Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Raposa posted:

I'm here from the Sekiro thread to ask one question.

Obey the Iron Code ending first? Truly the funniest option for an LP.
Given backing up saves is a thing, and I'd imagine all the endings would be shown off, that ending is the first one available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

megane posted:

Bright purple with stripes might not make you stealthy, but it does make you fabulous.
it's naruto training - the more garish your outfit is, the more handicapped your stealth abilities are, and the more you have to learn how to be really stealthy! Like putting a jingly bell on a cat.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 27, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You should absolutely play it.
Remember that you can block pretty much anything that isnt doesnt trigger a :doink:
not only that, but you can parry drat near any attack in the game, with the exception of grabs, IIRC.
the special :doink: attacks have a much tighter window, and it's better to do the roll or jump, but you can parry them too if you need to.

e: I mention this because one of my complaints with DS/BB, for all I love those games, is that there'd be a lot of the time when you go to parry something, and the game goes "hey, who told you you could use THAT mechanic here?? only dodge rolling allowed here, I don't care HOW much windup we gave this attack." Especially so where the bigger bosses were concerned.

Sekiro? You can parry gunshots, explosions, and even a giant gorilla punching you in the face. It took a while for that to really sink in.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 3, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Lady Butterfly is a super cool boss and effectively this game's version of Gascoigne - if you haven't internalized the game's systems, (Sekiro - keep on the aggression, always be deflecting; Bloodborne - dodge forward, learn parry timings) you're not gonna get very far.

She's also: stupid fun on repeat playthroughs

Weirdly enough, she's entirely optional, and the actual first "boss" doesn't really teach anything of the sort!