna! Ugh.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 3, 2020

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Aaaaand one of my index base stations has started blinking a red light.

:mad:

I'll leave them unplugged for a few hours and see what happens.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Nocheez posted:

Did you update everything through SteamVR?

Yes, I've had this thing for a few months.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Well, that's cool to read. Because Superhot was one of the most fun games I played in normal reality, I was really excited to try it out in virtual reality last night until quickly feeling stuck :v:

CLAIM YOUR REWARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

love to precariously pinch the edges of my console to use buttons and dpad