Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Regina King and Tim Blake Nelson were really phenomenal in this. I was kinda meh on them making a Watchmen sequel series, but it was worth it to see these two actors elevate the material, which already had that Lindelof punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The first ten pages of this thread are gold. Kudos to the goons calling a lot of the payoffs and lol at the goon who jumped on team Rorschach before seeing the first ep and the other goon who was disappointed it wasn’t the Boys. :xd:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Show needed more Bunny Colvin as the newspaper vendor too. He was great in what little we saw of him, his interaction with Veidt at the end was great. Hope he didn’t die in the squid bullets assault.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 28, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jay-V posted:

Wow good catch on his name. Also, "Excalibur" is the name of Laurie's Dr. Manhattan dildo. So you have:

"Laurie's ex" -> "Dr. Manhattan" -> "Excalibur" -> "Ex-Cal Abar" -> Cal Abar is Laurie's Ex, Dr. Manhattan :tinfoil:

Quoting from over a hundred pages back because holy poo poo is this an incredible way to stumble onto the reveal.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Arist posted:

Based on Lindelof's comments his plan, at least if he didn't have an idea for a second season, was to let someone else take over and tell their own story in the universe. I'm a little disappointed HBO just went, "Nah, too much trouble," but whatever.

If it results in a S2 on par with True Detective or Westworld, then I’m glad they killed it.

Still, it would’ve been nice to see a true post-Manhattan world and the farce of a trial that Ozymandius would’ve been involved in. I can totally see S2 opening with Redford pardoning Ozy, but the truth still getting out and the fallout from that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The announcement says they’re not interested in doing a second season without Lindelof but doesn’t say anything about spinoffs, so it’s still possible we may see a Lubeman show just yet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I binged it after the show finished airing with the idea that it was capital B bad, but found the story pretty engaging and the ending very pulpy but still in tune with the rest of the series. Watching Manhattan head pop a bunch of fascist Rorschachs was very satisfying viscerally, and the ending of the story was an indictment to those who side with Ozymandius and those who co-sign the “hard men making hard choices” ideology (cough *MarvelMovies* cough).

Only change I’d make is getting to see that smug Senator’s face right before he burst like a water balloon.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Wire has terrible ratings throughout its entire run. It’s a shame goobusters wrote it off in their mr. bibs-like quest to only watch media that’s certified fresh.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Treme also got terribly low ratings and it stayed phenomenal all the way through.

What were the ratings on Carnivale or Deadwood? It’s crazy thinking goo slept on these shows because the ratings were bad.

Anyone know the ratings of Twin Peaks: The Return? I want to know if Showtime feels the same way about ratings that goobusters does.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Fact

The second season was cancelled because the show had dog poo poo ratings.

And my point is HBO doesn’t give a gently caress about ratings, which is why I posted those low rated shows with multiple seasons.

It’s clear what your agenda is with the ratings, don’t be a coward and hide behind your gooniness. Own them rating numbers, Mr. Bibs.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Killer robot posted:

"Prove to me that the trillionaire with the convoluted murder plot shouldn't be trusted with godhood" was a better posting gimmick.

lol, whose gimmick was that? I must’ve missed it when trying to reread the thread (I had to skip huge swaths due to all the poo poo posting).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

the person you quoted

Holy poo poo. How did goobusters rack up 4 pages worth of posts on a show they hated from the beginning?

I take it back, the show isn’t good. It’s freaking amazing. It really broke something in that poor goon’s brain.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 21, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

OZYMANDIAS: Masks make people cruel

JOE KEANE: The cops wear masks because they're evil white supremacists

HOODED JUSTICE: Masks make it impossible to heal or improve, they just make you angry and hateful and let you ignore the real personal and institutional issues that need to be brought to light

A GENIUS: Wow, I was totally right all along and this show really is centrist police apologia with nothing meaningful or interesting to say about superheroes or modern society

Sleeveless pretty much got this thread’s number early.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 21, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if people are going to start fashionizing their covid masks into superhero masks in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you like the show, it’s a GOOD thing that it’s finding a second audience, why try to discourage that by posting unmarked spoilers after someone said they’re watching it for the first time and then getting indignant when called out on it?

If you don’t like it, why are you still in this thread 165 page in?