Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That was super not was I was expecting, good even.

Honestly given the trailers and all the interviews leading up to this, it was pretty much exactly what I expected (Lindelof is on a roll). I haven't read the comic in 20+ years and I don't remember a lot of the details of it. While I know it is not required, I am planning to re-read it this week. I just think it would make the experience better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Gave it a fast spin on Apple Music and went ahead ordered the vinyl for volume 1. That packaging is super nice.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Nail Rat posted:

Where the heck did you find the vinyl version for sale?

Target still has it listed for preorder and accepted my order with a delivery date of next week. I am not 100% sure if it will happen (I’m telling myself glitch), but looks good so far. You never know if you don’t try.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Nail Rat posted:

I found a link that worked on Amazon for a preorder. For some reason there are two vinyl pages listed. The one with the image shows not available, the other lets you preorder (but at this point, estimated ship date is not available because the first run is sold out)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z74G6ZQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't see that one. I only saw the one linked from the NIN store (which is sold out). I have a feeling the Target is either a placeholder for the second run. It also shows without the image which makes me a little worrisome. I didn't care for a second run, but I wanted it to be exactly like the first run.

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor---watchmen--volume-1--ost---vinyl-/-/A-78786715

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
That Target link worked, and my vinyl showed up today.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mantis42 posted:

That logic doesn't apply to settler colonialist projects like that. It's like saying someone is Cherokee because they live in Oklahoma.

Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzZTyquHcJY

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
After The Leftovers I was surprised (maybe I shouldn't be since given the ratings) that people still called Damon Lindelof the 'Lost guy' in a derogatory way or made snide comments when Lindelof's name came up. So I am not surprised he has delivered, but this even surpassed my expectations.

grate deceiver posted:

These last two eps were probably the best of the entire show so far, but overall it's still kinda dumb confused mess. I'm still not getting what everyone sees in it. I've even seen someone here saying it surpassed the original? Seriously? When it pretty much misses the original's point at every turn? This is what passes for great writing to you?

I mean, I'll watch it till the end, it's entertaining, pretty and not aggresively bad most of the time, but I don't see anyone caring about it a few months from now.

Nah in a month I have a feeling it will get my vote for best show of 2019 (depends no which show sticks it's landing better, this or Mr. Robot). Funny, while the show is a so-called mystery box, the last things I would ever call this show is dumb (last night episode was the smartest thing I've seen on TV in awhile) or a mess. Even my wife, who has never read the graphic novel and who hated the movie, loves it. She is someone who only watched it because Lindelof was attached and was dreading it. I wouldn't say it surpassed the source material, but I would it has honored it.

Edit: I just remembered that I still have a Jack avatar on here.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 26, 2019

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Because of the A.V. Club post I looked up the book Anatomy of A Lynching, and the story of Claude Neal. We don't deserve to exist. Jesus Christ.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
It will not surprise me if Senator Joe Keene does transform himself, but instead of turning blue he will be orange.

Also while I haven't seen this in the thread, I am sure it has been posted before. So I am just re-posting due to the name match-up.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 2, 2019

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

magiccarpet posted:

Give us the Snyder cut

Only if James Gunn wrote it, cause Synder has sucked blue balls without Gunn.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

HBO has a long standing tradition of having shows start really good then absolutely gently caress up the ending so this won’t surprise me when they gently caress it up eight at the finish line.

Outside of GoT, what shows? If anything HBO has a reputation for some of the greatest endings ever (Six Feet Under and The Sopranos). I would say their endings are on par with almost every other network, if not better.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

zoux posted:

lmao I didn't know that Watchmen was part of the Star Wars universe

Also Sepinwall tried to do the non-linear time gimmick in his article and I don't know if it works but E for Effort.

I don't understand why it has so many 1 star user reviews (especially from first time user reviewers). Hmm let me investigate the actual user reviews:

I did find one 1 star reviewer with more than one review. He gave Captain Marvel 1 star, cause you know those liberals in Hollywood.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 9, 2019

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

zoux posted:

Anytime you see a disparity between critic and audience reviews (on RT at least) that large, it's always review bombing from spiritual incels.

Ha I was just being sarcastic. I knew exactly what filth I would find in there.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Thank you for this post.

loving word on street...internet is straight trash.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Man I’ve been reading viewing threads going back to the days of shows like Six Feet Under and Carnivale, and maybe my memory is fuzzy (I could have blocked it), but parts of this thread are pretty bad for even goons. Maybe the moderation was better back in the day or something, but the continuous thread making GBS threads is loving to the point of absurdity. To be clear I have zero issue with someone liking or disking a show (I have been on both sides in these threads), but for some to confuse their subjective opinion with objective truth while making GBS threads on others with low effort posting is still pure loving toxic even by goon standards.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Bernstrike posted:

someone with a baby yoda av was just going to waste them anyway

True story.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Also America has done so many lovely things it would be impossible to learn them all.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I found it to be ran by a very capable show runner. I can’t wait to see what he does next. I would love to see him continue doing one season series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I think we have different definitions of nymphomaniac.