Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I seriously can't wait for this. I also liked the movie and TBH haven't read the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:fry:
This comes out tomorrow and Catherine on Monday!? :woop::derp::woop:

Wait whats this other show???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I will give this a shot but it is written by David Lindelof.

The leftovers was legit good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

beanieson posted:

Yeah, how much of The Leftovers did you watch before deciding you hated it? Cause the first season (which I still loved) is easily the worst.

Yeah once it gets rolling it is fantastic.

muscles like this! posted:

Helen Mirren Catherine the Great series.

Oh awesome thanks I'll check that out too!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

First two seasons. I punched out after the second, I just hated all the characters. Was there even a third season?

Yes the third and final season was amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Do you have to subscribe to HBO through prime or can I somehow login to my Xfinity account through prime video to activate it, it's not immediately obvious how to if so. Apple TV if that matters.

You have to subscribe to HBO through prime to use the prime app.

You can add your HBO details into the Apple TV though and it SHOULD let you watch it without using the HBOGO app (which is loving garbage). Someone in the Apple TV thread pointed this out and said that the picture quality is substantially better vs the GO app and about on par with the prime app.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Preston Waters posted:

Do I need to go back and re-watch the second season before starting the third? Because I don't remember all the minor details. There were those weird visions that Kevin kept having and Patty kept re-appearing but then gets killed again? Does any of this matter when going into the third season? Should I just rewatch the whole goddamn show?

I'll be honest and say if you bounced off the first two seasons I wouldn't bother. I can understand why people wouldn't like the show and I can say its not for everyone. I was pretty invested going into the third season.

A lot of things do come back around and start to make sense in the end though so it depends on how much you remember.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Preston Waters posted:

I liked the first two seasons. I just never watched the third.

If you did then its worth a rewatch of them all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK I think I've missed it but does the show cover the comic or is it a sequel?

I really don't want to spoiler anything but I'm just trying to figure out if its a completely new story or an adaption of the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ok thanks!

The kindle version of the comic was 5.99 so I am gonna read through it before I watch the show.