Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Does it open up at all after the intro sequence? I tried it for half an hour but it felt very on rails and I got bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Obeservation and Space Haven are also available on GOG.

Donnerberg
Dec 15, 2008

Hell Gem

grate deceiver posted:

Does it open up at all after the intro sequence? I tried it for half an hour but it felt very on rails and I got bored.

Only a little, though I'm a third of the way in. You get freedom to roam after the intro, and there's optional lore you can find, but progression is still on rails. Figure out the one way to reach a specific room, solve the puzzle, see cutscene, repeat.

I'd like agency in being a loyal or rogue AI, but it seems set in stone.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Observation is pretty linear, but I enjoyed it all the same. It goes impressively mad plot-wise near the end.

Donnerberg posted:

If you get the game, know that there's a glitched keybinding. You need to hit Backspace when it says press X.

Hah, I had this. Turns out that is actually the official "backspace icon" or something. It's on my phone when entering the PIN as well.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

deep dish peat moss posted:

So this game Space Haven has been on my wishlist for a while and released in EA today.

It's a colony builder with pixel art graphics where you live in a spaceship that you build as you go, mine resources from asteroids with mining pod drones, fight off aliens, explore derelict space hulks with your away team, make sure your rooms are properly heated and supplied with power, grow artificial meat in labs, trade with errant traders, etc.

The graphics are really nice and it seems like it could go places. If you've played the Rimworld mod Save Our Ship/SOS you should feel right at home here

caveat emptor it's EA but I've been enjoying it

This looks like it could turn out well, wishlisted.

It also just occurred to me that what I'd really like to see is a fantasy version of this, maybe with D&D's Spelljammer setting.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

That looks interesting and I was going to buy it after seeing it was $11.69 US from the steam website, I open up steam itself to buy it and it turns out that $11.69 is apparently 17.09. gently caress off steam.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

So Monster Train is a legit Slay The Spire kind of deck builder with enough of it's own ideas about adding a little tower defense and a lot of polish.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

I've seen a few playthroughs of Monster train, and honestly it seems very high quality and offers a lot of avenues for strategy. Not my kind of game mind you, but I always enjoy watching other people play.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

PCGamer mentioned this one, I, Dracula Genesis

Just watch the video (when it actually starts 20 seconds in...). It doesn't play like other twinsticks, closest to Enter The Gungeon. Most arenas are very small and it's quite chaotic. Some bugs right now but with the amount of effort here I don't think they will ditch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6OHPpGQITo

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

ShellShock Live

$7
"Overwhelmingly Positive"
(It's Scorched Earth)

Do yourself a favor and just get the 4 pack for 20 bucks.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

deep dish peat moss posted:

So this game Space Haven has been on my wishlist for a while and released in EA today.

It's a colony builder with pixel art graphics where you live in a spaceship that you build as you go, mine resources from asteroids with mining pod drones, fight off aliens, explore derelict space hulks with your away team, make sure your rooms are properly heated and supplied with power, grow artificial meat in labs, trade with errant traders, etc.

The graphics are really nice and it seems like it could go places. If you've played the Rimworld mod Save Our Ship/SOS you should feel right at home here

caveat emptor it's EA but I've been enjoying it

My main problem with this is the ridiculous amount of resource and production stuff you need to make things. Or maybe I'm overthinking it

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Jarvisi posted:

My main problem with this is the ridiculous amount of resource and production stuff you need to make things. Or maybe I'm overthinking it

Water is a bit too precious I think, spaceships are a closed system, so somehow losing 80% of water involved in growing food and the oxygen generator constantly needing water to create more oxygen even with a CO2 purfier, makes its rarity the greatest challenge in game. Maybe if they added space stations where one could bulk up on water instead of it being a resource that limits all activity.

Also, automated bots for doing all the carrying, with machinery having larger storage capacity, so my crew dont need to spend all their time running back and forth.

Otherwise, quite promising, if they manage to add something to generate random events and personal stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Boreal Tales is a surreal urban-horror adventure game with a lo-fi style and PS1 era Squaresoft aesthetics. Came out last month on itch for $3 Canadian which is like $1.50 USD and the dev probably gets a better cut anyway.

«12 »