Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Mantis42 posted:

Cowboys v Aliens and Prometheus

Briefly thought this was one film, and was extremely intrigued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Maybe it's because I never really got into the comics or anything, but I'm rooting for the Veidt stuff to end up being completely detached from the actual plot, just a literal recreation of Audrey's arc from twin peaks' third season or something.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

7k members probably had no idea what Judd was one of them, or that he was working with Keene. They probably just think they're doing this to get back at the blacks and the cops they don't think are racist enough. Keene is using them as a tool to make himself a hero so can become president, Judd actually thought he was mitigating the 7k actions on the other hand. Probably still being used.

Is there any evidence outside of the fact that he was personable (plenty of racists are friendly, and you can think individuals are fine people and not the whole) to assume that Judd was good? He kept his grandfather's robes for a reason. I don't see any reason to believe that he wasn't consciously using the threat of white supremacy to justify enacting fascist policy.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 27, 2019

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

I just realized that the actor who played Captain Metropolis was the guy who played Jeff in the What We Do In The Shadows TV show, who is revealed to have been decapitated in every single one of his previous lives.

Shared WWDITS/Watchmen universe? :tinfoil:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The black sites are good because the people being taken to them are white supremacists, which means the cops running the black sites are the heroes, which means the show is pro-cop, and therefore pro-white supremacy.

Hasn't only like one person brought to them has clearly been established as a 7K member? They round up all the poor white people from the trailer park, but I don't think they show anyone actually being involved.

When you compare it to the fact that pretty much every cop has either been a white supremacist or a violent goon, I'm not sure its painting that flattering a portrait.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 26, 2019

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah if Lindelof was actively trolling his haters I’d have to give it up to him

Wouldn't be the first time, he's said that the opening scene of the leftovers' second season was designed in part to infuriate the guys who made grantland's TV podcast.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 26, 2019

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

InfiniteZero posted:

I don't really care about the backstory for Lube Man but I'll be disappointed if whoever is in the suit isn't Justin Theroux.

He would've never have fit under that grate.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

ThanosWasRight posted:

Can I offer you an egg in these trying times?

I would absolutely love to see an edit of the morgue scene where Angela opens the fourth cabinet to reveal Frank and a magnum condom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/KBJR6news/status/1278407533200388100

Oh, come on