Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ishii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MiSu

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Murder grandpa. Always murder grandpa.

(Minoru Suzuki)

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ishii

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Minoru Suzuki - I have never, and quite possibly will never, have as powerful a moment in wrestling as witness MiSu's entrance live at Royal Quest. It was an honour and a privilege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatHeKKWOBk

I love how you can tell Suzuki is having the best time during this :3:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Minoru Suzuki - He's not the better wrestler but he's the better character and I just enjoy him more.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Tomohiro Ishii

.... He doesn't have the charisma.
what the gently caress

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

what the gently caress

Of a top star. He has charisma but it's very much not the charisma of an Okada or Tanahashi and will always contribute to holding him back from the top of the card.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Tomohiro Ishii

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Tomohiro Ishii

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Minoru Suzuki - I have never, and quite possibly will never, have as powerful a moment in wrestling as witness MiSu's entrance live at Royal Quest. It was an honour and a privilege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatHeKKWOBk

I love how you can tell Suzuki is having the best time during this :3:

A moment so good it made me forget about the severe pain in my knee from a fall earlier in the evening.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Of a top star. He has charisma but it's very much not the charisma of an Okada or Tanahashi and will always contribute to holding him back from the top of the card.
I know what you meant, I’m just being a big Tom Ishii stan :)

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Minoru Suzuki

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tomohiro Ishii

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Edit: salty for no good reason. Both are great. Going to watch their Power Struggle match again.

Fad fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 31, 2019

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Whoever wins, both these guys are phenomenal and deserve all the love they've gotten and more.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Minoru Suzuki

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Tomohiro Ishii

Bite you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tomohiro Ishii

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ishii. Then. Now. Forever.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Tomohiro Ishii

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Ishii

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Minoru Suzuki

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Minoru Suzuki

couldn't stand his matches in 2017 but his bangers against Goto and Tana turned me around on him and now he's one of my faves

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tomohiro Ishii !!!!!!

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Minoru Suzuki

Then, now, forever

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Minoru Suzuki

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Minoru Suzuki

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
In commemoration of this weekend's Wrestle Kingdom, not only can you vote in this all-New Japan final, but you can also vote for this thread as a 5. Go hog wild!

(Please don't forget to vote in the final, thanks. Deadline's Sunday)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
7 hours left!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations to the 2019 Hulka of Matts, Tomohiro Ishii. He defeated Minoru Suzuki, 19-15.

Thanks to everyone for voting! It's over!!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What about the Ultra Finals

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hold on. i didn't get to vote

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
PSYCHE

It's time to vote for the overall finals. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii.

In real life, Okada and Ishii have faced off four times. Okada won three of them.

8/8/13 - Okada won in the G1 in just 11:21. Okada entered with 6 points, Ishii with four. Neither would advance in the tournament, with Ishii finishing in last place.

8/7/15 - Okada won again in the G1, picking up a victory after 17:08. Both entered this match with 8 points. Okada ended up tying Shinsuke Nakamura for first place in Block B, though Nakamura advanced to the final via a head-to-head tiebreaker.

8/6/16 - Again in the G1, Ishii picked up his first win over Okada in 18:43. Ishii again finished near the bottom, but this win allowed Hirooki Goto to win this block.

3/23/19 - In their first singles meeting outside of the G1, Okada defeated Ishii in the semifinals of the New Japan Cup. Okada went on to defeat Sanada in the final.

Please make your choice for the Hulka of Matts. You have until next Sunday at 7 p.m. eastern to make your selection.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 16, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tomohiro Ishii. Tanahashi vs Okada at Invasion Attack got me interested in New Japan, Shibata vs Ishii in the 2013 G1 made me fall in love with New Japan.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Tomohiro Ishii.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kazuchika Okada

since he's better in every way than the other guy. That's the way it goes sometimes. I have great respect for Ishii but let's not turn this into a silly farce. This is pretty important. Don't vote for Tomohiro Ishii unless you want to bother me quite a bit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

okada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kazuchika Okada.

I'm sorry to do this to you twice in one year, Ishii, but Okada is just on another level.

I love so much that it's come down to these two in yet another fan poll :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
OKADA
ヾ(。 ̄□ ̄)ツ
KAZUCHIKA