Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

sigher posted:

Just got these in:

I like them better than the Mamut's I have for the sake that I can change the god drat batteries without having to remove them. Not sure if I have the top part on right, but it works well.

Is this turning your touch controllers into a poor man’s index controllers? Do share the experience and where you got them... please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

So based on a couple videos I found online, I modded my Rift S facemask to have soft leather instead of foam. The only folks I could find online that did the same thing used VRCover leather pads, but I used some cheaper (but seems to be nice quality) Vive pads off of Amazon.

I’m happy to share some screenshots and URLs if anyone wants to do the same thing.

It’s a nice improvement (no squishy/sweaty foam), comfortable, easy to clean, and most importantly it was super easy to do.

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Interested, no one offers any replacements yet and the foam keeps me from using it more than it should

I just made an Imgur galley with the step-by-step. See it here: https://imgur.com/gallery/SHko85Q

Go from this:

To this: