Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

For a full preview check out Voices of Wrestling

KING OF PRO-WRESTLING
October 14th at 4:00 EDT/9:00 BST
Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall)

El Desperado Comeback:Ryusuke Taguchi, YOH, and SHO vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and DOUKI)
Tanahashi 20th Anniversary Match IV:Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tomoaki Honma vs. Togi Makabe and Toru Yano
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, and Taichi)
Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, KENTA, and Yujiro Takahashi)
Special Single Match:Jyushin Thunder Liger vs. Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. El Phantasmo
IWGP US Championship No DQ:Jon Moxley(c) vs. Juice Robinson
IWGP Heavyweight Championship Right to Challenge Contract:Kota Ibushi vs. EVIL
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kazuchika Okada(c) vs. SANADA

This is the most stacked KoPW card in years imo even though i'm not even that stoked about the main event. The Liger/Suzuki singles match is finally happening after what's been probably the best build to an individual match this year. Plus,Moxley makes his return to the company for the first time since the G1, Kota Ibushi and EVIL have incredible chemistry, and Ospreay's delivered in almost all of his big match opportunities recently. If you're higher on the Okada/SANADA rivarly than i am this is a potential show of the year on paper and hell even I'll say that the closing stretch of the G-1 match had me shouting at the television.

Even the multiman stuff in the undercard have a bit more juice than normal with Desperado's comeback and both Naito and ZSJ wanting to become double champions at the Dome. As a bonus don't forget that there's usually at least one unannouncedg surprise every year at this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

my bold prediction is that sanada is not going to win

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Put Liger vs. Suzuki on last, coward Harold.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

really should have had sanada decline his title shot this time or just pretend he doesn't get one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this time. liger brings a gun.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Okada's not dropping that belt before January and if SANADA loses again he's either leaving the company or he's dangerously close to Goto territory, so I'm thinking they go broadway tonight, folks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SANADA wins, Hiromu comes out looking like Scott Steiner and challenges for the belt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

Okada's not dropping that belt before January and if SANADA loses again he's either leaving the company or he's dangerously close to Goto territory, so I'm thinking they go broadway tonight, folks.

Wow, is this what I sound like when I'm stanning for Naito?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My bold prediction is holy gently caress this card is gonna absolutely rule.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

Wow, is this what I sound like when I'm stanning for Naito?

I mean it's entirely possible SANADA just loses and that's that, I wouldn't be terribly broken up about it cause I like EVIL more, I'm just saying when your story in 2019 is "lose finals of NJC, get granted a title match and lose, barely eke out a win in G1, and then lose title match again" then it starts looking kinda dicey.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TriffTshngo posted:

I wouldn't be terribly broken up about it cause I like EVIL more,

Now you're talkin', muchacho.

But yeah in retrospect uh, they should not have run Okada/Sanada at Dontaku. Losing in the NJC finals and getting a win in the G1 for a KOPW rematch is cool, but at this point, Sanada literally just beat Okada so he could lose to him a third time. Bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Despy being back is good. In fact it is great because Despy is great

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to be there and I am ready to see Kishin Liger and some straight up murder

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Big fan of the CHAOS vs BC 6 man where we're establishing that YOSHI-HASHI's natural counterpart in Bullet Club is Yujiro, as it should be.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Debating watching this live as have tomorrow off and Suzuki/Liger demands a live viewing

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Debating watching this live as have tomorrow off and Suzuki/Liger demands a live viewing

do it DO IT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lets go sanada

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yujiro is better than yoshi-hashi

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

yujiro is better than yoshi-hashi

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oh man I so wish I could stay up for this one :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If you have tomorrow off, always watch live.

I do not have tomorrow off. :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

about to get really sleepy around here so we'll see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im out of nyquil...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

There's no way I'll be able to watch all this live, but I'm going to rewind so I can see Liger v Suzuki when I wake up.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Just gome home from work STRONGLY considering setting an alarm as I dont work tomorrow but dang.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
drat i went all day thinking this started at like 1 cst not 3. aint no way im staying up for that. but im pretty loving hyped for this card.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the update is that i'm as sleepy as i thought i'd be. But we'll see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KING OF PRO WRESTLING GIVE ME KING OF PRO WRESTLING

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Bad news for the US Title Match.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1183629640323088386

Mox has the worst luck.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

God flipping damnit

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

God flipping damnit

There is a replacement match this is going to be really fun I think, but man does it suck that Mox keeps missing dates.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

karmicknight posted:

There is a replacement match this is going to be really fun I think, but man does it suck that Mox keeps missing dates.

ugh im super bummed to miss another look at DEATH RIDER and his little buddy shooter but lucha lance archer v juice should be good.

sucks so much, i gotta imagine they tried to get him there until the last possible minute, but drat you cant argue with a monster typhoon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
gently caress

FUUUUUUUCK.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

shiksa posted:

ugh im super bummed to miss another look at DEATH RIDER and his little buddy shooter but lucha lance archer v juice should be good.

sucks so much, i gotta imagine they tried to get him there until the last possible minute, but drat you cant argue with a monster typhoon.

Look on the bright side, Shota has already gone on excursion.

Honestly though, if Moxley is the only cancellation after the insane size of Hagibis then that's a minor miracle and one I'll take. Archer is a dope replacement even if imo there's a bit less drama around the finish because I don't see Archer winning (sadly)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna loving die.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I hope this doesn't mean New Japan are done with booking him.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I guess we now know that Mox was dropping the title anyway. I'm looking forward to Big Yelling Man vs Smaller Yelling Man

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

I hope this doesn't mean New Japan are done with booking him.

I think Mox has at least said he wants to do WK.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Moxley has said he's really keen to do Wrestle Kingdom and I imagine they'll be keen to have him, but man it sucks he can't make KOPW :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wonder if Jericho was scheduled to fly in and beat up Tanahashi to set up the Dome or if we'll just get a video.

Well, in just over an hour we'll find out :judas: