Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Othercide sounds like the polar opposite of Troubleshooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Morpheus posted:

Those mongolian dogs in Ghost of Tsushima can gently caress right off, constantly breaking my ghost streak.

But you can make friends with them now!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SubponticatePoster posted:

Do you have the link for that? I checked like the first half dozen pages and didn't see it.

I didn’t see it either and it didn’t turn up in search, but someone posted about it in another thread recently, so here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655873&perpage=40&noseen=1

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Play posted:

Also there's a big new expansion for Conan: Exiles

What? Where? Give!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hmm, I’ve had Siptah since March, I wonder what’s going on there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I guess it was Early Access or something. Weird.

The game is fun enough. I haven’t played a ton, but I’ve enjoyed fiddling in the world. The main quest line isn’t much to speak of.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ultrafilter posted:

Back in the NES days you couldn't make games long with more content (except for RPGs), so the best way to increase the playtime of what you had was to increase the difficulty.

Tell that to Elite!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A friend of mine wrote the original Rogue, and IIRC his take on it is “I made a fun game with lots of replayability due to random generation, and if someone else made a fun game and wants to reference mine that’s super”.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aramek posted:

I also voice a shitload of character in it. I'm about 7 and a half hours in so far and it's fun.

You and Ryan are two of my favourite people! Sold!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Alctel posted:

edit: this could also be one of those things where a word has a certain weight in America and not anywhere else in the English speaking world

I understand it the same way up here in Canada.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ultrafilter posted:

World of Haiku

100% positive based on 4 reviews. I'm always skeptical of games that claim to be anything but entertaining (and even that's a bit of a stretch sometimes), but who knows?

Me too! Asked some security friends for their take, I’m curious what they’ll think.

E: I see that you did too!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 23, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Eschatos posted:

Potionomics is extremely good. Check it out.

Shame it doesn’t have better Deck controls, though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Play posted:

Apropos of nothing, Plague Tale Requiem is so goddamned good

Should I finish Innocence first, or can I jump right in?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Play posted:

And generally I skip bigger games but I'll just mention that Age of Wonders 4 came out to seemingly positive acclaim.

Multiplayer is suffering from a crushed server (it’s 2023, learn 2 cloud), so if that’s your jam then maybe wait a week or two.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Morpheus posted:

It's funny seeing these dark, box-like Soviet buildings made of cement and thinking "Huh, looks like Ottawa"

Sure does…

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do we know how Cocoon plays on the Deck?

And does it have a Wilford Brimley easter egg?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

goatface posted:

One of the games suggested character builds is "man with big stick and no friends", so I (perhaps naively) assumed that such a thing would be a viably entertaining way to play it.

Yeah from the RPG thread it sounds like that would be viable and entertaining after you’ve mastered the game.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DicktheCat posted:

The bisexual rat uses a scalpel for a spear

As we have come to expect.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am sure I wouldn’t have figured that out either without that text, except possibly by accident.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

woke kaczynski posted:

Congrats! I picked it up and I'll try and give it a play soon :)

Same!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Someone said that it was a chud game and I don’t doubt it, but I read over the store page and really I would have no idea from that description. Is there some dog-whistling phrase there that I’m not picking up?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh I don’t watch the trailers generally, that would explain it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yeah, the trailer is A Lot

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Upsidads posted:

Is this the Shithead releases thread?

Not specifically, but feel free to post about your work.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snooze Cruise posted:

hi this is the game of the year people!!

I thought we were getting the Troubleshooter sequel this year?!?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Tarkovsky 1979 Stalker movie is pretty good (100% fresh on RT!) but it is not a typical sci-fi movie at all.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 25, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MockingQuantum posted:

I hadn't heard of it before but looking at the store page, Slice & Dice is made by a goon, or at least a former goon

Still an active goon!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rusty posted:

Has no one posted this one? It seems pretty cool but it is kind of getting mixed reviews due to early access bugs, but the bad reviews still seem mixed on it. It uses real world maps so you can set your base at your real life neighborhood if you want. I don't own it yet so I can't comment more on it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465460/Infection_Free_Zone/

There’s a free demo/“prologue” for 8 days that offers 6 cities. It’s probably more polished than the game in general, but could be a way to see what it’s like:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2485640/Infection_Free_Zone__Prologue/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JackBandit posted:

What are the 6 cities? Couldn’t find it listed in the steam text

No idea, sorry.