Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I listen to literally every podcast mentioned so far. I highly recommend podcasts if you don't like to sit still to consume media and are completely starved of even baseline human interaction, let alone friendly banter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

UYD is hilarious and probably the best comedy podcast. What a buncha lovely posts. These guys are really funny and genuine weirdos.

Feb 2, 2005
Uhh Yeah Dude begins to rule even harder as you listen because you slowly learn how deeply strange these two are. It's a miracle they found each other.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

They would almost certainly both be dead had they not found the perfect life partner in each other. Jonathan would have OD'd and Seth's long decayed corpse would have eventually been found crushed under a collapsed stack of magazines.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its hard to sell someone on this podcast in one episode, but after you listen to four or five you start to realise how weird Seth is and how uniquely dumb Johnathan is, and it starts to come together in a really good way. You can start basically at the beginning and go in order without any real difference in quality too.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No really after you listen to 20 or 30 episodes of two unfunny white dudes saying nothing to each other you'll 'get it'.
-An opinion I feel is valid

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i said four or five right in the post, not twenty or thirty you doofus

tell me about your super valid opinion on something you haven't listened to though, i wish my opinions had more validity like a newspaper columnist or seomthing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
him being son of a famous actor is all i needed to know to finally realize why i could never get into this. So he never has to worry about money and lives in an extremely expensive and hipster part of LA and his transplant homie who is retarded and more charming than him just laughs at his stuff while he paces around as if hes on stagefor his dad every episode, lmfao. So relatable

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

him being son of a famous actor is all i needed to know to finally realize why i could never get into this. So he never has to worry about money and lives in an extremely expensive and hipster part of LA and his transplant homie who is retarded and more charming than him just laughs at his stuff while he paces around as if hes on stagefor his dad every episode, lmfao. So relatable

You seem like you have a lot of feelings. Would you like to share with the group why the person who is richer than you makes you so upset?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

The_Continental posted:

You seem like you have a lot of feelings. Would you like to share with the group why the person who is richer than you makes you so upset?
jesus christ :chloe:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Huge fan of UYD here. Jah is simultaneously a garbage person and also wants nothing but the best for the world. I see him as an insight into this world that I will never know. It's somewhat cathartic in that way. He also knows this about himself which makes it even more frustrating.

It and the Dollop are pretty much the two podcasts that make me laugh out loud in public like on a crowded train.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

The_Continental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX_wprkggoE

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
UYD makes me laugh a lot. I like it and recommend it to people that I love, to make their lives better, so I don't recommend it for any of you.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Julius CSAR posted:

Podcasts are usually terrible.

And this doesn't really bode well

Dude on the left looks like a real vintage 1970s Hell Angel/statutory rapist

Hell yeah a podcast where white guys talk like they're in the bloods? I'm so in.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I'm excited, totally gonna check this out. Thanks, The Continental! :-)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My favorite thing about cum town is how they’re running on fumes after they ran out of wild drug sex stories after like 30 episodes and now it’s just them sitting around asking each other if they have a story for like 50 minutes because they will do anything to avoid dead air

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just downloaded the last 5 episodes, they better not SUCK, OP!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
More like Uhh No Thanks!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Moon Atari posted:

I listen to literally every podcast mentioned so far. I highly recommend podcasts if you don't like to sit still to consume media and are completely starved of even baseline human interaction, let alone friendly banter.

yeah this is the entire point of tv, youtubes, n podcasts is social voyeurism and pretense to having human interactions when one is in completely atomized hellscape devoid of meaningful relationships beyond the weather

cumtown is good (re: its actually bad but i love it and if ur brain is unbroken u will hate it bc it really is bad)

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
They're somehow both endearing while both being completely unrelatable and wrong

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Much better than any cum related pods though

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
how do i even get podcasting do i need some kind of device or what...???....antenna!?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Seth is a loving hilarious person and I've never been able to entirely parse exactly when he's joking about weird neurotic poo poo he does and the elements of his life he brings up. Jonathan can sometimes ruin episodes when he makes it a little too obvious that he's super out of touch. He's gotten better but in earlier episodes he legit seemed to think living like a rockstar and totally consequence free from your teenage years onward is just the norm and I'd have to turn it off if he really dug his heels in on something cause his perspective was just so loving warped.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

you have them backwards, the hippy guy is the one that's the son of an actor

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i listened to five minutes of this and it reminds me of improv, which should be illegal.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
A good podcast is Body Juices: The Times I Had Diarrhea or Barfed

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

A good podcast is Body Juices: The Times I Had Diarrhea or Barfed

ah, congrats on being able to leverage your posts into a successful podcast

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

little munchkin posted:

ah, congrats on being able to leverage your posts into a successful podcast

it's not successful

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't know why this thread is here, but UYD is good. However it is hard to recommend that new people start it in 2019 though, 13 years in. It was like the first podcast, if it came out today I'd have probably never given it the time of day.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Larry Parrish posted:

they did in the context of a nearly structure-less podcast

yeah, a lot of people don’t know this, but the cum boys were the first humans in history to record themselves having an unscripted conversation. ground breaking stuff!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol that a podcast starring two generic bro white dudes with minimal politics is considered a positive thing

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol that a podcast starring two generic bro white dudes with minimal politics is considered a positive thing

whatever dude poo poo's boring, who cares

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Reported several people for thread making GBS threads. It's okay if you're not interested in something but you don't need to be an rear end about it. Don't wanna name names directly because not knowing immediately if it's going to be you who gets the sixer might make more of you stop and think about your lovely posting. But some of you are about to reap what you sow :smug:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Charles posted:

Is Night Court as funny as I remember it or is it just nostalgia? I haven't seen it in about 20 years.

Night court was never funny

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

They're not even generic. One of them is rich lol.

This is why UYD is a success. Not because they're charismatic and charming, but because some people can afford to sit around all day podcasting and other people have to grind to survive.

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

I've listened to UYD since I was 13, it's pretty good and cool and it's definitely not because they were my only male role models because my father was a coke head who never loved me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Seth is the unloving (former) cokehead father we all wish we could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Teenage Jonathan's stories/poems are some of the best bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhsMLxMByyA