Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

sincx posted:

don't red meat + nitrates give you rear end cancer?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

sincx posted:

being alive is a risk factor for any type of cancer

eat the dang jerky

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
getting real excited thinking how long a pocketful of slim jims and hardtack (elf bread) would last me on a 3 day ride by horseback

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The Cockler posted:

getting real excited thinking how long a pocketful of slim jims and hardtack (elf bread) would last me on a 3 day ride by horseback

Everything about that sounds terrible.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This looks like cat poo poo

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Everything about that sounds terrible.

if travelling through a hotter drier climate you can piss on your shirt and wrap it around your head

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You can also poo poo into your hands and smear it into your eyeballs, anything goes in the desert

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Saying I'm going to do something, and then not doing it.

I'm getting really good at it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sincx posted:

The only thing worse than cancer is living a life avoiding all of the things we know cause cancer.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Needs more drying time but I had a taste. Made this out of what I already had lying around, added too much garlic powder.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are these turds on a fan?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hey hey, she's a fan, sure, but she consented. Also how did you get those pictures?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I buy stuff on Amazon and then put it in a closet and forget about it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Colonel Cancer posted:

Your screen, turn on.

bird with big dick posted:

I buy stuff on Amazon and then put it in a closet and forget about it.

Brb

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

This is an ice cream maker. It didn't work out between us.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I like rocks and geology. Shiny rocks mostly get your agate/chalcedony garbage outta here. Boulder opal my rear end its a brown rock

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Why do you own so many plastic jet engines

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Asian cooking. Walking through the isles of a asian grocery store and trying new foods. I swear by my rice cooker as well.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

zaepg posted:

Asian cooking. Walking through the isles of a asian grocery store and trying new foods. I swear by my rice cooker as well.

:hfive:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Putty posted:

This is an ice cream maker. It didn't work out between us.

gently caress. My dad used to make the best homemade ice cream. Yesterday would have been his 99th birthday too. God dammit.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I just been watching mash, smokin weed, and playing wow op

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Whoa what’s your favorite pinball machine?

The Shadow knows...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

gently caress. My dad used to make the best homemade ice cream. Yesterday would have been his 99th birthday too. God dammit.

This machine here requires you to constantly have an icewater bath to even get it to work. The water needs to be below the temperature at which water freezes, which can be only done by constantly adding rock salt. So now you have a big leftover bag of useless inedible salt, and you can't use regular salt because that's costly for the amount needed. I tried to do it with a single bag of ice and no salt and ended up with a slushy mess.

I'd try it again maybe idk. Maybe some goon here will be real;y funny and suggest cum ice cream.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Putty posted:

Maybe some goon here will be real;y funny and suggest cum ice cream.

Make cum ice cream, poo poo ice cream, and red wine ice cream and make Business Hole Neapolitan.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm really into voice acting and learning about voice actors, all the way down to the really obscure ones. At this point I recognize uncredited VAs in all sorts of stuff. It's not a great super power but I enjoy it.

I also collect crappy animated mockbusters. I'm a fan of trash movies and that particular niche has become my favorite. There is a lot of raw unfiltered insanity in lovely animation.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Business Hole Neapolitan

That username is clutch as gently caress

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Ritznit posted:

I'm really into voice acting and learning about voice actors, all the way down to the really obscure ones. At this point I recognize uncredited VAs in all sorts of stuff. It's not a great super power but I enjoy it.

I totally get it. I'm not likely to be anywhere near as well versed as it sounds like you are but I do find joy in correctly identifying who voiced whatever character in something I'm watching. I got into following VAs as an extension of my D&D hobby when Critical Role became a thing.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Red Wine Ice Cream is real and I'm assuming only old boomer women eat it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Doodling star trek characters

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ice cream makers, good ones, are super common at thrift stores so keep an eye out there.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Hatsune Mike posted:

Surely many of us here engage in hobbies that many find difficult to relate to. Everyone is familiar with the idea of people collecting and restoring vintage cars, but less so for washing machines. An eclectic hobby is one thing, but when the hobby demands time and money, and is difficult to relate to, we can only attribute continued interest to a parasitic brain infection.

What's your worm brain hobby? How do you justify it to yourself and loved ones?

One of mine is Japanese arcade games.

It's comparable to the classic car hobby, but on a smaller scale. Maybe it's a bit relatable, because it's fun to play on a really nice comfortable machine with cool games, but less so when you look at how expensive some things are. Why buy Battle Garegga on PS4 for $60 when I can get the original hardware for only $900? It used to be that the cabinets were the expensive bits, and the games were cheap, but these adys, the games have shot up in value, leaving the cabinets as the cheaper component.

My justification is that I've actually gained a lot of miscellaneous skills through this, but more importantly, it's fun, and there's a medium-sized community around it formed out of relatively well-adjusted friendly individuals. It got me really into PCB repair, which is great, because I'll usually buy those pricy games in broken condition, and fix them myself, as the cheap ticket option. Plus, if I change my mind, it's really easy to sell off something purchased earlier, as the value is relatively stable or rising.

There's no nostalgia to this - I was born too late to grow up with these games, and the majority I only discovered in the last few years or so. It's been fun to try new genres of games, and get good at them, and meet a supportive community of people through it.

Having grown up in Japan, I will concur.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pick posted:

Doodling star trek characters

Mods?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's a drying rack. The turds are on a drying rack.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I shoot traditional bows and routinely ask compound guys who're bragging about a shot if they could do that without "training wheels" and sights.

(Not really because all archery owns but I'm definitely tempted to do it every time out of sheer nuclear-grade nerd :smug:ness)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pfft I've seen a guy with a custom made mongolian style short bow and it was sick as heck. He was even shooting it off the finger, too!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pfft I've seen a guy with a custom made mongolian style short bow and it was sick as heck. He was even shooting it off the funger, too!

Some day after I'm shooting heavier Western bows I really want to learn eastern archery with the thumb ring and poo poo looks fun as hell

There's even a couple goons that make those fukn rings and even horn bows and it's really cool

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Honky Dong Country posted:

Some day after I'm shooting heavier Western bows I really want to learn eastern archery with the thumb ring and poo poo looks fun as hell

There's even a couple goons that make those fukn rings and even horn bows and it's really cool

Think he was just using a strip of leather wrapped around his fingers, no ring.

I've been sticking to an olympic style recurve but I plan on getting into more traditional wooden bows because they look like fun. I'll miss fitting a longbow in a backpack though!

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

I as well enjoy an arcade game hobby, Hatsune Mike. It’s rewarding to fix up broken stuff and enjoy it with friends.

DanAdamKOF fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 15, 2019

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

DanAdamKOF posted:

I as well enjoy an arcade game hobby, Hatsune Mike. It’s rewarding to fix up broken stuff and enjoy it with friends.

Ok, this is really cool @_@ I mean, awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

I totally get it. I'm not likely to be anywhere near as well versed as it sounds like you are but I do find joy in correctly identifying who voiced whatever character in something I'm watching. I got into following VAs as an extension of my D&D hobby when Critical Role became a thing.

Yeah, it really is fun, especially when the people in question are involved in a variety of things and show up in some unexpected places.

I also love comparing dubs - I'm German and Germany dubs literally everything that's released here, so checking out how things came out in which language is extra neat to me.