Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
saw about 15 minutes of it, thought it was fine

Bitcoin is a dead horse atp imo, no more of those jokes please (no I've never put any money into it)

Didn't make it to the call-in segment if they had one - if they do Mystic Kids Funtime-caliber roasts of the audience then that'd be rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It was pretty funny when they read the Twitter handle "Maynard AIDS Keenan"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dick Bastardly posted:

mde lite..........?

i thought that was cumtown which is a podcast.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

General Dog posted:

It was pretty funny when they read the Twitter handle "Maynard AIDS Keenan"

Lol yeah that was funny and the tweet calling his cohost a “mean twink”

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

i liked the epstein bill gates bit

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I guess is it more like a podcast????? Or something????

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

thot crime posted:

I guess is it more like a podcast????? Or something????

yeah, i got this impression as well... but it felt much much less organic.... almost to a fault

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
"sell me this pen"

*takes pen*

"this is my pen now"

lol hope I get to try this someday

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It wasn't very good but I will watch it every time it's on

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i watched every episode of allen gregory so i can watch this

my morbid curiosity knows no bounds

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
it made me fall asleep

also faux libertarian web show is just gross

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Funny, but reading the script from his laptop hurt the delivery

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

porkface posted:

Funny, but reading the script from his laptop hurt the delivery

so much this

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It reminded me of Lowtax's podcast, and I mean that in a good way, whenever they were trying to sabotage each other's bits.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

RJWaters2 posted:

It reminded me of Lowtax's podcast, and I mean that in a good way, whenever they were trying to sabotage each other's bits.

That and the bits where one is talking over the other in the background (or just lower in the mix) gave it a real Space Ghost vibe.

I think the world would be a better place if more shows ripped off Space Ghost

Feebus Reloaded
Jul 28, 2016

THIS WAS AJUDGED TO BOTH COMMIT TO AND VIOLATE A SACRED POSTIN OATH

When it debuted, I sat down at my computer, and I gave it my undivided attention, and I hated it.

Now I'm just randomly clicking through and tuning in for 30 seconds at a time while I do something else and it's loving hysterical.

Could this be a new form of content? Is this some sort of "quantum" show whose quality changes based on whether or not it is being observed?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Dennis System posted:

Is this true? I vaguely remember Kantbot, on an episode of TekWars, claiming that a lot of people who are influential in left-wing media came out of Something Awful. I don't remember any of the details of what he said though.

a lot of the older maximum irony leftist twitter people are from SA

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

eh he got paid and I wasn't forced to watch it so I didn't. Win-win.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
the first 15 minutes are rough but somehow it improves as the episode progresses. feel slike the lowest, most petty moments in an internet echo chamber. this is going to be loving funny when they get used to the format.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Why hasn't LiarTown been a tv show yet? That would work as a sketch comedy thing. But oh of course we can't have sketch comedies nowdays, we have people sitting at desks and cracking wise

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's not as good as MDE

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think it would have been greatly improved if like the host and cohost were in a really tiny window in the corner of the screen and they were muted in the corner inaudible and then the rest of the screen was just a Golden Girls rerun.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

tried to watch it, between it being produced by a blind fool and that filter on dril's voice i couldn't make it past the 10 minute mark.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The guy who's not dril loving suuuuuuucks

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I fell asleep watching it. It's just so bad.

On the other had good on drill for getting paid.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow that was boring and the not dril guy indeed ruins every setup

Got bored after like 10 minutes and zoned out and just left it on in a background tab before closing it without even thinking about it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So all you MDE defenders, what's the funniest amount of money to donate to the KKK? Sam Hyde gave 5k.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Watched it with the boys tonight, really dug it. Fun stuff. Any word on if there will be more episodes, and when? I assumed there would be, but heard there hasn't been word yet possibly.

In general I think Dril being new to this on camera schtick is getting warmed up, but his character here was funny none the less. He seemed to talk less than the other guy (also funny) in the second half.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

rodbeard posted:

So all you MDE defenders, what's the funniest amount of money to donate to the KKK? Sam Hyde gave 5k.

Well then theres your answer its 5k

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

I gave $1488

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'd never heard of MDE so I did a quick Google to figure out wtf is going on and

quote:

In one sketch, a man trips his brother's wife because he doesn't find her attractive enough, sending her face-first into a glass coffee table. In another, an African-American woman boasts of getting $40,000 a year in disability payments. Even a seemingly innocuous sketch about "making tap water" takes an ugly turn when the actor in it angrily references men "taking it in the rear end," for no apparent reason.

The show is from the mind of a trio of Rhode Island-based sketch comedians — Sam Hyde, Nick Rochefort and Charls Carroll — who've been at it for a decade and call themselves Million Dollar Extreme (MDE). Prior to series pickup last May, they already had amassed a sizable following, particularly in the "alt-right" online community that has championed white supremacy and cheered Donald Trump's rise to power. As the group's leader, the 31-year-old Hyde — who tweets support for alt-right theories like Pizzagate while hurling attacks at left-leaning celebrities like Lena Dunham (whom he called a "fat pig") and Patton Oswalt (whom he theorized had "killed his wife") — has drawn the majority of heat. Some of his other material makes World Peace seem tame by comparison: In one 2013 video on the official MDE YouTube page, Hyde takes the stage at a comedy club in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and proceeds to read aloud several pages of homophobic "research," provoking walkouts.

Who the christ greenlit this? :wtc:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sam-hyde-speaks-meet-man-behind-adult-swims-canceled-alt-right-comedy-show-954487

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I think it would have been greatly improved if like the host and cohost were in a really tiny window in the corner of the screen and they were muted in the corner inaudible and then the rest of the screen was just a Golden Girls rerun.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

rodbeard posted:

Lul triggered libcuck?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Dril has a wiki wtf

Who is out there going "I got a catalog every dril tweet and identify his most memorable moments!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

feelix posted:

Lul triggered libcuck?

lol smirking bigotry is not comedy it's just lovely white dudes who suck. nick mullen only wishes he were on their level. The thing about trying to be a racist Lenny Bruce is that Lenny Bruce wasn't funny either.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol smirking bigotry is not comedy it's just lovely white dudes who suck. nick mullen only wishes he were on their level. The thing about trying to be a racist Lenny Bruce is that Lenny Bruce wasn't funny either.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

feelix posted:

Thanks for clearing that up!

you're welcome lovely poster.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Consider Reddit, where it is expected that people put "/s" after their posts when they're being sarcastic

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm a good Christian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Seems unreasonable to be mad about this tbh. Mde was very funny, aeons ahead of its time even