Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The latest season is boring as poo poo. Has been for a while. What did it get so bad? Season 9 was great. That Sony PSP episode was dope. So maybe it was Season 10 or 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
these communist party shills are really getting annoying OP how'd you get past the great firewall?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
it was all down hill after that one episode where kenny died

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's always been bad, OP. It had good moments, but as a whole it's been garbage, especially during it's "always be centerist no matter what" years.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
like 15 years ago or more

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Who What Now posted:

It's always been bad, OP. It had good moments, but as a whole it's been garbage, especially during it's "always be centerist no matter what" years.

Less then 4 posts until the "its always been bad OP", not bad GBS. Not bad.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
What terrible timing for this post when the shows been more relevant than a long time this past week, jesus christ. Brain damage or just trolling OP, either way.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
South Park was always bad. Except you were like 13 back when you thought it was funny.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

If you had to choose: South Park or That 70's Show?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's always been funnier than you, but not as funny as me, the guy who actually sees both sides of this nuanced debate. Fart

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

What terrible timing for this post when the shows been more relevant than a long time this past week, jesus christ. Brain damage or just trolling OP, either way.
Imagine thinking that 'relevant' means entertaining or any thing in any way

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I think the last episode I saw was the world of Warcraft one. Was that before or after the movie?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
South Park isn't just bad it's dangerous. Like, it's probably the number one culprit of normalizing antisemitism in the 21st century.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Imagine making terrible attention threads based on whatevers in the headlines

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Haven't watched it several years except for the recent China episode which was actually pretty great

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
South Park is like Bioware games.

They never changed, we just grew up.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Vegetable posted:

Imagine thinking that 'relevant' means entertaining or any thing in any way

Supreme Allah posted:

Imagine making terrible attention threads based on whatevers in the headlines
imaginaaation

imaginaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation

imaginaaaaaaaaation

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
It became bad when those bastards stopped killing Kenny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nutsngum posted:

Less then 4 posts until the "its always been bad OP", not bad GBS. Not bad.

Am I supposed to pretend it hasn't been?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

about 20 years years ago when gigantic fat white men began saying "KENNAH" in nasaly Cartman voices like it was god's own gift to comedy and they still keep doing it.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
sorry about your government problems, xi

south park has always owned and still does

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I really didn't enjoy their transition to continuity between episodes, that's pretty much where I stopped watching for good. before that it was just meh for most new episodes

e: except coon and friends which kicks rear end, and the black friday two-parter

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

vandalism posted:

sorry about your government problems, xi

south park has always owned and still does

hello gigantic fat white man who quotes cartman and makes others uncomfortable at work.
I'm certain you think it's "totally ironic" and it's my problem and "kick rear end".

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Gag answer: it got popular then people got sick of it. It gained more popularity after challanging scientology, had one or two good seasons the procceeded to be awful again. They did actual damage with manbearpig and how they treated Gore.

Serious answer: like your posts OP, it's always being bad and lacked any redeeming quality.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Going through old episodes, it's surprising how against climate change they were and for how long.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
It got bad when you grew out of it

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
it got bad once real life current events started to inadvertently emulate it

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

It got bad
*joker face looking out of the window*

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

hello gigantic fat white man who quotes cartman and makes others uncomfortable at work.
I'm certain you think it's "totally ironic" and it's my problem and "kick rear end".

I can do a great Cartman voice that I am pretty proud of, but I am not fat; I'm big boned.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
yeah it was probably better before you were old enough to start getting the political messages and realized that the creators politics are trash

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I haven't watched it in 10 years but it was always hit or miss. The looney tunes osama bin laden episode was unwatchably bad. Same with the my neighbor totoro cthulu episode. Don't make me think of actual good animation on your flash cardboard cutout cartoon please

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It is pretty funny when you are a middle schooler/teenager but lol if you still watch it after you cleared high school.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
When did they start getting political? The earliest episodes were written as kind of Zucker-esque comedy with more farts. Perhaps that is why Stone and Parker got starring roles in 1998 hit comedy BASEketball :thunk:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I always thought their politics were more nihilist than centrist

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

What's good is a free and democratic Hong Kong op

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The video games are good, fight me

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Edgar posted:

I think the last episode I saw was the world of Warcraft one. Was that before or after the movie?

the movie was 1999 real early on in the run and that's the best thing they've ever done

Warcraft was 2006

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The movie is really good yeah

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
I stopped following in 2007 after the snuke episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
my animes are refined and NOT cartoons for kids like south park

*jacks off to picture of crosseyed anime girl with huge tiddies and her tongue hanging out and panting*

ahh art, you filthy plebs... heh "enjoying" "south" "park" heh

*grasps waifu pillow*

unghh oni~~chan they will never understand how refined and culturally superior you are