Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Of course haha. Finally set up my PSVR again with the PS5. Did 2 songs in Beat Saber before it had me drifting into the wall.

Said gently caress it and picked up the Quest 2 since I've recently built a decent pc so I can do some other VR stuff, and now it's all down.

Good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005
After finally getting to set my Quest 2 up after the day of no Facebook, I'm really liking this.

I'm coming from PSVR, and by comparison I'm blown away. My biggest issue with PSVR was the constant tracking issues and drift, and this has been great so far.

Been playing a few games through Air Link, which surprisingly works well through my ISP's router.

Also doing the 1 month trial for Supernatural, and I'm really digging it. Much more of a workout than Beat Saber (Yeah I know Beat Saber isn't really designed for workouts like Supernatural is, but I was using it before for cardio)

Also really enjoying A Township Tale. The crafting and everything feels so good.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mang Tomas posted:

Took a long break from VR. (6 ish months)

Any full medieval rpg’s in development? I’m waiting for something like Blade and sorcerery but with dungeons, equipment and good combat.

Also any upcoming large games not resident evil 4 or lone echo 2?

Feels like the must play games are still lacking and all the companies in vr are all about pushing hardware. The small mobile like experiences aren’t what I wanted.

All the really innovative games I’ve been waiting for are done by small teams that’s moving a tad too slow.

This came out recently I believe. Been having a good time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbVUnSjcFs

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Picked this up today in the App Lab and it's a really good time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5LeAVzDlM

I think it comes out on the 21st in the official store.

Pretty much Drum Hero

boz
Oct 16, 2005
My prescription inserts from VR Wave just came in and they are great. Wearing glasses in the Quest 2 was killing me.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mang Tomas posted:

Is the sword and sorcery dungeons update pretty substantial? Is it more of a real game yet?

Enjoyed Gorn and wanted something like it.,

Even just having a goal of getting through the rooms/areas to the end point is enough to make it feel like a real game to me.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

EbolaIvory posted:

Yes*

*Assuming you get the bpm correct (if it dont) and understand its a workout game, not a music game, so its not mapping for you to "dance" or some poo poo.

Its my primary way to work out. Patiently waiting for the steamvr update from the quest port. Should be soon.

I'm thinking of just grabbing this and dropping Supernatural, but the boxing they just added is pretty nice. And as weird as it may be, I feel like the whole coach thing helps me stay motivated and going through an entire workout. But drat that monthly fee sucks.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nukelear v.2 posted:

I was just googling this exact topic last week, and it turned out for me just turning on Windows Mobile Hotspot on my PC is best and free. If you are using a wired connection and have a built-in or can buy a Wifi card, just turn that on. It saves a couple network hops and is a completely dedicated VR SID so it feels like possibly the fastest way to Airlink.

Gonna try this tonight

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fixins posted:

I bought a quest 2, any of you have a referral code you want me to use? Pm me

PM sent (Looks like you have to be friends on facebook to do it)

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Gerdalti posted:

Any opinions on https://www.vr-wave.store/ for Rx lens inserts? My wife and I both would want them, and then magnetic connection point seems like an easy way to swap.

I recently purchased these as my eyes are garbage, and they have been a real gamechanger. They are very comfortable for me and not having to wear my glasses in VR has been well worth the price.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I had done a referral with someone earlier and it finally cleared and said the 30 bucks was available, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Checked email and nothing there, also not seeing anything in the Oculus App or PC application.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Bodanarko posted:

Nothing if you go to check out with a game?

Nope, bought Powerbeats VR and nothing showed up, and my card was charged the full amount

Going to open a support ticket and see what's up

edit: while chatting with support I clicked the diamond at the top of the Occulus app in Android and there it was, how the hell

boz fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 21, 2021

boz
Oct 16, 2005

explosivo posted:

Got my lens inserts from VR-Wave in today, very pleased with the product. The little magnetic ring that you can snap them on and off with is great. I haven't gotten to really test it out yet but from a packaging and build quality standpoint I'm v happy with this for the price I paid.

I hope you enjoy them! Having mine definitely improved my experience in VR greatly

boz
Oct 16, 2005

explosivo posted:

Has anyone kept up with Legendary Tales since it hit EA? I remember hearing it described as a bit of a co-op blade and sorcery kind of thing and looked fun but also still super early and unpolished.

I played it a bunch when it first came out and had a blast, just looked on steam. They had a big update just come out on the 23rd that includes things like skill trees and open multiplayer servers

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Moogs posted:

Is there any hope for wireless Virtual Desktop with a floor between the separate AP and the Quest, or does it really have to be in the same room? I'd like to avoid running cables all around the house if at all possible.

I normally play games through Virtual Desktop a floor and a room away from my pc/router.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Lozareth posted:

I gave Zenith a try today too and it is stupid good fun. Just listening to all the live voice conversations and sounds people make while playing had me laughing constantly. I'm really liking making simple gestures to cast spells and doing all the climbing and gliding. Combat is a nice mix of not too grindy and not too easy. And right now people are friendly and helpful and grouping up to work together all over the place. I was sad when my wife came home from work and I had to *siiiiigh* spend time with her (she refuses to play anything in VR).

This was my experience, everything just feels good to do. Played a bit of sword tank and also mage tank. Mage tank is by far my favorite thing so far, instead of your gun being a blaster it's more a laser. You also get a teleport and grenades that lifesteal from enemies.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Shankel Magnus posted:

Did you get the fitness VR Cover or the standard one?

I just got the VR Cover in the mail yesterday and tried it out. So much better than the one that comes with the Quest 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Snackmar posted:

I've been having some issues with the Quest Pro, curious if others have as well:

1. Sometimes when I put it on and unsuspend it, the display powers on but shows nothing. If I press the home button, the menu opening sound plays but the display stays blank. I've tried long-pressing the home button to recentre the view, but again everything stays blank. I have to long-press the power button to turn the headset off, then turn it on again to get video back. I'd say this happens at least once per week.

I started using my Quest 2 again after not using it for about 5 or 6 months and it does this same thing.