Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Jossar posted:

Millennia

63% of 587 reviews.

C Prompt's (under the Paradox publisher house) take on the historical 4X is here. Reviews are all over the place on this one - It's not that people agree on it being a mediocre game. More like a civil war in the comments on whether or not you hate it with the burning fire of a thousand suns for being too much like Civ/not enough like Civ/the graphics suck/the multiplayer functionality sucks or you don't really care about graphics or multiplayer and love it as a sufficiently interesting take on the genre whose mechanics click into place once you "get" it. If you're somehow still on the fence, I'd recommend watching one of the dozens of content creator videos that Paradox sponsored and deciding from there whether you like the game or not, as that's probably the best way to figure out what the experience is going to be.

Yeah, the combination of some really cool ideas mixed with rather puzzling implementation, iffy balance, and very dated graphics make this a pass for now from me. Some of the concepts seem very cool just not quite cool enough to put up with the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Play posted:

Hearthstone at home. Just kidding, I don't even play hearthstone and I have no idea if this is like it. I just wanted to fit in by saying that. I'm sorry. 71% positive out of 14.

It's ok we love you, thank you for post

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Rusty posted:

Outpost: Infinity Siege

This is some sort of mash up of FPS, tower defense, base building, and extraction shooter. It has mostly negative reviews mainly it seems due to performance, but it also has 10k playing right now.

I just got this. I've only played solo and on the campaign. It's a little janky, but fun so far.

Hyper Inferno posted:

The reviews are also pegging it as way too grindy and not focused enough on the base-building and gunplay parts. I was looking forward to this game for multiplayer and there's also complaints that only the host gets meaningful progress in multiplayer. This all seems fixable over time by tweaking numbers and how multiplayer works and if that all gets settled it'll be much more appealing to me.

Seems accurate from the limited amount of time I've played this. So far most of the game has been about searching a small map for stuff and hauling it back to your base to extract. It's a game that tries to do a lot. It's not perfect, but it's fun for the $20 I spent on it through Green Man Gaming.

The voice acting is pretty terrible, though. No amount of number tweaking is going to fix that, lol.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Open Roads

quote:

Long-lost family secrets. Hints of a hidden fortune. And miles to go before they sleep. Tess Devine’s relationship with her mom has never been easy, but they’re about to set out together on a journey into the past that they’ll never forget.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257010523/movie480_vp9.webm
No reviews yet. 15% launch discount.

Pepper Grinder

quote:

Pepper Grinder is an action-packed 2D adventure blending traditional platforming with an alternate drilling mode that allows you to dive in and out of the earth like a dolphin swims through water.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257011867/movie480_vp9.webm
No reviews. Has a demo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1883800/The_Magical_Mixture_Mill/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257011597/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1711555210

quote:

Gather exotic ingredients, brew complex mixtures, and expand your magically automated production lines -- keeping your shelves stocked, your customers happy, and your pockets full.
84% positive out of 204. The recent reviews are better, guessing this is releasing out of early access.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1183530/Go_Fight_Fantastic/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257011253/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1711453501

quote:

Bird Planet is under attack! Team up in co-op (local and online) or fight the invaders solo in this fast-paced, light-hearted and vibrantly hand-drawn hack n’ slash for 1-3 players.
65% positive out of 26.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just got this. I've only played solo and on the campaign. It's a little janky, but fun so far.

Seems accurate from the limited amount of time I've played this. So far most of the game has been about searching a small map for stuff and hauling it back to your base to extract. It's a game that tries to do a lot. It's not perfect, but it's fun for the $20 I spent on it through Green Man Gaming.

The voice acting is pretty terrible, though. No amount of number tweaking is going to fix that, lol.

Is it better in Chinese or is it English only voice acting?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

DORONKO WANKO

quote:

『DORONKO WANKO』 is a DORONKO Action Game. In this game, You can become a cute, innocent Pomeranian, make your master's home messy and dirty. "Will the master be angry with me?" Don't worry. Because you are a sweet doggie.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257005066/movie480_vp9.webm
98% out of 293. Free.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Rift Wizard 1 was gruesomely hard. 2 appears to be a huge overhaul: the shrines that modify spells to change synergies in the original were hard to build around because they were random, so they all sucked. They've been replaced with gear that does something generically useful. You can't upgrade a spell multiple times, but the upgrades are all spell changing, instead of just +damage or +charges. You get fewer skill points, to go with spending less time upgrading spells.

Monsters in the original game were pretty distinct, but Rift Wizard 2 leans into templating to make more monsters--the original array of foes was distinct enough that having them randomly be undead, or immune to fire, or shielded, doesn't feel as generic as it would in most roguelikes. The new bigger monsters make AOE spells better, so you have more options for end game super foes.

Remember how you could get items that summoned monster spawners, but they took a turn so it was hard to find a window to use them, and then they'd get used up so you'd want to save them until later maps, but then the enemies would be so thick and powerful that summoning four troll kings probably wasn't a good use of a turn? Now you get items that passively summon a monster spawner once a map, for the rest of the game. Rad.

And best of all, your spells recharge every level now! You can cast your fun spells more often without building some nonsense recharge build based off of seventeen skill points dropped into a level 1 spell you hate.

Also, new spells and new skills, that you can't afford because you have fewer skill points. Maybe more drop later on, I'm not far in yet.

I haven't played much, yet, but these are all exciting changes that make me want to play more.

edit: Just found out you get treasure chests with random spells in them so your build changes up this rules.

edit 2: Full heal, and the equipable items change future spells so you can start building up to new synergies later on? This game is crazy better than the previous version.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 29, 2024

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hyper Inferno posted:

Is it better in Chinese or is it English only voice acting?

I've only played it with English voice acting. It does have Chinese voice, but I prefer to have it in English just so I know what is being said if I don't notice an onscreen message.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

ultrafilter posted:

Pepper Grinder

quote:

Pepper Grinder is an action-packed 2D adventure blending traditional platforming with an alternate drilling mode that allows you to dive in and out of the earth like a dolphin swims through water.
No reviews. Has a demo.

Currently rated 89% out of 131. This is quite good and almost lives up to what it looks like it should be, but there's a few issues holding it back from being truly fantastic.

My biggest complaint is the swinging grapple controls. Instead of a normal hold-and-release setup it has you tap X (generic contextual input) to latch on and then tap R2 (the dig button) to release; this feels absolutely terrible and even after beating the game it never became second nature. Also the A button (jump) cancels the animation entirely and resets your momentum. Thoroughly disgusting. They need to add an option to change this.

Second major complaint is that you can't skip boss cutscenes. For two of them it's a brief 10 second intro so eh whatever, but one is more like 20 seconds and the final boss is almost a full minute. Adding to this, in time trial mode you get to replay the short section of stage before the boss each time because checkpoints are disabled. With the par times on boss stages being 1-2 minutes it's inexcusable that every time you fail you get to waste just as much or more time sitting around doing nothing as you do actually playing. I gave up trying to medal the final boss because of this.

Outside of those and while playing casually it's a very fun experience. Moving around and exploring levels is a blast and you can tell a lot of care went into making sure cycles line up properly. There's plenty of stage gimmicks, neat interactable objects, fun mechanics to go fast; all the usual stuff you'd expect out of a platformer. The music is good but not great, ranging from hectic drum and bass to chill ambient tracks but often feels like there's an instrument or melody missing from the composition. I'm surprised there's no in-game leaderboards with how much movement tech and intended skips are packed into each level. Speedruns will be fun to watch for sure.

A few other minor things stick out to me. Sometimes when exiting dirt or water you can get caught up on walls and freeze in place. The time trial goals are all very reasonable except one stage that is practically impossible. I'm convinced they goofed the time requirement because I can't even get within 25 seconds when I beat plenty of other stages by that much or more. There's a silly cosmetic gacha mechanic to spend the money you find in levels and it hands out way too many duplicates, the full set is required for achievements.

Even with the current flaws I still wish there were more of it. There's a total of 24 stages across 4 worlds and Steam has me clocked at 6.7 hours played. Some really challenging extra stages to flex your acquired mastery would make a welcome addition since the base game isn't terribly difficult.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 30, 2024

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rusty posted:

This is some sort of mash up of FPS, tower defense, base building, and extraction shooter. It has mostly negative reviews mainly it seems due to performance, but it also has 10k playing right now.

Requoting to give goons a quick rundown of this game: It is janky, cheesy, tries to do way to much, and I loving love it. Want a podcast and chill game? This is it. Want to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but the game the game is too opaque and random? This game gives you a safe spot to retreat to and save your stuff. Want to build a base but are afraid of the complexity of other games? This is a simplified version. Want to recruit NPCs to go on missions while you are scavenging for loot? Here it is. Want to pilot a loving mecha and shoot big dumb robots? If you build it, you can do it.

This had a trailer that makes it look like a AAA game, but it's more like AA or A+. The devs have been updating like crazy to get rid of the initial bugs. I've been playing nonstop and I see slight changes and adjustments every day. If anyone is into playing the game, here are my suggestions for not rage-quitting or making progress-losing/stupid mistakes:

Starting Out: Don't grind too much before completing mission
1) Use your main character (Fae) for early or risky missions because he literally has plot armor (you won't lose him if you fail, but you might lose some/all of your gear). Other operatives aren't as lucky.
2) Ammo is scarce, so use and abuse Fae's Free Fire ability where he can shoot unlimited bullets for a small amount of time. You can also upgrade it so that every time you kill an enemy by hitting a weakpoint it extends the time, meaning unlimited unlimited bullets. :D
3) You have to progress the main campaign to unlock more features, so don't sell any of the big valuables you retrieve from exploration days (radsource extract, composite fiber container, alloy components, etc.) because you can sell them for the game's currency once you unlock the store).

Recovery Day & Extraction: It's no loving joke
1) The more you load up to recover, the longer and more difficult the extraction will be. However, what you carry in your backpack doesn't count in that calculation, and you bring back what you carry. So...
2) You can lower the extraction difficulty by extracting low-value items and holding onto the high-value ones. In early game, that'll mean extracting whites and greens while holding onto blues and purples. As you build up your base.
3) There is a big difference in difficulty between novice/trivial and easy. So even if you can extract from trivial on its highest difficulty, easy can still ruin your day.
4) Start with a low-difficulty extraction so that you can explore the map. There are a lot of resources there to help you, like friendly cannons, ammo stashes, and cannons you can man. It makes the higher difficulty runs easier.
5) The only thing that needs to survive is the "core" and your base will be rebuilt at no cost after each extraction.

Exploration: Your outposts and area scan are your best friends
1) When you first land in a spot, area scan will tell you where all the goodies are hidden. The indicators only stay up for a few minutes, with the exception of quest items. Those stay up permanently.
2) Bring detectors or scan gloves because finding things you can pick up are often hard to make out from the environment.
3) You don't have to kill every enemy on the map. Conserve ammo and use Free Fire. You can make it in your outpost at 100 material/1 box, but those are more useful for arming your outpost's turrets (which WILL run out of bullets).
4) When in doubt, book it back to base if you feel outgunned or outnumbered. You can build turrets on your base and they will make quick work of exploration enemies.
5)There are lots of jumping/throwing puzzles in the game, like platform-jumping up a tower or tossing energy balls into a basket to charge a device.

Home Base and Operatives: Different features unlock as you progress through the main campaign, like tech research, base building, and recruiting and using operatives. You can and should use and abuse these features because they really do help.
Tech Research: You will unlock new base upgrades and consumables through the campaign and found blueprints. These cost tech points to research. Before you do anything too expensive (like 40+), you want to unlock the base management features and use operatives to reduce point cost and research time (days spent exploring and extracting).

Base Building: The base will tell you the direction that most enemies attack at (i.e. the front), but you will get flanked at higher difficulties. Start by putting your turrets in front so they can focus fire at the front and then start fanning out to the sides and back. Certain upgrades can affect the amount of materials (building currency when out exploring/extracting) and power (exploration currency) that your outpost has.

Recruiting Operatives: There are 2 ways to get new operatives: 1) local operatives (from the intelligence center) and 2) specialty purchase (from the barracks). Local operatives need to be "field tested" before you can recruit them (so do a simple novice run). Specialty purchases need a special item you can find from exploring or on the field, and are ready to deploy once purchased.

Using Operatives: So far there are 3 ways to use operatives. You can level them out on the field (and they all have different traits, making them unique from Fae), send them out on NPC missions that can gather resources or get them killed, or deploy them on your base to boost different activities. That last one is KEY. You can use it to reduce the cost and time of Tech Research, NPC missions, and buying stuff through the trade port. Use and abuse this system, especially for trading. You gather gold on the field (basic currency), and you can use it to buy stuff from vendors at the trade port. If you deploy all of them to the market, you get more items to pick from and reduced refresh cost. Best thing? You can redeploy them wherever you want AFTERWARD. It saves you a ton of gold and a ton of time.

You CAN (and most likely will) find yourself in a position where you die. It sucks because you will lose stuff. However, you can always find more. I haven't beaten the game yet because I made stupid mistakes. I'm hoping this helps any goons interested in playing the game.

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 31, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Okay I have to say something about this game. I pretty much expected a mediocre minigolf game with some cool visuals, but this game may very well be a work of genius. Whether it is fun, I'm not so sure. But when it says 4D golf, it REALLY MEANS 4D golf. There is literally an extra dimension, two extra directions, the entire course changes depending on what 'slice' of the 4D world you are viewing, and you can even shift to 'volume mode' where the 2D course itself becomes a 3d space. You can putt from this mode as well.

I've had trouble comprehending it, if I'm honest. I count myself a reasonably decent spatial thinker but this game threw me for a loop and I'm still trying to figure out how it actually works.

Someone put a lot of effort, and no small amount of math, into this game. Truly bizarre but definitely one of the most interesting and unique concepts I have seen in a game in a long time.

HopperUK posted:

It's ok we love you, thank you for post

<3

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Play posted:

I've had trouble comprehending it, if I'm honest. I count myself a reasonably decent spatial thinker but this game threw me for a loop and I'm still trying to figure out how it actually works.

In four dimensions there's enough room to build some things that are completely unlike anything you've ever seen (e.g., two planes that intersect in a single point), so I wouldn't expect your intuition about 3D space to be worth much.

(In fact, four-dimensional geometry is one of the hardest subjects out there. In one dimension nothing too interesting happens, in two or three dimensions we can rely on pictures and spatial intuition, and in five or more dimensions we have some very powerful tools that let us solve many problems. In four dimensions, everything is counterintuitive and has to be approached in an ad hoc manner.)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Trying to make a "Turn your monitor on / off at the same time" joke but I'm too stupid to pull it off. Just imagine a dimension where I did.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

In four dimensions there's enough room to build some things that are completely unlike anything you've ever seen (e.g., two planes that intersect in a single point), so I wouldn't expect your intuition about 3D space to be worth much.

(In fact, four-dimensional geometry is one of the hardest subjects out there. In one dimension nothing too interesting happens, in two or three dimensions we can rely on pictures and spatial intuition, and in five or more dimensions we have some very powerful tools that let us solve many problems. In four dimensions, everything is counterintuitive and has to be approached in an ad hoc manner.)

4DToys played with the concept of 4D geometry a while back. Gave me too much of a headache tho

https://store.steampowered.com/app/619210/4D_Toys/

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Carpathian Night Starring Bela Lugosi

quote:

Prince Dracula, Lord of the Vampires, has returned from the Devil's Scholomance with the Army of the Dead at his back! Guide vampire hunters Abbot Dorin and Irina Dracul across the monster plagued countryside and into the heart of the ancient Castle Dracula!
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256966867/movie480_vp9.webm
100% out of 10. Legally distinct from Castlevania.

Sky Journey - Cozy Mornings

quote:

Find all hidden objects in a gorgeous post-apocalyptic world, to reveal colorful scenes, while relaxing in the company of a fun little boy and his robot friend!
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257012370/movie480_vp9.webm
No reviews. 40% launch discount from a base price of $1 in case that matters to you.

Squeaky Squad

quote:

The Squeaky Squad struck again! Fight an army of rodents in this roguelite platformer.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256966805/movie480_vp9.webm
91% out of 12. Free.

Tower of Fire: The Sword of Unspoken Misc

quote:

Tower of Fire: The Sword of Unspoken Misc is two hour story-heavy adventure game with a strong Power Metal aesthetic.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257010545/movie480_vp9.webm
No reviews. $5.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Rusty posted:

Not optimistic since reviews tend to start positive and go down over time.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Gynovore posted:

Seems like it's the opposite with this game, it's now up to mixed and they have been releasing major patches daily. Check out the news section, people seem to be really happy with the updates. Also when I posted this there was 10k concurrent. It was up to 17k yesterday.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Requoting to give goons a quick rundown of this game: <Snip>

You CAN (and most likely will) find yourself in a position where you die. It sucks because you will lose stuff. However, you can always find more. I haven't beaten the game yet because I made stupid mistakes. I'm hoping this helps any goons interested in playing the game.
I ended up buying based on this review, so thanks. I haven't played yet, but the devs seem to be updating this game daily so I am giving it a shot.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 31, 2024

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Gynovore posted:

I don't think that's universally true at all. There are number of games that get blasted on release due to either legit or questionable reasons that even out later as either problems get fixed or the furor dies out.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

SlothBear posted:

I don't think that's universally true at all. There are number of games that get blasted on release due to either legit or questionable reasons that even out later as either problems get fixed or the furor dies out.

The most recent example being Millennia, having a launch-day score of about 19% and is now up to 64%. For whatever reason the earliest adopters were really harsh.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

The Outpost reviews seem to be bad mostly from people misunderstanding the game and not playing past first 10 minutes. I am curious about the game and will be checking it out.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rusty posted:

I ended up buying based on this review, so thanks. I haven't played yet, but the devs seem to be updating this game daily so I am giving it a shot.

I hope you enjoy it! It's janky and really feels limited in the beginning, but I think it's because the main campaign is literally the tutorial.

haddedam posted:

The Outpost reviews seem to be bad mostly from people misunderstanding the game and not playing past first 10 minutes. I am curious about the game and will be checking it out.

I am no expert, but I can make a game thread.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Outpost: Infinity Siege thread made:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057536

I posted what I've learned so far as I play through the campaign, and I'm STILL unlocking new features. I guarantee that most of the people who reviewed this game never got past the easy level, lmao.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I played through Open Road, I liked it a lot. Its by the Gone Home/Tacoma devs, which I am already a big fan of so it was obviously already going to be up my alley. The va was really good, and theres a fair amount of poking around interesting environments. They have some cool songs on the car radio in the road trip segments, I think iltjis is the first game Ive heard a Knife song in. Overall I liked it a lot, but keep in mind its really short as it took me about 2.5 hours to complete.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gynovore posted:

It went from Mostly Negative with a poo poo ton of bad reviews only to bounce up to Mixed after a half a week of daily patches

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Nightmare: The Lunatic

quote:

Nightmare: The Lunatic is a hardcore action roguelite platformer game where you escape your nightmare. Swap between 3 weapons constantly, use special attacks, and dodge and parry enemies' attacks. Strengthen yourself by collecting powerful and distinctive totems.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257012112/movie480_vp9.webm
92% out of 52. 20% launch discount.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2852770/Placid_Plastic_Desktop/

quote:

This is a lighter version of the critically acclaimed, award-winning, champion of relaxation Placid Plastic Duck Simulator.

No pools. No slides. No airplanes. No splash sounds.

THIS
HAS
JUST
DUCKS

Enjoy a slice of the PPDS magic right on your desktop.

It's $0.99, have ducks on your screen all the time

mystes
May 31, 2006

why do i want this, what is wrong with me

seriously this type of desktop toy things is pretty nostalgic though

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

mystes posted:

why do i want this, what is wrong with me

seriously this type of desktop toy things is pretty nostalgic though

I honestly kind of miss them, I loved these kinds of programs as a kid even though they're objectively not a game in most senses of the word. I remember as a kid I had some "game" where you collected eggs and they hatched into pets that were more or less very low-maintenance Tamagotchi-style things, I can't remember what it was called for the life of me. I do remember it was one of the first programs I encountered where you could get different eggs from various places online, so I was always on the lookout for unusual ones.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

MockingQuantum posted:

I honestly kind of miss them, I loved these kinds of programs as a kid even though they're objectively not a game in most senses of the word. I remember as a kid I had some "game" where you collected eggs and they hatched into pets that were more or less very low-maintenance Tamagotchi-style things, I can't remember what it was called for the life of me. I do remember it was one of the first programs I encountered where you could get different eggs from various places online, so I was always on the lookout for unusual ones.

Have you looked at little horror game Kinito Pet? It's pretty clever in some of the ways it riffs on those desktop pets.

anyway I'm going to buy the desktop duck

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Have you looked at little horror game Kinito Pet? It's pretty clever in some of the ways it riffs on those desktop pets.

anyway I'm going to buy the desktop duck

I have not! It looks interesting, added this one to the wishlist. Thanks!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Minishoot' Adventures

quote:

Fly into a charming handcrafted world and go on an adventure that mixes up open exploration with crispy twin-stick shooter action. Fight your way from the shiny overworld to the deepest caves, improve your ship and overcome the dungeons' bosses to rescue your friends!
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257005365/movie480_vp9.webm
100% out of 18. 10% launch discount.

The Legend of Skye

quote:

We will step into the shoes of a young druid who will be called upon by her tribe to undertake an important mission. After some events in her village, she will have to leave behind the safety of the forest and venture into a world full of dangers. The fate of the grove will be in her hands.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257000100/movie480_vp9.webm
No reviews yet. 10% launch discount.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

This is super cool, it's very much Zelda meets twinstick shooter.

This was a letdown. The final product feels somewhere between rushed gamejam entry and unfinished student project, in the blandest way possible.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Just found out about this game, releases into EA in a week and looks dope as hell - Underspace

What immediately made me interested is that it's a space shooter game in vein of Freelancer, but with a horror/occult theming. Giant void leviahans, megastructures, weird bioscapes and space demons, kinda reminds me of E.Y.E.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Fun fact: Underspace is made by Trainwiz, maker of some very ambitious skyrim mods including Wheels of Lull among other projects. Also it's been a long time in the making, around Fallout 4 is when I remember the project starting, but it might have been even earlier.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1438480/Saviorless/
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/257012689/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1712062950

quote:

Embark on a journey to The Smiling Islands, the realm of the Saviors, where an enigmatic guide beckons. The seasoned narrator has shared this story countless times, yet none have graced the miraculous land. Can you seize your narrative and ascend as a Savior?
25 positive, 1 negative.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

Just found out about this game, releases into EA in a week and looks dope as hell - Underspace

What immediately made me interested is that it's a space shooter game in vein of Freelancer, but with a horror/occult theming. Giant void leviahans, megastructures, weird bioscapes and space demons, kinda reminds me of E.Y.E.

"multiplayer pvp"

yeah no dawg, that's dev resources best spent elsewhere

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
multiplayer co-op seems like a fun idea. Run a tiny EVE server for all your friends

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tombot posted:

Fun fact: Underspace is made by Trainwiz, maker of some very ambitious skyrim mods including Wheels of Lull among other projects. Also it's been a long time in the making, around Fallout 4 is when I remember the project starting, but it might have been even earlier.

I hope there's a Bhruce Hammar reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

victrix posted:

"multiplayer pvp"

yeah no dawg, that's dev resources best spent elsewhere

Valid point, though the dev claims single player camapign is already mostly complete and multiplayer mode will be its own separate thing. I want to believe