Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PotatoManJack posted:

Anyone tried this? I like the sound of it, and reviews are mostly positive, but for $80AUD I'm gonna need a seriously addictive game with lots of replay value, and I can't say I'm getting that from the store page.

There's pretty positive talk about it in the RPG thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Play posted:

I come out of hibernation to post something absolutely useless

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127180/Robot_Vacuum_Simulator_X/

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256757648/movie480.webm?t=1564607180

Robot Vacuum Simulator X. For anyone who has ever wanted to roleplay as a piece of computerized cleaning equipment, well.... this one's for you.

This is actually the second videogame about Roombas I've seen.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Don't forget Rumu.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

PotatoManJack posted:

Anyone tried this? I like the sound of it, and reviews are mostly positive, but for $80AUD I'm gonna need a seriously addictive game with lots of replay value, and I can't say I'm getting that from the store page.

Seems to be a great game, but for that price i'm holding out for at least 50% discount (especially with SMTV just around the corner)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Dackel posted:

Seems to be a great game, but for that price i'm holding out for at least 50% discount (especially with SMTV just around the corner)

:same:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1269710/Kainga_Seeds_of_Civilization/

Early access

quote:

Kainga is an ancient village-builder set in an unusual land where your environment, technology and choices affect how your culture and and people develop. Adapt to the pressures of the weather, tame and build on massive beasts and defend against other tribes while trying to complete challenges.

At the center of your town is your "Thinker". This slow, weak, leader guides your people, discovers new technology and must be protected at all costs! The Thinker can discover technology at sources of inspiration, scattered around the map. Develop your town enough to be able to complete the Thinker's challenge, then move on to a new one!

Create Unusual Cultures
Every playthrough will lead to new surprises and different ways to interact with the world. Your culture develops as you adjust to your surroundings, no two playthroughs will be alike.
Discover Over 140 Unique Technologies
Shelter, food, and resources are the basics, but learn to use some of the most unusual technologies in Kainga. Windmills that push away weather, cloud-popping balloons and jars filled with amnesia smoke are just some of the technologies you can learn to master.
Train Units and Tame Beasts
From giant acid breathing snails to massive leviathans bursting out of the ground, Kainga's creatures are all around you. Learn to live alongside these beasts or tame them, build on them and ride them into combat!
Defend Your People
Demands, raids and aquatic ambushes await in every game. Grow your forces and train your units to wield swords, spears, bows and rifles. Defend your Thinker at all costs and protect your workers from invasions.
Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs
Death is permanent and a looming threat, but the lessons you learn, the technology you discover and achievements you accomplish will allow you to get further on your next adventure!
Unlock New Biomes, Technologies and Thinkers
Complete a series of challenges to progress through the star-signs, unlocking new ways to play the game, more content and an ever-increasing roster of available technologies.

Full disclosure I backed the kickstarter on this one and am excited for it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1471410/SYNTHETIK_2/

Early access

quote:

New in SYNTHETIK 2:
▧ NEW WORLD:

Take possession of powerful Faction Arsenals and their varied gadgets and technologies!
Explore much more varied and complex environments with destruction, physics & full 3D!
Fight the powerful Machine S.A.T Police Force, Chrono and Shock Squad and their bosses!
The Technology Ruleset v2 elevates gameplay, faction and world design to a higher level!

▣ NEW GUNPLAY

Master the satisfying manual reload system,
leverage the unique top-down headshots, now more accurate than ever!
A new attachment system allows for even more varied upgrade paths!
Weapons can now be leveled and unlock new perks throughout your run!
Master new mechanics such as single shell reload, dual wield and more!
Weapons can still jam and overheat, check yourself before you burn yourself!

◩ NEW GAMEPLAY:

Reimagined classes and new class specializations give you many paths to try!
Our Alchemy Action editor enables unseen new depth in upgrades for items and abilities!
Make hard choices on the new Black Market, Medical, Gambling and God Shrine terminals!
Armor 2.0 enables backside hits, deflections, ricochets and deeper gunplay!

▩ NEW TECH:

Our powerful new framework, UniversEdit brings unending new possibilities for you & us!
Use our truly next-level modding / content creation tools right within the main menu:
Create and share your own items, abilities, weapons, classes and more within minutes!

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Slice Of Sea is out in a few hours from now. Its by the guy who did submachine - which I always enjoyed more for its worldbuilding and atmosphere than for its puzzles - but I'm still always up for another one of his games

quote:

Slice of Sea is a peaceful adventure and puzzle game. You play as Seaweed, a sea creature clearly out of their element. Explore desolate world of dust, all hand-drawn on paper in unique art style. Collect items, solve puzzles and lead Seaweed back home to the sea.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Treasures of the Aegean

quote:

What happened to the Minoan civilization? Join parkour master Marie Taylor and treasure hunter James Andrew in a historical action thriller, as they unveil the secrets of a forgotten kingdom which has been tragically trapped in and endless time loop.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256859955/movie480_vp9.webm

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Time loop you say? What a novel idea for a video game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sinteres posted:

Time loop you say? What a novel idea for a video game.

I'm not tired of time loops yet. I'm also not tired of zombies so :shrug:

Some video game trends are good

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm not tired of time loops yet. I'm also not tired of zombies so :shrug:

Some video game trends are good

I don't actually have a problem with it, it's just funny how many came out this year.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

This one looks cool at least. I'll put it on my wishlist and consider buying it once there are some reviews.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sinteres posted:

I don't actually have a problem with it, it's just funny how many came out this year.

Which ones? I always am interested in time loop media. I know of Forgotten City, 12 Minutes, Outer Wilds (not this year but the DLC came out)...

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Which ones? I always am interested in time loop media. I know of Forgotten City, 12 Minutes, Outer Wilds (not this year but the DLC came out)...

I think someone made a list a while ago but the two others that come to mind are Deathloop and Returnal.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh, of course. Already own those :P

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Oh, of course. Already own those :P

Do you have A Forgetful Loop?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Oh yeah also Loop Hero.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gnosia technically came out earlier but was localized this year

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Depending on your definition, Impostor Factory might count too.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

tinaun posted:

Slice Of Sea is out in a few hours from now. Its by the guy who did submachine - which I always enjoyed more for its worldbuilding and atmosphere than for its puzzles - but I'm still always up for another one of his games

Submachine is awesome. Gonna check this out.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1269710/Kainga_Seeds_of_Civilization/

Early access

Full disclosure I backed the kickstarter on this one and am excited for it

Looks like this is someone's solo project. Do they have a good track record? Game looks interesting, but don't want to get another Gnomoria.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
Some new game called Skyrim just came out. Woah.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Hello Sailor posted:

Looks like this is someone's solo project. Do they have a good track record? Game looks interesting, but don't want to get another Gnomoria.

Management Megathread's response so far is meh. It's a ton of combat and not much else.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I was looking at JunkPunk, which came out today.
A few LPs for it out though mostly one shots.
It's just so goddamn orange though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1585020/JUNKPUNK/

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

WALL-E simulator

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

OgNar posted:

I was looking at JunkPunk, which came out today.
A few LPs for it out though mostly one shots.
It's just so goddamn orange though.

The premise is cool but yeah holy poo poo it is aesthetically not good. Brown, orange, and dust everywhere might evoke a certain visual theme but man it's ugly.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I believe the ultimate objective is to make things not brown and orange via terraforming, but the store screenshots don't really reflect that.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Hello Sailor posted:

There's definitely something there, but a few things seem broke and were pissing me off, but also there are tools around to mitigate.

As an example I had built some 2 story houses that trapped the builders on an inaccessible plateau, but later I was able to tame a stilt strider, harness it and collect them.

(This could also be used to cheese the ai by moving your village to areas inaccessible to the other teams)

You have to do a bit of micro to not get crushed by the ai and one snail could possibly wipe out your whole village if you piss it off.

Like if you make too many buildings like clay pit a villager will just produce clay all day that will just rot on the ground, and storage buildings only hold 4 items.

You can disable buildings to manage your economy because if you slap down your whole village plan things won't go in a good sequence for progression.

It kinda gives me some black and white vibes, honestly I hope it gets a bit better down the line because there is some magic to it.

It's easy to gum up the works, but I'm learning how to manage my village, unlocking tech for later runs, but it's pretty hard and could use a bit of quality of life improvement and polish.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Oh man, Exo One is finally launching on 11/18! Been waiting on this for a long-rear end time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVRaIAq0YH8

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hello Sailor posted:

NOT ready for prime time. Too many features -- like selecting a building and then unselecting it -- are badly bugged. Give it awhile. It also has no save files at all, as well as no pause feature. If it's suppertime or your child is crying? Wave bye-bye to that run.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Oldstench posted:

Oh man, Exo One is finally launching on 11/18! Been waiting on this for a long-rear end time.

Nice, finally!

Dysmantle will be out of EA tomorrow. It's another 10tons game but one of the better ones. USP is that you can destroy almost every object and everything gives ressources for crafting and also XP. It's fun but as most 10tons games revolves around that one mechanic. There is also farming, fishing and building and stuff but it's not really interesting, combat neither. Exploring the island and destroying stuff while numbers go up is its essential core imo.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom

haldolium posted:

Dysmantle will be out of EA tomorrow. It's another 10tons game but one of the better ones. USP is that you can destroy almost every object and everything gives ressources for crafting and also XP. It's fun but as most 10tons games revolves around that one mechanic. There is also farming, fishing and building and stuff but it's not really interesting, combat neither. Exploring the island and destroying stuff while numbers go up is its essential core imo.
Been playing this for a while now. I have a thing for destruction. The game itself is not particularly challenging, innovative or complex. Check gameplay videos before making a decision. I can see a lot of people being dissapointed in this one....

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oldstench posted:

Looking forward, I really enjoyed the demo. As weird as it sounds it's like 2001: A Space Odyssey but you're the black monolith disc.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

madfury posted:

Been playing this for a while now. I have a thing for destruction. The game itself is not particularly challenging, innovative or complex. Check gameplay videos before making a decision. I can see a lot of people being dissapointed in this one....

Yeah I agree. Definitively watch some gameplay footage prior as there is not much depth to it. I've been playing it as well since EA realease and it never really got much different from the first few hours but it remains enjoyab enough.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1137300/Sherlock_Holmes_Chapter_One/

quote:

In this story-driven detective thriller, a young Sherlock Holmes struggles to prove himself as he navigates an exotic, dangerous island in the Mediterranean to investigate the mystery of his mother’s death.

Who wants open world hot Sherlock Holmes action?! I do. I want it very badly but won't buy it yet.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I mean, I kind of do, too, but $45 game + $25 season pass == $70. I think I'll wait for a sale.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1137300/Sherlock_Holmes_Chapter_One/

Who wants open world hot Sherlock Holmes action?! I do. I want it very badly but won't buy it yet.
Same - would love to hear a review if someone does buy it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1487560/StarCrawlers_Chimera/

Early access; another confession that yes I kickstarted this one. Similar to Kainga I haven't played it yet, I'm just excited for it:

quote:

StarCrawlers Chimera is a first-person, turn-based, cyberpunk RPG. Customize your character skills and dive into the Chimera complex to find the elusive Dr. Cerberus. Are you a stealthy cyberninja? A crazed pyromaniac soldier? Mind-bending void psyker? Or... a bit of all of them?

quote:

A lucrative offer. A simple job. Infiltrate Chimera.
The Client wants you to enter the Chimera BioPharma complex and find Dr. Cerberus.
Being a morally-ambiguous mercenary type with unique skills and a need for credits, this seems like a good idea.

Build your character from a variety of skill trees inspired by the StarCrawlers universe, grab some gear, and jump in. Grow your power and level up to unlock new abilities, gear, and secrets as you fight your way into the Chimera building.
Key Features
Wage tactical turn-based RPG battles against futuristic enemies.
Procedurally-generated floors provide new challenges and rewards.
Choose your own difficulty mode - with optional permadeath.
100+ abilities and 36 skill trees to customize your play style with Muscle, Guile, and Intellect skills.
30+ different enemy types and rare spawns with unique abilities and loot.
50+ weapons of different rarities ranging from plasma rifles to carbonite blades to scintillating donuts.
50+ items of gear to stop your insides from becoming outsides.
More features added with each new content patch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Starcrawlers was pretty fun for an indie, I'm definitely keeping my eye on their next game. I'm not sure I like how you're (apparently?) just 1 person instead of a party, unless I'm reading the steam page wrong