Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Supreme Allah posted:

Nooo.. he hated anyone indulging in their impulses, he hated the idea of sex in general, but racist?

That's the only thing I can't recall about him being. He was Black/white but action wise, not skin-wise

Guess you missed the line from his diary where he mentions "race traitors" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

That’s not the original line. The 7th Kavalry have changed it from politicians.

Ah I stand corrected. Interesting change.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Stop posting spoilers

yeah can the three people who have seen the first 6 episodes like...chill for a few weeks

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

"Im not a Nazi, I'm a communist" a sentiment I unfortunately only would have understood thanks to recent real world movements

Angelae hugs the sheriff as she lets him down. She's taking the opportunity to hug one more time... But on the down low

i love this post a lot

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

"roll on snare drum, curtains, good joke"

this line made my eyes roll out of my head and onto the floor.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

When the last episode ends on a cliffhanger, then the show needs to address it at the start of the next episode. If we are supposed to care about the story then the show needs to address the story more, and jerk itself off over its zaniness less.

nah

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Show sucks again imo

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i dont think regina king was good in this ep

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

nah the goon who said that this is anywhere close to the quality of twin peaks s3 still has that honor

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

someone mentioned the AV club reviews and the headline for the one for this week is "Watchmen composes the greatest love story ever told" lol come the gently caress on

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

yeah i think you will be too lol

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

lmao that sucked rear end.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

why did veidt quote the sign rorschach was carrying around????

"it's like poetry - it rhymes"

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

at least it turns out that there are lots of Good Cops out there

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Arist posted:

I like that we've reached the point where the show's detractors are just straight-up lying about what the show was about, fun times

Sorry if that went over your head

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

struggling to imagine anything more emblematic of modern broke-brained lib politics than a middle aged white man showrunner turning dr. m into a POC and then into a WOC lmao.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

more! female! cops!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i liked how the show looked and felt more and more like a Syfy original as the season went on

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Bushido Brown posted:

The most frequently lauded show by the serial complainers ITT is a SyFy show, and yet they seem to have lost that audience. Odd.

i was referring more to the older style of Syfy programming on cable. Lots of this show looked kind of low budget and lovely considering this is on HBO. I haven't seen The Expanse.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

The show ended by killing all the racist white folk

bing bong so simple

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

there's no way people just don't like the show. there must be some mastermind somewhere shining a strobe into the haters faces.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

what if i came to the conclusion that this show turned into mealy-mouthed centrist lib trash independently?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

glad we could settle this in the marketplace of ideas like gentlemen

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

still thinking about "Watchmen composes the greatest love story ever told" lol

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

The ratings were not bad, they were on par with another HBO drama prestige show, Big Little Lies (which has an all-star cast). That’s really good! And the finale had higher ratings than the premiere, which is also really good- people stuck with the show and even recruited new viewers through word-of-mouth.

Watchmen is a critical darling, which is also good for HBO. That usually leads to lots of awards, which drives the ability to recruit top talent for projects.

Game of Thrones was a perfect storm, it had lots of bloody violence, sex, and nudity, in a fantasy setting. Action Movies always draw better than serious dramas.

Watchmen was a thoughtful serious drama in a hard sci-fi setting. No one has super powers, with one exception, and he doesn’t use them in a typical way.

There is no Batman or Iron Man to root for. There are no action scenes with capes fighting. And there is lots of weird poo poo, like raining squid.

The show looks hard at America’s history of racism, another turnoff for casual viewers.

Game of Thrones is ‘Avengers: Endgame’.

Watchmen is ‘Phantom Thread’.

The two have very different performance expectations. Watchmen is excelling in its category.

(You can skip the buh buh buh if it was really popular it would be really objectively popular like Big Bang Theory response since that is not how Television executives think.)

im still thinking about this post lmao could this guy be anymore up his own rear end

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

i cannot fathom how someone can come away from this season thinking this show took a hard look at racism.

e: don't get me wrong - it certainly looked at racism in america but it didn't explore it in near enough depth and it hand-waves away racism in the police as being some bad apple infiltrators.

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 18, 2019

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

it realize it's been a long 6 days for you here on SA but it is normal and actually good for people to post criticisms about shows. and doing so doesn't make someone a miserable person

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

because there's a good chance that the person who hates them is definitely a racist.

lol that's really loving stupid

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

ur a huge dipshit actually

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

the "good guy" is a cop btw

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

The problem was that it was a pretty good show about the Tulsa Massacre and racism written by a diverse team of writers, mashed into an extremely dumb show based on a half-understood comic book that had no point or reason in being remade and ran by an incredibly dumb man.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

the professional tv writers and critics always liked the show. doesn't mean it can't still suck rear end, sorry.

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 28, 2020