Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Uhh Yeah Dude is a comedy podcast produced by Seth Romatelli and Jonathan Laroquette. Its been going since 2006 and is essentially an ongoing conversation between two friends. They've recorded nearly 750 episodes at this point and are 100% advertisement free. Seth is kind of a high strung east coast guy and Jonathan grew up in Malibu, the son of actor John Laroquette. There are a couple of things that make this pretty much the only podcast I ever listen to:

1. Great rapport and energy between the 2 hosts, they play off each other really well
2. Very minimal if any discussion of their personal lives
3. No ads
4. Very little politics
5. They seem like genuinely caring individuals

At this point I've listened to hundreds of hours of these two friends talking, and at the risk of sounding stalkerish; I feel like I know them really well. So I figure I'd share a podcast that has brought me hours and hours of joy. The themes are loose and the conversation is organic. They do some themed "Ask Jonathan" episodes which are pretty great, and a few animal themed episodes that turned out to be real bummers. I found them through their viral "craigshouse" clips. Where they read craigslist relationship ads, its a good laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xluqh7SdMLc ::nws::

and a more recent clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1dw_l_uif8 ::nws::

Any other fans of UYD in GBS?

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Podcasts are usually terrible.

And this doesn't really bode well

quote:

The show also features its own unique vocabulary which has been described as "a combination of repurposed hip-hop patois and bro-speak"

Dude on the left looks like a real vintage 1970s Hell Angel/statutory rapist

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Like a sub villain in an episode of True Detective

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i was afraid it was a sitcom since yes dear exists

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
that sounds bad this is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0EhF7kfWYI

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Did I wander into RGD on accident?

Hmm no this sure looks like GBS. :confused:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Uhh Nah Dude

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

b-minus1 posted:

Uhh Nah Dude

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

this is pretty good.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I dont watch or listen thank you

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I49ec95gV_g

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We hate movies is the one true podcast.

Maron's pretty good too, I also like the Dollop.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like UYD and listen to it regularly
It doesn't really sound very good when you describe it to people and takes a bit of getting used to but I think it can be pretty funny

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I was hoping this was about that old Nickelodeon show called Hey Dude. Disappointing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

We hate movies is the one true podcast.

Maron's pretty good too, I also like the Dollop.

Marc Maron loving sucks dude

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this is a big pile of steaming poo poo, thanks for that link

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Has potential. Ill check this out. Thanks.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Started listening to it on the reg just recently and it's excellent. They're kinda dumb at points but in completely benign and funny ways. On the last episode Jonathan joined a ketamine research project.
Scratches the same itch as mbmbam just in a less ponderous and reined - in fashion

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Personally, The Dollop is the best podcast ive ever stumbled upon so far. Spent many hours laughing and learning random poo poo from those guys.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

My Shoes posted:

Personally, The Dollop is the best podcast ive ever stumbled upon so far. Spent many hours laughing and learning random poo poo from those guys.

The Dollop would be better if they stopped trying to do bits, because they're not funny. Interesting topics too, which makes it more annoying.

The only "group of American dudes making dumb jokes, where one of them is actually funny, one of them plays the straight man, and the other keeps cackling manically" podcast that is decent is the one with the bad name.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Uhh, sir, this is a Payless shoes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uhh yeah dude is cum town but by guys who are kind of funny at parties and not actual comedians

so its a rusted out datsun pickup compared to a brand new car

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Its friends talking, which is cum town, because that's the friends talking thing, they invented conversation

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

The_Continental posted:

2. Very minimal if any discussion of their personal lives

you could steal jonathan's identity from any single episode

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I’ll listen if they are gay

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

immortalyawn posted:

Its friends talking, which is cum town, because that's the friends talking thing, they invented conversation

they did in the context of a nearly structure-less podcast

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uhh Yeah Dude is good and chill. I've never heard of cum town, wonder what it is

quote:

Listen to Cum Town episodes free, on demand. Official Podcast of the Cum Boys.

Oh hell yea this sounds super entertaining and not weird as gently caress. Actually I think I'll keep listening to the one that's just two normal people that don't call themselves the cum boys, thanks

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

please don't make threads about podcasts in gbs. why is this so hard for people to understand?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Uhh, sir, this is a Payless shoes
sex cauldron!?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

unless it's cum town then you can make as many threads as you want.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Hell Yeah posted:

unless it's cum town then you can make as many threads as you want.

thanks

my fav part of cum town is when they make jokes about gay sex

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

My favorite part of cum town is the blue chew ad copy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude is good and chill. I've never heard of cum town, wonder what it is

Oh hell yea this sounds super entertaining and not weird as gently caress. Actually I think I'll keep listening to the one that's just two normal people that don't call themselves the cum boys, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmO6XTYn0RA

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I'm glad to have this information. Not too many podcasts fill the niche of boring white guys bullshitting about something I don't care about.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL79chffhZY

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is Night Court as funny as I remember it or is it just nostalgia? I haven't seen it in about 20 years.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

So far this thread is about like three other threads: lena dunham, dollop, and cumtown. interesting. its like a giant crossover thread.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Cum town LOL. Gay Trump LOL. Lena Dunham LOL!!!!!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

White guys, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
id put pineapple on a pizza for it