Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Do you like fireworks but not the fact that are mean to doggos and the environment? Try Fireworks Mania

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/1365903662258733056

Unashamedly shallow fun simulator game. Unfortunately not on sale anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011
I got chased out of the Monster Hunter thread for garbage posting, now I shit up other Games threads with useless low-effort uninformed aggro noise. I somehow think "VN nerds" are beneath me and I belong on your ignore list.

Grabbed that right away. Goon-made by who? So I know who to praise/complain to if do/don't end up liking it.

HenryEx
Mar 24, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...

Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

Grabbed that right away. Goon-made by who? So I know who to praise/complain to if do/don't end up liking it.
It says that right on the steam page

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Donnerberg posted:

Souls-like means there's a health bar.
Roguelike means there's a dungeon.
Roguelite means there's a town.
Metroidvania means there's doors.

I'm currently waiting on the souls-like, metroidvania, action-adventure, hack and slash Foregone. It comes out on Monday. Don't know much about it other than it's done a round on consoles, and it looks gorgeous. Slick colours and animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_SDyAkUzE

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1000760/Foregone/

this is sadly rather dull except for the art style. The combat is rather slow, sometimes unresponsive and all the animations and timings just mismatch and do not allow a good flow. It's basically the exact opposite of the perfect fast gameplay from Dead Cells.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1372810/Teamfight_Manager/

quote:

Teamfight Manager is a simulation game where you are the coach of an e-sports team. You must manage players to set them up for matches. Make the best of pick & ban by evaluating the characteristics of the champions/players! A smart strategy can make up for a lack of individual player skills.

quote:

I was expecting this to be half-baked and no content. I was completely wrong, this game is an absolute banger. There are no reviews in the making of this in english but I will just say I am very very happy with my purchase and be looking to put more hours.

The one biggest takeaway is the statistics and data driven gameplay and champion diversity make this game really interesting, This is also first time I ever made a steam review so this game was worth going out my of way to do that~

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1162570/The_Protagonist_EX1/

Early access

quote:

The Protagonist: EX-1 is a gripping new turn-based, tactical RPG. You’re a highly trained soldier on a mission to infiltrate an alien space station that goes horribly wrong—find your team and discover the hidden truth.

quote:

Martial Arts Combat System - customize your character’s close-combat abilities
Dynamic Dialogue System – make decisions and face consequences
Initiative and Action Points System – fully control the actions of your character on their turn
Deep content – enjoy 7+ playable characters, 10+ types of enemies, 19+ weapon types, and much more
Story-Driven – play in this incredible sci-fi universe, mixing different genres and styles
With epic voices acting – from Temuera Morrison and Tony Todd, and much more

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1518810/Koi_Farm/

quote:

Koi Farm is a game about playing with koi ponds. Explore an infinite number of procedurally generated koi patterns by crossbreeding your fish, and discover new mutations as you go along.
Features
Create beautiful koi through selective breeding, combine fish with interesting patterns and colors to refine them.

Store the best koi as collectible trading cards, and let the koi book guide you towards new undiscovered mutations.

quote:

To the consumer:
As someone who legitimately works at a Koi farm for 4 years, this is the most simplistic view of breeding Koi and I love it!

First 5 minutes is slow then it ramps up from 0-100 pretty quickly with constant tracking of which Koi you need to breed and it becomes more in depth.

For $3 you will absolutely get your money's worth and I will definitely see myself playing more after I write this review.
I wouldn't mind paying for DLC that could possibly include feeding/pond expansion/economy/etc but that's potentially a whole different game.

To the developers -
I don't know if you need the help or how in-depth you would like this game to go, but my bosses and I can definitely be of assistance! Please DM if you need to do so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donnerberg
Dec 15, 2008

Hell Gem

haldolium posted:

this is sadly rather dull except for the art style. The combat is rather slow, sometimes unresponsive and all the animations and timings just mismatch and do not allow a good flow. It's basically the exact opposite of the perfect fast gameplay from Dead Cells.

That's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up though.