Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

TheCog posted:

This game is a major nostalgia kick for me

God, same. I remember playing it a lot but i'm not sure it's actually any good.

Speaking of submariners and also X-COM I guess: Stirring Abyss
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178210/Stirring_Abyss/

quote:

Stirring Abyss is an indie tactical squad-based game with strong RPG elements in which you uncover the ancient mysteries of the depths depicted in the classic vein of Lovecraftian horror.
You take charge of the surviving crew of the USS Salem, a U.S. Navy submarine that sinks while on a top secret research mission during the early years of the Cold War.
They find themselves surrounded by the ruins of a forgotten civilization, their vessel too badly damaged to escape the seabed.

Every expedition lives or dies by the strength of its crew. You have a diverse array of character traits and skills at your disposal, each opening exciting new options in both combat and in story events.
As you delve ever deeper, you may also subject your crew to powerful but grisly mutations; the price of survival is high, and no one escapes the abyss unchanged.

Salvaged resources can be turned into weapons, armor, or other useful supplies - or they can be used to repair and upgrade the Salem, giving your crew a crucial edge in the fight for survival.
The more you explore the abyss during the missions, the more chances you have to find the lost treasures of the deep.

The hauntingly beautiful environment holds many secrets and mysteries to explore, but danger lurks just outside the feeble circles of light you bring with you.
Be wise, and use your skills to scout the black waters and light up the path: unseen terrors may be hiding just out of sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

I am on the edge my seat and I want to know what he got her? 3x 2500$ wooden bear candle holders?

video games are art.