Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is a lot better than I thought it'd be so far :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Scooter_McCabe posted:

Rewatching first episode. Don Johnson's death may not be what it seems. His quote after the weapons release "it's my funeral," that was sneaky. 7th Cavalry was Custer's unit and responsible for wiping out the Indians, so ethnic cleansing. So going to guess that racism and alt right views are threatening to destabilize the world in some fashion. Given the one racist kid talked about "Redfordations" at the being of the episode, I'm going to guess Redford is a liberal president. That liberalism gained a solid footing after Nixon left office and with 30 years of liberal policies a lot of things can get addressed, things that will piss off people that are fellow travellers with the 7th Cav. Also I'm guessing liberalism is starting to wane and that the President being an older guy but powerful is essentially the last stop gap before some a bunch of stupid racists have their way. So something needs to happen that now takes the focus off race and makes alt right views moot.

In the Watchmen it was the specter of mutually assured destruction, which was offset by the threat of inter-dimensional alien invasions. So now Veidt has something planned that involves Doctor Manhattan, who was the son of a watch maker, hence the title of the play. So perhaps Veidt plans to convince Dr. Manhattan that the only way to protect humanity is to make humanity like a will driven watch. So his robotic servants are the Adam and Eve of a hybrid humanity programmed to be mindless dipshits where conformity is achieved through brainless obedience.

I'll see if the New Frontiersman will publish these findings.

Edit: Listen to the radio right Don Johnson gets killed. They talk about all kinds of liberal policies that these assholes hate and some dystopian Alt Righter mounting a challenge for the White House.

I wouldn't be too hopeful about Don Johnson magically being alive. Between Hollywood Reporter's writeup, Vanity Fair confirming it, and Lindelof previously saying he wanted to do something in the Lost pilot (kill Jack) but the network wouldn't let him, I think it's safe to say Don's dead-dead