Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Thanks for bringing this up. I was in the mood for a deck builder roguelite and this is really scratching that itch. The world building is cool and the mechanics have been interesting. There’s some odd bugs and the classes seem pretty unbalanced but I’ve been having fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'm liking the story metaprogression, and the classes are different enough, but it feels like each only has one or maybe two possible builds each? The overworld is a bit confusing and the 3d navigation feels unnecessary, but it's a good deck builder.

This is my impression too. I’ve won with six of the classes and it seems like you really need to lean into one of their traits or the ultimate. I don’t mind though since they’re basically three archetypes of the same pool of cards as is and the way they use the same moves can be radically different. I have had some trait unlocks that have opened up a pretty big shift in play within a class though.

Agreed on the map being unnecessary. I would have preferred if they were just nodes but it’s not that big a deal either.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Punch Club was a game about grinding stats to make your boxer better but also all your stats would decay noticeably every day so you could really only make headway on one of the three and did so swimming upstream the whole time. Real poo poo game with nice pixel art and the stat decay is really just the easiest thing to point to in the many ways their games disrespect your time. Speaking as someone who plays idle games, punch club was more of a Sisyphus simulator.

Tiramisu fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 21, 2023

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

This came out last week and I’ve been enjoying it quite a bit. If you like Luck Be A Landlord you’ll probably be into Crop Rotation too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2348090/Crop_Rotation/

You pick crops that get randomly planted on a grid of expanding size. There’s also type synergies a la auto builders, passive effects from inventory items, and merging for increasing/different effects.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

John DiFool posted:

Really hosed up that the anime titty metroidvania doesn’t let you save if you ask me.

You can do it as soon as you get out of the tutorial. They look like vending machines. Just turn the difficulty down until then if you’re dying.